Home Cockpits & Airbus X

PVJEN1

Hi,

first off let me say what I awesome aicraft! Its not advanced but its not simple either.

I currently have a generic home cockpit with several screens.

Is it possible to get the screens out of VC and move them on other screens, and by screens I mean the PFD etc. Also for an FMC

Secondly I also own some opencockpit hardware and I was wondering if you guys have released offsets for the project or if its easy to program the flight functions into the hardware?

Lastly, I know you guys went without 2D Panels, but is it possible to find another say overhead panel and code it to work with the Airbus X functions?

Cheers

Philip

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi,

first off let me say what I awesome aicraft! Its not advanced but its not simple either.

I currently have a generic home cockpit with several screens.

Is it possible to get the screens out of VC and move them on other screens, and by screens I mean the PFD etc. Also for an FMC

Secondly I also own some opencockpit hardware and I was wondering if you guys have released offsets for the project or if its easy to program the flight functions into the hardware?

Lastly, I know you guys went without 2D Panels, but is it possible to find another say overhead panel and code it to work with the Airbus X functions?

Cheers

Philip

As this aircraft is really build on the VC it will never be easy. But every view can be made a separate window, just as with every FSX aircraft. See the image I attach.

big.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mathijs, I actually tried that for the MCDU to put it on my small tactile screen but the sim became sluggish and the FPS dropped (i guess because it's another 3d view...)

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased the Airbus X v1.2. I have a number of problems to figure out - which is half the fun with these simulations. My first problem to solve though is that I need to be able to see what is going on. I fly with three monitors. I'm used to the VC cockpit in front of me and other key panels, like the pedestal, FCU and MCDU on the other monitors. I have always been able to go to the instruments menu, undock the views I want and move them. If I do that here, I leave a blank screen on my main monitor. After looking at your example above, I used the New View drop down, undocked them, and moved them to the other panels. I was about to declare victory, and then discovered my primary panel with the VC cockpit would not "Virtual" any longer; it was locked tight. Instead, my MCDU was now my VC and would rotate around with my joystick hat button. So, is it possible to set this up as I want to. Any advice is appreciated.