FLX T.O.

Us Airways B757

Dear Aerosoft team,

I wasn't for sure if this issue was addressed or not, but for some reason no matter what I seem to do the engines to go to TOGA by themselves when using FLX on takeoff. I never touch the throttles as soon as FLX shows up on the gauges, I have even used the default and user programmed FLX temps--either seem to have no effect.

NORMAL SITUATION:

So on takeoff, everything is normal until about 100ft and then the aircraft surges in power. I have noticed that even when programming in the FLX temps, gauges read something like: FLX 96.5%

However, on the takeoff roll the aircraft performing at a derated percentage and then when I take to the air and it suddenly becomes a rocket.

I hope I have been helpful in my explanation.

Thanks a bunch,

Us 75

P.S. This happened before the 1.10a update and after.

Dear Aerosoft team,

I wasn't for sure if this issue was addressed or not, but for some reason no matter what I seem to do the engines to go to TOGA by themselves when using FLX on takeoff. I never touch the throttles as soon as FLX shows up on the gauges, I have even used the default and user programmed FLX temps--either seem to have no effect.

NORMAL SITUATION:

So on takeoff, everything is normal until about 100ft and then the aircraft surges in power. I have noticed that even when programming in the FLX temps, gauges read something like: FLX 96.5%

However, on the takeoff roll the aircraft performing at a derated percentage and then when I take to the air and it suddenly becomes a rocket.

I hope I have been helpful in my explanation.

Thanks a bunch,

Us 75

P.S. This happened before the 1.10a update and after.

I'm sorry, i wasn't able to fully understand what your problem was. Is the FLX N1 percentage too high set even with high temps. numbers dialed in the MCDU? Or is the given thrust alright but at 100 ft thrust changes to your so called "rocket situation"?

I'm a bit confused, because in my situation, the FLX temps. are alright but after take-off thrust is set somehow the A/THRST decreases slowly and i almost everytime need the whole RWY for takeoff, though i do never experienced this "rocket situation"

I'm sorry, i wasn't able to fully understand what your problem was. Is the FLX N1 percentage too high set even with high temps. numbers dialed in the MCDU? Or is the given thrust alright but at 100 ft thrust changes to your so called "rocket situation"?

I'm a bit confused, because in my situation, the FLX temps. are alright but after take-off thrust is set somehow the A/THRST decreases slowly and i almost everytime need the whole RWY for takeoff, though i do never experienced this "rocket situation"

I'm sorry. I am trying to say everything seems fine (I use about 40 degrees derate = about 85 N1) and it does seem to decrease slowly as you mentioned. However, soon as I am off the ground the aircraft seems to TOGA, but still indicates that it is at the FLX setting.

Yep same here with Ver1.11.

Take off with FLX the N1 is approx 10% less than it should be. Airbus is slow and can run out of runway. Once in the air for some reason it surges in the N1.

Unfortunately running out of runway is not good for a aircraft simulation so the bus will have to sit in the hanger till its fixed.

Darren

Hm, well, than i think there is a conflict between the thrust at take-off and the thrust-setting after rotation. So, i think we have two issues:

1. Derated take-offs "derate" themselves slowly about 10% after take-off thrust is applied. => too long take-off roll

2. After rotation a massive thrust increase (approx. TOGA N1% setting). => massive increase in speed

Looks like there might be a conflict somewhere... hopefully Aerosoft is aware of that and finds a way to solve it.

I think a work around is manage the speed in "selected mode" directly after rotation, so you have manual control and can prevent an overspeed.

Hm, well, than i think there is a conflict between the thrust at take-off and the thrust-setting after rotation. So, i think we have two issues:

1. Derated take-offs "derate" themselves slowly about 10% after take-off thrust is applied. => too long take-off roll

2. After rotation a massive thrust increase (approx. TOGA N1% setting). => massive increase in speed

Looks like there might be a conflict somewhere... hopefully Aerosoft is aware of that and finds a way to solve it.

I think a work around is manage the speed in "selected mode" directly after rotation, so you have manual control and can prevent an overspeed.

Hi all

Yesterday made a flight from lppr to eddf and had no thrust problems in takeoff climb and cruise

This is what i do

TOGA - ok no sky rocketing climb to assigned altitude and the bus never exceed 250 -+ 10 knots

After passing 10000 press speed knob again in managed speed and climbed to 24000 ft mantaining 300 kt and

finaly to FL340 cimbing at steady speed (300 kt ) and at cruise altitude press speed knob again in managed mode

and crusing at mach 078 with no problems

If you have FSUIPC (registered ) be shure to activate wind smothing and this way no more speed jumping around

Hope it helps

Thanks

Jorge Filipe

:rolleyes:

I just flew a bit and I realized that no matter what FLX temp I put in, the throttles retard to 85% and NEVER reach the FLX setting on the N1% gauges. Then when you lift off and the throttles TOGA, it is actually throttling up to your actual FLX setting.

-Us 75

I just flew a bit and I realized that no matter what FLX temp I put in, the throttles retard to 85% and NEVER reach the FLX setting on the N1% gauges. Then when you lift off and the throttles TOGA, it is actually throttling up to your actual FLX setting.

-Us 75

Same here. I hope Aerosoft fix this. Its a real show stopper for me. I know you can use TOGA to take off but i thought FLX is the way the bus is designed to be flown.

Darren

I have also had the exact same problem as US757 said. no matter what, take off is difficult because of dereated power at takeoff then its like a rockect when the aircraft hits the air. i also have had this problem before the v1.11 and still with v1.11 somebody help us.

When taking off in the real aircraft, you would have to cross check that the N1 has reached the N1 rating limit by 80Kts, as displayed on the upper ECAM in the top right hand corner...

Regardless of FLX or TOGA use...

Now, FLX should not be coming up with 95.6% or so, that is the MCT value, TOGA should be in general over 100% at or near MSL...

FLX, can be anything up to 25% below MAX THRUST RATING...

I would really like to see the following:

Setting a FLX temp on the PERF T.O. page, and then seeing the FADEC commanded N1 actually reflected in the engine N1s by 80Kts. Then seeing an increase up to 100%+ at TOGA if set, and then MCT setting (not the same as FLX once TOGA has been selected and then returned to the FLX/MCT gate). What I do not want to see is a derated FLX thrust N1 setting that bears no resemblance to the FADEC calculated value, and then a power surge to MCT on take off, with no surge when selecting TOGA...

Of course I understand how complex the Airbus is as an aircraft... as one of the "testers" of another unnamed product, I have had plenty of reading of the FCOM behind me...

I know it is not easy to programme something like this, but if you do it and it works as planned, then you will have achieved the status of Kings in the FS world...

I can only ask. At the moment it is difficult to enjoy the AirbusX, as very little of it resembles an Airbus other than the amazing exterior modelling and the appearance of the VC.

Am I flogging a dead horse? If so, I will move on and stick to my MD11X, awaiting the NGX, and having a look at what FSL may have up their sleeves...

Andrew

• Upvote 1