FBW, custom or default? [solved and closed]

SamZ

Mathijs or anyone from the Aerosoft support/dev team, could we please get a clear answer on the fly-by-wire implementation in the Airbus X? Are you using a custom FBW system or the default FSX a321 FBW?

Thanks!

• Aerosoft

Mathijs or anyone from the Aerosoft support/dev team, could we please get a clear answer on the fly-by-wire implementation in the Airbus X? Are you using a custom FBW system or the default FSX a321 FBW?

Thanks!

It's a mix between the two. We sure do use a lot of the default FBW of FSX as that proved to be far better then we expected and more then suitable for a product as we intended this to be.

Thank you for the clarification, this explains all the 100ft/nosediving problems and non-functional rudder and trim in manual flight. Hope it can be fixed.

Thank you for the clarification, this explains all the 100ft/nosediving problems and non-functional rudder and trim in manual flight. Hope it can be fixed.

I wonder if it is possible to use Feelthere's fbw system? at least until Aerosoft figures out what to do.

-Todd

I noticed that the known issues thread has been updated, however the FBW problems were not added. Are you guys going to attempt to fix it or leave it "as is"?

-Todd

How can i turn of the FBW in the aircraft.cfg? Is it possible?

David

In the cfg there is a line which reads Fly_by_wire=1 Simply comment it out so it now reads //Fly_by_wire=1

What!!! The Aerosoft A320 does the same nose dive at 100ft like the default A320? You have got to be joking, that is disgraceful.

What is the point then of buying the AirbusX?

If I want complex systems I can fly PMDG 747/MD11 or LDS 767. The only reason I was going to buy the AirbusX was because I thought it would offer a realistic FBW experience, something that the default A320 does not offer.

So it turns out the Airbus X is using the standard FSX airbus FBW logic, I hope the reviewers make the major deficiency blatantly clear in their reviews.

Disappointed to say the least!

edit: I'll probably still buy it anyway :) But please fix the FBW!

Hi everybody, long time lurker, first time poster here.

I'm waiting for the boxed version of the Airbus X, so yesterday I fiddled around with the default Microsoft A321 to learn something about the default Fly-By-Wire of FSX.

The pitch-down on approach at 100 ft of the default Fly-By-Wire is caused by the FBW that hard-sets a value of Zero (0) for the elevator trim (FS variable) whenever ABOVE 100ft and the autopilot is OFF. This is nose-heavy for approach speeds, and while approaching, the FBW "pulls back the stick" while keeping (forcing) zero trim. Going below 100 ft, suddenly no more FBW pulls the stick back and the pilot is left with a too negative (nose-down) trim setting.

THIS CAN BE SOLVED by writing a more sensible value (for the default MS A321 around 6% positive) into the elevator trim variable *right* after the FBW flare mode is triggered at 100 ft (the forced zero-ing of the trim variable stops at that point). Since the FBW also hard-sets the simulators YAW DAMPER variable ON above 100 ft and OFF below 100 ft this moment can reliably be detected by some gauge code. (This also explains WHY the rudder behaves as it does.)

I have hacked up a gauge yesterday that does just that for the default MS A321, and it works quite nice. It also, as a bonus, produces a gradual, progressive pitch-down below 50 ft. (And it only runs if the relevant FBW computer is online and I'm really landing and not taking off.) Both functions are "tweakable" and so can probably be made to work with the Bus X. But I will not spew forth some dirty hacks at this point while Aerosoft is busy creating professionally developed service packs.

Looking forward to the Airbus X, as I am part of Aerosofts target audience. I actually have fun flying the default Bus and only use default ATC, so I guess I will have a blast with Aerosofts work of art.

It's an issue we are looking at, don't worry.

we hope that all because the product description says that "The Fly-By-Wire flight model is totally reliable and extremely close to the actual aircraft". That's is not the truth at this moment.

• Upvote 1