low tank temp.

ertan

Well... Me too.

I'm very curious about it...

I was doing a long flight (Salt Lake City - Anchorage), only at 280 NM from Anchorage, FL360 and then I got this warning as well.

And it's gone when I was descending.

Same here after 4 hrs of flight cruise fl370 (master caution) L outer/innter TK LOW TEMP.

Tank temps are -43C -42C Right /-44C -45C Left

Anyway to fix that?

Dont know if that is a serious failure ,but i dont like to fly with a master caution light ON.

Regards

Edit.

It has something to do with less fuel quantity and TAT/SAT Outside temps below -25C TEMPS in high altitudes.

We need a Fuel Heat Switch or something like that :D

I just descent from FL370 (TAT -25C) to FL350 (TAT -13C) and all 4 tanks are going back to Normal Temps Level. :blink::wacko:.

Descending to warm altitudes is what you would have to do in the real thing so I'm not sure if there is a problem here, saying that though in real life dispatch would probably already know of the cold temps in advance and load a different grade of fuel that can deal with the lower temps without freezing.

Descending to warm altitudes is what you would have to do in the real thing so I'm not sure if there is a problem here, saying that though in real life dispatch would probably already know of the cold temps in advance and load a different grade of fuel that can deal with the lower temps without freezing.

Cold fuel is something of an occupational hazard with high-flying A/C. Besides descending to a lower altitude, I've read that increasing speed (increased friction on the wings=fuel tank warming to an extent). As mentioned above, dispatch would be aware of freeze points and a fuel with a lower freeze point can be ordered.

As an aside, a competitor's MD-11 models dropping fuel temps as well as engine failure if and when the temps fall too low and/or the wrong fuel was selected. I've also noticed that REX weather seems to report colder temps than ASE, so advance planning is really needed.