Probe heat?

Legend

Descending to Vienna, I got an "ice detected" warning so I turned on wing and engine anti-ice. The "Window and probe anti-ice" button had a nice text "Auto" next to it so (initially) I didn't use it. However, a minute or so later the speed indicator suddenly indicated an airspeed of exactly zero knots* - and Alpha Floor protection kicked in.

Then I did turn on the "Window and probe anti-ice", the blue "ON" light came on, but even after a few minutes the airspeed indicator was still showing zero knots.

What should I have done different in this case?

* BTW - isn't this checked by the GPS in real life? That seems a bit strange to me IMHO)

I had a similar problem except I switched probe heat on immediately after getting the ice warning. The air speed indication dropped to zero shortly after and never recovered. The only time I have ever seen this before was in the Realair Duke and in that case it recovered shortly after.