Autobrakes MAX

paskie

MAX is really the RTO setting for the Airbus I believe...

I have read in at least one FCOM (Reference: 3.03.16) that MAX is not recommended for landing... Short or contaminated runways require MED, and longer runways use LO...

Perhaps there is some logic that does not allow MAX braking for landing purposes...

Andrew

Yes MAX is intended for rejected take off, wheras MIN and MED are for landing.

Finn

...it should work though also in MAX upon landing, as far as I know... :rolleyes:

Anyway, not really important!

Cheers,

Jan

Max will work for landing, only for emergencies though. MED will have you eating glare-shield. About the only time I use the auto-brake is at recurrent training in the sim. Most guys/gals I fly with brake manually, its much smoother but the brakes are very touchy on the real airplane.

Max will work for landing, only for emergencies though. MED will have you eating glare-shield. About the only time I use the auto-brake is at recurrent training in the sim. Most guys/gals I fly with brake manually, its much smoother but the brakes are very touchy on the real airplane.

So, it looks, like I'm the exception. :rolleyes: I like autobrakes, though most of my collegues do use them regularly as well. One less item to care about. :rolleyes: Eastcoast runways are rather short, sometimes...

Cheers,

Jan

Stick to the settings MED for shorter fields and LO for everything else. Only use MAX on RTOs or if you are returning to the field heavy...

There is nothing wrong with using autobrakes, they are used a lot on commercial flights... check out some of the YouTube A320/1 landing videos, you can see the settings if you look at the gear down indicators carefully...

Andrew