Paint Program Question

BER

Is it possible to use Paint Shop Pro, because I had some trouble using it. I got a message that there are layer compatibility problems, and

the layers looked a little wierd.

THX Sven

I´m using Photoshop too but two ideas:

First: there are too many layers for PSP in the paintkit (have heard about such an issue some time ago)

second: there are some fonts used you haven´t installed and they bring up this compatbilöity problem.

But I can just guess. Sorry :blush:

I use PaintShopPro 7 and this program has limitations . The worst is that there is a maximium of 100 layers can be seen by PSP 7 . Certain other functions are also not supported .

Solution , go to Corel's website and download the trial version ( 30 day ) of PSP X2 ( or newer version ) . You will still get a warning message - just ignore and open the files .

The layers at the top of the paintkit are for the alpha layer and if you first merge these layers and remenber to Save as .... ( merge all - Flatten - Save as bmp keeping the same name but add alpha at the end and after this use undo to bring back the layers ) and repeat this for each texture sheet in the paintkit , these can then be removed leaving only the layers needed for the aircraft itself . Removing all the layers labelled <layer set> will also help reduce the number of layers .

I still use PSP 7 for painting the Airbus X because it is easier to use but also have the full version of PSP X2 but haven't read the manual yet !

John

Thank's everybody for the help.

I have Version X3 but its not solved with that, but I try.

A pitty no PSP paintkit is available.

Sven

• 2 weeks later...