fsx crashes with nvidia gtx 480

haerts

Hallo all of you, I do not now this is the right forum for my problem because I am not used to put questions, bit I like to give it a try.

I use ms flightsim from fs 98 till now fsx with nvidia graphic cards and never had any problem till now.

A few weeks ago I set up a new system for fsx as follows, W7 64 bit Ultimate, Intel i7 960,cooling Corsair hp50, 12 gb ram, and different drives one for windows and one for fsx,and one for other programs, that day I used my old graphics card an Asus nVidia 260gtx with 1295 mb ddr 3 memory. Everything was allright and fsx worked fine as before. A few days later I read about the nVidia 480 gtx and so I replaced the 260 for the gtx 480 1.5gb DDR5 memory. I tried a bunch of different nVidia drivers already but nothing helps. The problem is fsx is running and after a while the window freezes or fsx is running fine, I change to map view, cancel the view and the cockpit view cannot be redrawn, or sometimes the window is redrawn but the plane is missing. When I use Xplane (I know it use Open GL),or World of Subways 1 or 2, or I use Railworks, (these programs reside on their own sepparate HD's); never any problem occurs. So I think it will be an msfs problem. By the way I always run the processor and graphics card with their factory specs never overclock, fsx in not tweaked and I do not use DX10 preview.

Is there someone with simmilar complaints, or is there someone who has a sollution.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Harry

• Upvote 1

Hello,

do you have installed the latest nVidia driver package? What kind of "error" you get?

Hallo,

I used first the supplied driver with the graphics card, then I used the auto updated nVidia driver, after I used the latest driver, I used also one or two specific drivers from the older 197 series by a tip of some fs guru on some forum I do not remember anymore. Before you ask - yes I always uninstall the driver before reinstalling another one. I never got an windows error on the screen, It is only like I stated before, fsx is running OK for a while some times 10 min or half an hour; as long I not pause save the flight try to return to the cockpit, or look the map view and try to return, sometimes the scenery is loaded complete but the cockpit is missing and the plane is missing in the outside view, or nothing is loading and fsx freezes. When I change the graphics card for the old gtx260 everything is ok again. But I like to use the €500 gtx480. Using windowded mode or full screen does not make any difference. Using one monitor or using two monitors with undocked windows makes also no differences

Anyway thanks for the reply, and sorry for the flaws in my spelling because my mother language is flemmish.

Greetings

Harry

Hello Harry,

i have also a GTX 480 in my computer and it works fine with the Airbus X. I use a beta driver from guru3d.com ( 259.32), which you find there in the download sectin.

Secondly, i have in my fsx directory a dll with the name "UIAutomationCore.dll". It should prevent CTD in general. I got this tip from a person, who was beta tester for the FSX version of Innsbruck Approach.

Bodo

You my friend have the UIAutomationCore32.DLL bug. Good news there is a fix.. which btw I'm surprised isn't already here considering how wide spread it is.

http://www.mediafire...omationCore.zip

grab that file.. Extract the file to your FSX directory, there is nothing to overwrite. Load up FSX and everything should be fine... except one thing your other windows programs will behave oddly when you right click on stuff... no worries it'll go back to normal as soon as you quit FSX.

Do not register this .DLL!! putting it in your directory is enough.

You my friend have the UIAutomationCore32.DLL bug. Good news there is a fix.. which btw I'm surprised isn't already here considering how wide spread it is.

http://www.mediafire...omationCore.zip

grab that file.. Extract the file to your FSX directory, there is nothing to overwrite. Load up FSX and everything should be fine... except one thing your other windows programs will behave oddly when you right click on stuff... no worries it'll go back to normal as soon as you quit FSX.

Do not register this .DLL!! putting it in your directory is enough.

Guys and gals, I am going to have to disappoint you all on this one. I have the exact same problem as described by Haerts. Before I did a fix with UIAtomationCore.dll I just had a random constant CTD with it's error. Now after I put that dll file in my FSX as well as replaced it in my system I have the exact same thing only without a CTD.... Flying for 10 - 15 minutes and as soon as you start clicking something in the menu which opens up some tab (fs map for example) the black screen of death appears and if you play around with it, it goes back to either loading half of the scenery back without a 3d model of an aircraft or just random graphic weirdness on the screen, but eventually nothing works after that (except that you can still hear all the action and all the sounds still works) and I have to do ALT+CTRL+DEL.... I can get a few screenshots next time it happens. Also I can still complete the full flight if I don't touch the menus at all or open anything on the screen.... Also sometimes (rerely) when I just start FSX , it crashes with ntll.dll or something of that sort. Buttom line, I can't wait for a new Simulator to come out !

My system is Intel i7 920 @ 3.2, 6 GB triple channel 1600Mhz mem, Nvidia GTX 295 video card, Asus Rampage II Gene motherboard running in Windows 7 64 bit

Open FSX.cfg and check it doesn't contain TWO video card references... this is quite common when card upgrades or driver updates are done.

If you have two entries, delete them BOTH, then simply restart the sim. You need only choose your resolution, filtering and AA settings, as required, and the that may solve the problem.

This however so far fixed my problem ......... Open your FSX.CFG file and add the following lines under [graphics] ....

It should look like this:

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647

Original fix here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/280688-graphics-corruption-in-fsx-update-possible-solution-found/page__st__175__p__1746100#entry1746100

<br />Open FSX.cfg and check it doesn't contain TWO video card references... this is quite common when card upgrades or driver updates are done.<br />

<br />

If you have two entries, delete them BOTH, then simply restart the sim. You need only choose your resolution, filtering and AA settings, as required, and the that may solve the problem.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Good point I saw this last week after changing video cards a while back in my own system was wondering why I still saw old info in config file.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk