I want to go faster!!

piol87

I just did a little test if Active Sky Evolution can get involved in this problem but the result is NO. At standard atmosphere settings or real weather, 5000kg of fuel on board, around 20 pax I was able to climb to FL340, but it took a very long time. After reaching FL340 I wasn't able to cruise faster than Mach .70 (TAS=GS=410 kts) with engines stuck at N1 95.xx %, everything in managed mode with thrust levers in CLB detend. This resulted in enormous fuel burn of 5100kg/h. In level flight.

I work as ATCo at ACC and see the climb performance of A320 on the radar almost every day from low altitude up to high flight levels, different companies, cost indexes etc. A320 is generally poor climber above FL280 when comparing it to B737-800. But I've never seen this poor performance. For A320 it is absolutely common to cruise at M.78 as almost everybody knows. So I hope that Aerosoft will fix this issue. For now I'm really sorry to say that this bird will stay in my virtual hangar on the ground. Everything else on this aircraft is stunning (visual, VC, sound) and definatelly this bus is raising the bar.

Bye

Just checked other discussion and I read that poor performance is bug related to FSX SP2 only users (also my case), so I'am happy this will be resolved in upcomming service pack. WooHoo!!!

You do understand that autothrust works in two modes, open (controlling thrust) and speed (controlling speed). Open mode can be either climb or idle thrust. Most of the time you are going to have a problem it is in open mode. If you are having problem with thrust doing something other than what you think it should you can try:

-turn off flight directors (if hand flying), this should cause autothrust to go to speed mode

-select vertical speed (if in open climb or descent), this will cause authothrust to go to speed mode

-select speed select (if managed speed), this will force the commanded speed to what you desire

Regards

D

Before I uninstalled this plane I ran a test flight for REX2 OD and I found that without FSPassengers running...i.e.the fuel/passenger weight it loads.....the 320 would climb happily at 280-300kts.

All my other add-ons are fine so there might be a conflict with weight and speed with add-on software.

No there is no problem with the Airbus, it uses AirbusConnect to automatically load the aircraft in the correct configuration for the quantities you added to the different compartments, this is to keep the CG within safe limits. This was spoken about in the huge announcement thread and its probably also in the manual too if anyone can be bothered to actually read it and learn something.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, most of the other planes (pmdg, wilco, airsimmer etc) will go to the limit, with this plane it's like flying an overloaded plane. I want to hear that roar when i push the throtle to the limit.

i cant climb to FL370 :(

• Aerosoft

my A320s wingview problems are solved but my A321s wingviews are still the same!!!

In the 1.20 update all these issues should be solved.

And just to be clear, adding loads of exclamation marks does not make the problem more clear, as you have seen in this forum we are highly responsive to reports. A bit of patience, a tad of common sense and a dash of polite behavior go a long way.