Paris Orly FSX Initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

Good Scenery but the FPS is bad between 8-10 Worst than FSX default.

Thanks for the heads up. I was actually considering this airport since I dont own Mega Airport CDG, but in this other thread http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=38425 the guy is running a Core I7 960 at 4.2 ghZ and getting only 10 to 12 FPS. If that's the case me being at 3.85 ghz probably wont cut it.

Its funny that another airport that Peter did (Nice X) gives me horrible performance also, while Maderia and Lisbon which he also had a hand in give me ok FPS. I'm wondering if there is something in Peter's design technique that is sometimes causing performance hits since I own a lot of other large airports buy FSDreamteam, FlyTampa and Imaginesim that give me good FPS?

None the less thanks for the feedback. I will wait and see what happens as far as maybe some type of patch for performance before I buy this one.

Can't confirm that. I have 30fps locked on the system, and the worst I get out at Orly with - for example - the standard CRJ is 14fps - but most of the times I am at 20-30.

Settings are very dense scenery, very dense autogen, AI at 20% with My TrafficX 2010, Airport vehicles sparse. Water 2.0 low, clouds full.

I don't have CDG installed, though, but REX, GEX Europe and UTX Europe.

Something is seriously wrong here. There are no terminal buildings on my system - just a black smudge where the buildings are supposed to be. I checked for multiple AFCAD files - deleted same. I checked multiple scenery packages that might interfere - I eliminated the FranceVFR packages for Paris as a check - did not fix issue.

Can you help please?

Thanks

Frank

My system:

ASUS P6X58D

CPU Intel i7-980 Extreme

RAM - Corsair DDR3 12Gb

Graphics card - NVidia GTX 480

HDD Western Digital 1Tb

Liquid Cooling Thermaltake + Koolglance + Swiftech (CPU and GPU)

PSU Ultra X3 1600Watts

Hi FBass,

Just to confirm that I don't think there is anything to do with FranceVfr that I do have (complete collection).

I complete the installation but no problem with textures or buildings (despite of FPS).

What other sceneries do yo have ?

How are they ordered in the scenery manager ?

Marc

Hi,

I just install Orly Mega Airport for FSX and i have a little problem:

I see all the jetways from the original microsoft FSX scene

These jetways are alone in the scene, if i disable Orly Mega Airport , thes jetways are connected to the original terminal

Could you help me ?

PS sorry for my poor english

Eric

Hi FBass,

Just to confirm that I don't think there is anything to do with FranceVfr that I do have (complete collection).

I complete the installation but no problem with textures or buildings (despite of FPS).

What other sceneries do yo have ?

How are they ordered in the scenery manager ?

Marc

Marc,

Regarding how many sceneries I have - the list would be quite long as I have almost 800 entries in my scenery.cfg file. As for Aerosoft packages - I have perhaps 95% of all their packages.

Regarding placement of scenery entries in my scenery.cfg file - the entries in the file are sequenced by country (alphabetized). The only exception are those entries that require a specific placement (above or below in the file).

I have not had any trouble of this type before with an Aerosoft scenery package. I'm not using FX10 preview mode. The only "tweaks" I use are DPS Limiter and EMBserie.

Frank

• Upvote 1

Marc,

Regarding how many sceneries I have - the list would be quite long as I have almost 800 entries in my scenery.cfg file. As for Aerosoft packages - I have perhaps 95% of all their packages.

Regarding placement of scenery entries in my scenery.cfg file - the entries in the file are sequenced by country (alphabetized). The only exception are those entries that require a specific placement (above or below in the file).

I have not had any trouble of this type before with an Aerosoft scenery package. I'm not using FX10 preview mode. The only "tweaks" I use are DPS Limiter and EMBserie.

Frank

Here's a small snapshot of what I'm talking about. There are no jetways anywhere and the buildings look like default objects. There's also a couple of FSX default aircraft.

Here's a small snapshot of what I'm talking about. There are no jetways anywhere and the buildings look like default objects. There's also a couple of FSX default aircraft.

Second try at addting a pic.

post-13049-004182200 1284238901_thumb.jp

Hi Frank,

Regarding how many sceneries I have - the list would be quite long as I have almost 800 entries in my scenery.cfg file.

Wow a huge number in fact !

Isn't it too many at one time ?

You should reduce the number of sceneries at one time (removing those you'll not use in your next flight)

There's some tools to do that.

Actually I've only 36 add-on areas in my manager...

Regarding the scenery order, there should be some troubles with that, if I understood your post.

What I've read and practice is that sceneries must be ordered in a specific way: you'll find whatever you need with google.

The lowest layer (at the bottom of the Scenery Library list) is the "Default Terrain" one.

Everything else get added on top of that, layer by layer, just like building a wedding cake.

When we start looking at the scenery manager (a specific one should be welcome but I'm sure you do have one with such a number of sceneries),

at the top you'll find the specific folders as AES and AFD.

Then you'll find in that order :

specific airport (Aerosoft MA, FSDT or FranceVFR local airport)

specific local area. (FVFR Flight Paris...)

Regional area (FVFR Flight Alpes Nord...)

Other area (NextMesh...)

Traffic add-on generally just before the propeller layer (MyTraffic...)

and then the base area...

Your problem should be something regarding that order but I'm surprised that you never had troubles before...

Hope this will help you ...

Marc

Hi Frank,

Wow a huge number in fact !

Isn't it too many at one time ?

You should reduce the number of sceneries at one time (removing those you'll not use in your next flight)

There's some tools to do that.

Actually I've only 36 add-on areas in my manager...

Regarding the scenery order, there should be some troubles with that, if I understood your post.

What I've read and practice is that sceneries must be ordered in a specific way: you'll find whatever you need with google.

The lowest layer (at the bottom of the Scenery Library list) is the "Default Terrain" one.

Everything else get added on top of that, layer by layer, just like building a wedding cake.

When we start looking at the scenery manager (a specific one should be welcome but I'm sure you do have one with such a number of sceneries),

at the top you'll find the specific folders as AES and AFD.

Then you'll find in that order :

specific airport (Aerosoft MA, FSDT or FranceVFR local airport)

specific local area. (FVFR Flight Paris...)

Regional area (FVFR Flight Alpes Nord...)

Other area (NextMesh...)

Traffic add-on generally just before the propeller layer (MyTraffic...)

and then the base area...

Your problem should be something regarding that order but I'm surprised that you never had troubles before...

Hope this will help you ...

Marc

Marc,

I probably wasn't very clear in my post about scenery order in the config file. From the GENERAL section down to the Propeller Objects section, all entries are standard (default) FSX entries. Nothing has been changed there. The next few section in my files are MESH SCENERY, LANDCLASS, EXCLUDE FILES, STATIC OBJECT LIBRARY, and lastly the Addon Scenery entry - in that order. From this section downward (file entries, low to high numbers) the "Area.#" sections are alphabetized by country. There are a few exceptions within a scenery entry where one might have LC or WC entries, or the ORBX entries, where the sequence is slightly different.

The number of entries really does not matter. With the amount of RAM I use (12Gb), the 64-bit Windows7 OS, Intel i7-980 CPU, and an NVidia GTX 480 which has a lot of graphics memory, there are no issues with handling. Liquid cooling of both the CPU and GPU keep everything stable even with FSX loading.

As I said before, this is the first time I've had an issue with an Aerosoft package in terms of the display of scenery elements. I think what I'm going to do is uninstall the package and try again. This might solve the problem.

Thanks for your response.

Frank

Can't confirm that. I have 30fps locked on the system, and the worst I get out at Orly with - for example - the standard CRJ is 14fps - but most of the times I am at 20-30.

Settings are very dense scenery, very dense autogen, AI at 20% with My TrafficX 2010, Airport vehicles sparse. Water 2.0 low, clouds full.

