VC sound environment : is it normal ? ? ?

mason-dom

Sorry if this subject has been solved or is subject of developments.ph34r.gif

Maybe i am doing wrong but i stil hear big noisy air conditionner sound. What is it ? fuel pumps ? air conditioner ? any help?

this noisy sound cover all others sounds ; fans on take off, reverse thrust etc.

Some people are experiencing same pb.

I usually dont start cold and dark.

oh, i tried to isolate half of your sounds in Airbus X base \320 CFM but there it is again and again

I also have some good videos of airbus 320 and we do hear the fans during take off.

ohmy.gif help ! help ! any tip ?

mason

Ok i found out. The ASC_COOLING file in simobjects\airbus X ase\sound_ASC is much too loud for me.

and life in the cockpit become fastly insane.

So, as I don't know hot to shut down the cooling system, i reduce the sound volume of the file.

it's perfect !

Hourra to the fans sweet noise on take off... hourra on the reverses thrusters etc..

well its my trick . Dont do it if you are not sure ph34r.gif

Mason

Ps : I may have wait for SP1 for this update but nobody seemed to report this pb...

Absolutely, Bob I am sure of that.

What i mean, is that the volume might need a slight adjustement in order to hear

som others important sounds.

What about the pilot himself. What is he hearing when he wears its hearphones ? With such a volume of noise

he couldnot even hear the controler lol !!

Mason

Ok i found out.  The ASC_COOLING file in simobjects\airbus X ase\sound_ASC  is much too loud for me.

and life in the cockpit become fastly insane.

So, as I don't know hot to shut down the cooling system, i reduce the sound volume of the file.

it's perfect !

Hourra to the fans sweet noise on take off... hourra on the reverses thrusters etc..

well its my trick . Dont do it if you are not sure ph34r.gif

Mason

Ps : I may have wait for SP1 for this update but nobody seemed to report this pb...

Hey Pete

Simple, with some application like audacity, you can load the file and change directly the volume then copy back in the good folder.

But i am sure Winamp or any good sound recorder can do that easily.

I appreciate i am not the only one having this pb ;)

PS: i talked with a friend who was on the jump seat on a A-320. There is n't any noisy air cooling or maybe at some moments

before taxiing

Hey Pete

Simple, with some application like audacity, you can load the file and change directly the volume  then copy back in the good folder.

But i am sure Winamp or any good sound recorder can do that easily.

I appreciate i am not the only one having this pb ;)

PS: i talked with a friend who was on the jump seat on a A-320. There is n't any noisy air cooling or maybe at some moments

before taxiing

ATPL and MCL holders don't often wear full headphones, they have single earpiece headsets for ATCC... So you would get to hear these sounds. The A320 family is noisy up front. On the ground the cooling systems are so loud that you can hear little else. As far as I know, you "feel" the engine start as opposed to hear it... And once in the air, the sound of the air rushing past the nose just adds to the din, shutting down much of the other noise that may or may not be in the cockpit... :)

Andrew