Disappointed, not 100% realistic

Paul Hansen

I did the mistake of buying this aircraft without reading in detail about what they had modeled or not. They did say they would get Navigraph support, so I took that to mean SID/STARS as well.

After all, this is Aerosoft, and I did expect the usual Aerosoft quality. A functional FMC is pretty basic in todays add on airliners. As it sits, I will not  use this aircraft very often.

And next time I buy an Aerosoft product, I will read carefully before I buy. Before I have just seen "Aerosoft" and swiped my card. No regrets. Until now.

You can have a million waypoints between TOC and TOD if you want, so what is your point? but you can have only 5 before TOC and 5 after TOD, its not a problem for me, if you do your planning properly many of the waypoints can be removed anyway.

well, yes it´s really aimed for the beginner user to load a default flightplan and change it that way to make it fit for the airbus to do what it should. plus it´s perfect for online flying also. why use default flightplan then? you guys are really great, why can´t you just simply say we made mistakes instead of blaming the people who find them (and who payed money for it) and stop find excuses why something is not working like it should. you said it does not contain sid´s and stars before the release ok. but you said sid´s and stars can be added by entering waypoints manually. if i enter a sid or a star often there are more then 5 waypoints between tod or toc. since it was discussed a lot in the preview forum, wasn´t there a chance too see that problem before the release? just a stupid question. if you can fix it, it´s great but don´t get mad about people showing you what the bugs are

Well if someone want to programm a STAR/RNAV Transitionm maually, like I do, then you have many waypoints after an actuial TOD. Look at the NERDU transition for LOWW for example

You can still fly the STAR you will just have to judge the TOD manually. Like I said it's a bug and I hope they will fix this one. It doesn't stop you enjoying the aircraft though.

well, yes it´s really aimed for the beginner user to load a default flightplan and change it that way to make it fit for the airbus to do what it should. plus it´s perfect for online flying also. why use default flightplan then? you guys are really great, why can´t you just simply say we made mistakes instead of blaming the people who find them (and who payed money for it) and stop find excuses why something is not working like it should. you said it does not contain sid´s and stars before the release ok. but you said sid´s and stars can be added by entering waypoints manually. if i enter a sid or a star often there are more then 5 waypoints between tod or toc. since it was discussed a lot in the preview forum, wasn´t there a chance too see that problem before the release? just a stupid question. if you can fix it, it´s great but don´t get mad about people showing you what the bugs are

I'm a customer just like you so there is no point venting at me about it.

I'm a customer just like you so there is no point venting at me about it.

i´m sorry i just thought you have something to do with the development.

but for me i can´t enjoy an addon that simply does not what it should. and if you look at the forum there´s seem to be some more like me.

but for me i can´t enjoy an addon that simply does not what it should. and if you look at the forum there´s seem to be some more like me.

It does 'exactly what it says on the tin' with the exception of the bugs, which are being worked on! Hopefully an SP will be forthcoming to address them.

You can still fly the STAR you will just have to judge the TOD manually. Like I said it's a bug and I hope they will fix this one. It doesn't stop you enjoying the aircraft though.

well i did not say it sotps me enjoying the aircraft.... Still have some engine issues though

Hello Folks,

I see no point keep going on about the TOC and TOC as its stated in the known issues.

Flightplans with more then 5 waypoints before ToC or 5 waypoints after ToD could lead to problems.

Bit more complex, being looked at

When the fixes have all been done and it gets left out then yes shout your heads off but as I say, no point keep going on about known issues, just wastes everybodies time when they could be getting on with resolving the issues.

It was repeated ad-nauseum before release that the Airbus X did not feature SID and STARS, I don't know why people are complaining when they were told this would not be included! I imagine AS put the RWY annunciation in to show a more realistic looking PFD during take off. And on the subject of VNAV, this is from the product page...

Flight control unit (autopilot) features:

• Managed modes:
    • Auto throttle speed set according to altitude
    • LNAV Managed lateral mode, follows MCDU flight plan
    • VNAV Managed vertical mode: note that VNAV is simplified to be easier to use.
      • Sets both speed and climb behavior according to aircraft altitude
      • Starts descend automatically when reaching TOD

It was never stated by Aerosoft to be 100% realistic,... Now it still has its problems, but on the whole its not bad, and AS are working on Patches to improve the VNAV and the autothrottle issues.

Don't get me wrong, I love the "study sims" of PMDG etc (in fact I have most of their products) but this product was never marketed this way, it was always said to be for the casual simmer who wanted a bit more than the default models, but didn't want the complexity of a study sim. I find it good for when I don't have time to do a full preflight and run through all the proceedures, and want to quickly jump in and fly!

Well, then why in the world would Aerosoft design the FMC with the RWY in it, when you can't use it. It's like putting a keyhole in a door and not being able to unlock it.