I don't have CDG installed, though, but REX, GEX Europe and UTX Europe.

I thought it was pretty good on the framerates.I was running the airport, the new Aerosoft Bus. Rex, UT2 (and the airport had LOTS of traffic) and I have Mega CDG. The worst I saw taxiing around the aprons from the VC was just under 20. I was locked at 35.

Really great performances !

What kind of computer do you have (Processor, Graphic Card) ?

Is there any way to see your FSX.cfg ?

With Aerosoft Bus, Rex 2, Mytraffic and FsLive T 3 the best with medium settings is 12 FPS, so I do want to understand what's wrong with my FSX...

Really great performances !

What kind of computer do you have (Processor, Graphic Card) ?

Is there any way to see your FSX.cfg ?

With Aerosoft Bus, Rex 2, Mytraffic and FsLive T 3 the best with medium settings is 12 FPS, so I do want to understand what's wrong with my FSX...

Here's a c&p of my computer

Falcon Northwest. It's a Mach V machine with an i7 960 (overclocked by Falcon), a GTX 285, 12 gb of Crucial D3, Asetek Water cooling, 2 * Western Digital 1TB SATA IIs. The O/S sits on a 80gb Intel SSD and FSX on a Corsair 256 gb SSD. I'm running Windows 7.

Onn the .cfg I use FSXGO and varying configs. All of them have plenty of tweaks.

Hi there,

First of all, I guess, Frank is right about the house-keeping of the scenery library.

Secondly, to me, it seems logical that having a lot of add-ons in the neighbourhood of an airport (in this case LFPO and/or LFPG) together with FranceVFR Paris sceneries, will influence frame-rates negative. Having installed those FranceVFR sceneries and LFPG, I seriously doubt to install LFPO, after having read the posts in this thread.

But...since I already bought LFPO, I think, I still give it a try.

Henk

Hi there,

First of all, I guess, Frank is right about the house-keeping of the scenery library.

Secondly, to me, it seems logical that having a lot of add-ons in the neighbourhood of an airport (in this case LFPO and/or LFPG) together with FranceVFR Paris sceneries, will influence frame-rates negative. Having installed those FranceVFR sceneries and LFPG, I seriously doubt to install LFPO, after having read the posts in this thread.

But...since I already bought LFPO, I think, I still give it a try.

Henk

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled the package to no avail. Does anyone else have FSX running under Windows 7 64-bit - I doubt it but there might be something there.

Thanks

fb

Hi there,

As mentioned in my previous, I installed LFPO 15 minutes ago. After that, the first thing I did was run: AFX. AFX is a very useful program for looking for duplicate airport files (AF2_x.bgl, AF2_x.bgl, ADE_x.bgl and so on). I saw a couple of airport files for LFPO. Of course, those multiple airport files have an impact on framerates. So I renamed all airport-files in x.bak, except for the airport files, supplied with Aerosoft. Then I started FSX, and at LFPO, I got frame-rates from 20-25 (maxed at 40fps).

For those, not having AFX, I could give you the LFPO-airport files, that I found:

AF2_LFPO.bgl was found into the FlightParisBP_SC scenery, this was renamed by me.

obj_LFPO_x.bgl was found into the FlightParisBP_SC scenery, this was renamed by me.

AFX_LFPO.bgl was found in the JustFlight\TrafficX\Airportfiles scenery, this was renamed by me.

Without AFX installed, you could also make a search in your FSX program and search for _LFPO. Then all LFPO airport files will show up.

I hope, this will help you.

Henk

• Upvote 1

Hi,

In fact there is 2 posts regarding this performance problem with Orly as I was not sure that this was a bug :

The other post

Thanks for you answer Henk but In fact I did it :

I disabled all FranceVFR Sceneries, searched and renamed all LFPO files outside Mega Airport.

I disabled the Crossfire functionality with no real evolution.

I don't understand how people can get 20/30 fps on that scenery !

