How to arm GroundSpoiler

Alberto (IT)

Hi,

I have a questions:

How to arm the autospoilers?

In real life, you have to put Spoilers levels at the end, and then he make a click, and the Autospoilers (or GroundSpoilers) are armed.

In AirbusX, When the level go at the end, he don't make a click. but If I press MAIUSC + ù he do it. Is this the only way to arm it?

Due to FSX being Boeing centric in terms of its simulation it means therefore that the throttles cannot be at idle when arming the spoilers. Move the throttles out of idle slightly and you should be able to arm the spoilers.

Due to FSX being Boeing centric in terms of its simulation it means therefore that the throttles cannot be at idle when arming the spoilers. Move the throttles out of idle slightly and you should be able to arm the spoilers.

How come on Wilco you can arm spoilers without throttles being out of idle? I really don't understand those reasons.. FSX limitations.. how many times I heard this those days. What I don't understand is there are a/c on the market which can do all those things which are supposed to be impossible due to FSX limitations.. so many problems users have are here discarded as FSX limitation.

So, the only way to arm spoilers is to do it during takeoff since every movement on throttles disarms spoilers.

Of course, I'm not an expert and may be completely wrong.

Press SHIFT+' (or whatever your key for spoilers is).

• Upvote 1

Just to possibly clarify a bit... I believe Aerosoft wished to keep the addon as close to FSX standards as possible. Other addons might be able to do things usually not possible in FSX by using code outside of FSX. Doing this might decrease performance of the addon or create extra problems on some systems.

Ok, I get it.. kinda. But don't use the "it's a FSX limitation" excuse than... I thought this term "FSX limitation" is used when something really can't be done and there's nothing anybody can do about it. It'd be the same, in my opinion, if they wouldn't implemend MCDU at all and say it's a limitation since the default birds don't have it.

It was a limitation of using the default spoilers system, they have changed it and fixed it now so a thank you would be more appropriate than taking the piss.

Thank you Aerosoft for fixing the spoilers.

It was a limitation of using the default spoilers system, they have changed it and fixed it now so a thank you would be more appropriate than taking the piss.

Thank you Aerosoft from me.

a thank you for being a beta tester for 37€ of a buged plane would also be nice...

• Upvote 1

Tell me one single aircraft that was released in the last 24 months that didn't need a service pack or hotfix.

ok let´s wait and see...

but if customers have to understand that patches and bugs take their time, developers have to understand that people get frustrated, specially if the supporters are very rare with their comments about some things in the last 3 days...

• Upvote 1

There's being frustrated and then there's being down right rude, its just not on, give them chance to find out what is causeing these issues. Do not forget many people aren't seeing some of these bugs so it makes it almost impossible to fix them if you cannot replicate them. Aerosoft have to be careful with these fixes as they could end up breaking the bus for the people who don't currently have a problem, like they seem to have done in this latest patch and intercepting the G/S.

There's being frustrated and then there's being down right rude, its just not on, give them chance to find out what is causeing these issues. Do not forget many people aren't seeing some of these bugs so it makes it almost impossible to fix them if you cannot replicate them. Aerosoft have to be careful with these fixes as they could end up breaking the bus for the people who don't currently have a problem, like they seem to have done in this latest patch and intercepting the G/S.

Thank you Aerosoft for fixing the spoilers.

Hello Andy,

Your input is much appreciated and I totally agree that people should "behave" so to say. The other side is that in your case the service pack works but for others it does not.

The spoiler issue is absolutely not solved in my case. It still disarms when throttles goes to idle. We are getting a lot of feedback from people who have everything working, which is great. But there are still a lot of cases in which it does not work. I am an example, all issues remain as they were in the V1.0.

Now I believe that I am doing something wrong, no doubt. Either in my way of uninstalling or my Saitek setup. I also believe that these are very hard issues to solve, since there are numerous combinations in setup, software and hardware, which makes it very hard.

Fact remains, that I (and others) have issues with the airbus which are a bit "frustrating" so to say. I am absolutely in love with this aircraft, it's stunning. I'm also very happy with the quick service packs. All I'm saying is that I can understand that some of us are a bit dissapointed / frustrated that we cannot fly the Airbus as we would like. Your statement is therefore a bit "harsh" and easy, because you have everything working and this threat is made by people where it does not work. We should behave us all though, totally agreed. Not ment offensive in any way, just something to take into account I think.

• Upvote 1