Electrical System seems a little bit strange

Alexander Wurz

External power does not function in FSX, there are variables but they simply do not work.

How could you say "External power does not function in FSX" ?

I have CaptainSim 757 and Ariane 737 and they Extarnal Power works.

This is completely an BUG .

• Upvote 3

How could you say "External power does not function in FSX" ?

I don't know if it works or not but I would not be surprised if it actually works because people have a lot of problems with Airbus X and more often than not the answer is "FSX limitations", "FSX bug", "pilots don't use SID/STARS",... yet other addons don't have these problems! Than they say "it's because we used the default FSX systems for better performance" or something like that... the default systems that are buggy!?! ...use those that work!... yet other addons don't have these problems! So, they are selling you the default buggy systems for a price of a decent payware addon.

Again, nothing wrong with using the default systems.. if they work properly!

In general I like Aerosoft products a lot! Even the Bus is not that bad but I was so turned off by the "explanations" they gave to the people here on these forums.

• Upvote 4

I don't know if it works or not but I would not be surprised if it actually works because people have a lot of problems with Airbus X and more often than not the answer is "FSX limitations", "FSX bug", "pilots don't use SID/STARS",... yet other addons don't have these problems! Than they say "it's because we used the default FSX systems for better performance" or something like that... the default systems that are buggy!?! ...use those that work!... yet other addons don't have these problems! So, they are selling you the default buggy systems for a price of a decent payware addon.

Again, nothing wrong with using the default systems.. if they work properly!

In general I like Aerosoft products a lot! Even the Bus is not that bad but I was so turned off by the "explanations" they gave to the people here on these forums.

lOl

• 3 weeks later...

lOl

I'm sorry....but this sim costs money!

I spend the money!

And i spent it because i heard/read that this should be the actual ultimative airbus sim in market.

I also spent money on addons like 737, 747, fokker100, to say only the best.

And they have working system.....that what i paid for, and what i, as a simulation!!! fan, look at!

Not ultra nice grafics....i want technic that works!

thats my conclusion to this!

regards

vienna

And i spent it because i heard/read that this should be the actual ultimative airbus sim in market.

I'd like to see where you read that because it was very wrong, you cant blame anyone else for yourself not reading the product description on the website when you purchased the product.

FSX does not know anything about external power.

You can make some programming around FSX to simulate this, but there is definitly no function inside FSX telling that external power exist.

We might look into maiking it function - no promise though - use the APU instead.

Finn

I'd like to see where you read that because it was very wrong, you cant blame anyone else for yourself not reading the product description on the website when you purchased the product.

Regarding the issue here with electrics:

...Ground Power Unit (versorgt das Flugzeug mit Strom)...

In general:

Der Airbus X ist eine sehr genaue Umsetzung des A320 und A321 für den FSX

Das voll funktionierende virtuelle Cockpit versetzt den Piloten in eine sehr realistische Umgebung

Eine sehr genaue Nutzung dieses Airbus ist von daher möglich und entspricht dem logischen und eingängigen Konzept der Airbus Flugzeug Familie

All quotes from the german product page of Aerosoft

http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11176&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation

Regards

Henry

They can do nothing, and blaming fsx is just stupid. They used XML to make these systems and that is a limiting system.

The user is given the impression of complexity where as the core systems are no better than the default A321 itself. Just a little more eye-candy.

• Upvote 3

They can do nothing, and blaming fsx is just stupid. They used XML to make these systems and that is a limiting system.

This was told serveral times in the preview forum before release.

We don´t blame FSX, but like You say: using XML limits what can be done !

The user is given the impression of complexity where as the core systems are no better than the default A321 itself. Just a little more eye-candy.

That was actually the goal of this project, also told serveral times in the preview forum...

To make an Airbus that in terms of complexity falls inbetween the default and the Wilco Airbus.

What this project is, and always was, about - is to fly from A to B in a nice and realistic looking cockpit, with most aircraft systems working like on the real (Hydraulic, Fuel, Electric, Bleedair etc.)Something that is more detailed than in the Wilco.

Where the Airbus X is lacking is in the MCDU and autopilot coding.

A flight from A to B can be done from Cold and dark, start the APU, start the engines, load a flightplan, take off, climb, cruise, descend, approach, land (auto or manual).

I think that this is possible at present.

Finn

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Well true. I also really like AS products. But in this case the handbook tells you that something works, which actually does not work. So this is a bug which should be fixed. What I somehow can't understand is that AS is selling this Airbus for 40€ with rudimentary systems, while PMDG sells a perfectly programmed Jetstream 41 for the same price (and where GPU works, which has multiple interior lighting options, a whole stand-alone direct-drive turboprop engine simulation and many other high fidelity things). But this only by the way.

Of course I didn't expect a complete Airbus simulation, but I at least can expect that the systems modeled do what they shoud.

• Upvote 1

Yesterday I experienced it also for the first time, I had to switch BUS TIE to OFF and then battery voltage increased at the normal value, it is manageable but a bit annoying indeed (at least it took me a few minutes before start to find the workaround for this unexpected problem).