1.10a How to Install?

Bill S

Hi,

I see the 1.10a file in my Aersoft updates list....and I've downloaded 1.10a, but it appears not to be in an installer--but rather in "folders".

Since I had a ddl.xml error ("fixed manually", I think), is there an updated EXE installer? Is the version 1.00 of the installer exe actually new and different from earlier versions-it shows the same name and general version number.

Thanks--if you are planning an entirely new update, with full installer, I perhaps will wait. But am confused with the 1.10a update files/folders and lack of install directions.

Thanks...love the bird!

Bill

Hi,

I see the 1.10a file in my Aersoft updates list....and I've downloaded 1.10a, but it appears not to be in an installer--but rather in "folders".

Since I had a ddl.xml error ("fixed manually", I think), is there an updated EXE installer? Is the version 1.00 of the installer exe actually new and different from earlier versions-it shows the same name and general version number.

Thanks--if you are planning an entirely new update, with full installer, I perhaps will wait. But am confused with the 1.10a update files/folders and lack of install directions.

Thanks...love the bird!

Bill

If you want to do it manually, just extract them to a temp folder.

Unzipped you have 2 folders

1- Simobjects ---> airplanes ----> Airbus folders with in it the panel and aircraft cfg. Copy the contents by following the same path inside fsx.

2- Aerosoft ----> Airbus X----> product cgg and readme txt. If you return to your main FSX folder, you see the same path aerosoft ---> AirbusX copy paste it there.

Easier is to unzip it in main fsx folder (keep folder names checked)

• Aerosoft

I should have made it more clear, certainly if you are aiming at a less experienced kind of customer. I also should have made it more clear this update was not an 'official' big one.

• Download the patch
  • Open the zip in the unpacker product you prefer (we prefer 7zip as it is free and near perfect)
  • Now when you unzip the file you are looking for the main folder of FSX, that's the one where FSX.exe is in.
  • You want to unpack the zip to that folder, overwriting all existing files
  • If you do NOT get a warning about existing files it is almost 100% sure you are not unzipping to the right folder.