Or may be I don't understand why I don't get that !

Just a question what's your screen resolution ?

Are you working in full screen mode ?

Marc

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled the package to no avail. Does anyone else have FSX running under Windows 7 64-bit - I doubt it but there might be something there.

Thanks

fb

Hi Frank,

Yes I do have Windows 7 64 bits ultimate but not this problem.

I've just tried to rename all LFPO objects outside Mega Orly folder, did you tried that ?

Marc

Hi,

In fact there is 2 posts regarding this performance problem with Orly as I was not sure that this was a bug :

The other post

Thanks for you answer Henk but In fact I did it :

I disabled all FranceVFR Sceneries, searched and renamed all LFPO files outside Mega Airport.

I disabled the Crossfire functionality with no real evolution.

I don't understand how people can get 20/30 fps on that scenery !

Or may be I don't understand why I don't get that !

Just a question what's your screen resolution ?

Are you working in full screen mode ?

Marc

Hello Marc,

Since you have such a heavy rig, you certainly should be able to get framerates over 20 at the hottest spots of LFPO (and LFPG)!

My computer is a I7-920 oc'ed at 3.8GHz, I have a ATI5850 installed, and a second ATI4550 for a second monitor and the VRinsight CDUII, 12 GHz Corsair RAM, normal harddisks, so a much lighter system as yours. I run FSX at 1680x1050 in windowed mode, since this is necessary for the VR-insight hardware and TrackIR. I, also have lots of add-ons (488 entrie in my scenery library).

You really don't need to disactivate FranceVFR sceneries, only the conflicting airport files in the ParisBP, as I mentioned.

Question still is: why so bad on framerates. In my opinion, there must be other conflicting stuff installed (certainly not UTE, FS-Gloal2010). FSDT Geneva and Zurich give me the same framerates as LFPO and LFPG.

I guess, the only way to check something out is to desactivate all scenery library entries, run FSX, go to LFPO, and check for the framerates. Then you can re-acivate 10 or 20 library enties at the time and repeat the procedure, and hopefully you can find out, which add-on(s) cause the problem. It's very elaborious, but the only thing you can do, 'm afraid.

Success and report back.

Henk

Hello Marc,

Since you have such a heavy rig, you certainly should be able to get framerates over 20 at the hottest spots of LFPO (and LFPG)!

My computer is a I7-920 oc'ed at 3.8GHz, I have a ATI5850 installed, and a second ATI4550 for a second monitor and the VRinsight CDUII, 12 GHz Corsair RAM, normal harddisks, so a much lighter system as yours. I run FSX at 1680x1050 in windowed mode, since this is necessary for the VR-insight hardware and TrackIR. I, also have lots of add-ons (488 entrie in my scenery library).

You really don't need to disactivate FranceVFR sceneries, only the conflicting airport files in the ParisBP, as I mentioned.

Question still is: why so bad on framerates. In my opinion, there must be other conflicting stuff installed (certainly not UTE, FS-Gloal2010). FSDT Geneva and Zurich give me the same framerates as LFPO and LFPG.

I guess, the only way to check something out is to desactivate all scenery library entries, run FSX, go to LFPO, and check for the framerates. Then you can re-acivate 10 or 20 library enties at the time and repeat the procedure, and hopefully you can find out, which add-on(s) cause the problem. It's very elaborious, but the only thing you can do, 'm afraid.

Success and report back.

Henk

Update on my end. I uninstalled Orly and then, using my original download, reinstalled the package. This did not solve the problem. So, thinking that perhaps the original download had been corrupted, I uninstalled Orly and re-downloaded the package. Now, everytime I select Orly, FSX crashes.

Not wanting to single out the Orly package, I tried several other Aerosoft sceneries - Heathrow and CDG. Both of these packages worked fine - all buildings, jetways, and ground textures displayed correctly. I don't know what element on my system is keeping Orly from working properly, but I can tell you that this scenery has issues that are causing display and execution issues on my system.

fb