Airbus X update- how to install?

TomA320

Hi, probably a silly question, but how do I install the new update? I've downloaded it but not sure what to do now.

Thanks

Tom

if you keep foldernames, just extract to FSX mainfolder, or extract to a temp folder and copy paste the files.

And it is not a silly question :)

Hey there..... There are no silly questions out there, only people a little less experienced..........

Ok, so this is what you would do:

Download the update.

Unzip the package to a temporary folder of your choice

Open the chosen temporary folder and you will find 1 new folders named: AS_AIRBUS-X_110a_UPD

Inside it you will have 2 more folders: SimObjects and Aerosoft.

Basically now you want to copy the content of every sub-folder and paste it inside the respective folder in FSX, for example the content of the Aerosoft folder will go inside x:\FSX\Aerosoft and the content of SimObjects/Airplanes will go into x:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplane\xxxxx

Everytime you will paste something the system should ask you to overwrite (and you will say yes) so that you know you're doing just fine.

Hope this helps, if not just respond me back.......

Good luck

Will

• Aerosoft

Yes indeed and thank you William, I should have made it more clear, certainly if you are aiming at a less experienced kind of customer. I also should have made it more clear this update was not an 'official' big one.

• Download the patch
  • Open the zip in the unpacker product you prefer (we prefer 7zip as it is free and near perfect)
  • Now when you unzip the file you are looking for the main folder of FSX, that's the one where FSX.exe is in.
  • You want to unpack the zip to that folder, overwriting all existing files
  • If you do NOT get a warning about existing files it is almost 100% sure you are not unzipping to the right folder.