Testing why the CTD's, and praise

travelbob

Hi all,

First off, my impressions in a nutshell. Absolutely amazing. VC is solid, the design amazing, and all of the little extras. GREAT purchase, and I feel like it was made for the kind of simmer I am. The FSX aircraft are too simple and unrealistic and some of the $70 offerings are not my cup of tea. I want to have the eye candy, with solid FPS, and good flight characteristics...and this Airbus fits the bill. Well done!

But, I wish I could fly for more than 10 minutes, without FSX crashing back to the desktop. I've been playing around with it, trying to figure out exactly WHEN the CTD occurs mostly, and it's random. But the VAST MAJORITY (70% or more!!!) of the time, my CTD's occur on takeoff...the second the wheels lift off the runway. 20% of the time it crashes in the freeflight menu, when I select the aircraft. And 10% during random times during flight. I know you guys know this exists, but I wanted to at least let you know when it's happening for me.

I've tried to load the c172 first, then switch to the airbus - and it still will CTD. I am running FSX on Windows 7, with plenty of memory and speed to suffice. I am also running UT2 and Ultimate Terrain.

Just wishing I could fly this baby without it crashing. : (

Again, great job - you really hit your target customer with this, IMO.

Bob

Hi all,

First off, my impressions in a nutshell. Absolutely amazing. VC is solid, the design amazing, and all of the little extras. GREAT purchase, and I feel like it was made for the kind of simmer I am. The FSX aircraft are too simple and unrealistic and some of the $70 offerings are not my cup of tea. I want to have the eye candy, with solid FPS, and good flight characteristics...and this Airbus fits the bill. Well done!

But, I wish I could fly for more than 10 minutes, without FSX crashing back to the desktop. I've been playing around with it, trying to figure out exactly WHEN the CTD occurs mostly, and it's random. But the VAST MAJORITY (70% or more!!!) of the time, my CTD's occur on takeoff...the second the wheels lift off the runway. 20% of the time it crashes in the freeflight menu, when I select the aircraft. And 10% during random times during flight. I know you guys know this exists, but I wanted to at least let you know when it's happening for me.

I've tried to load the c172 first, then switch to the airbus - and it still will CTD. I am running FSX on Windows 7, with plenty of memory and speed to suffice. I am also running UT2 and Ultimate Terrain.

Just wishing I could fly this baby without it crashing. : (

Again, great job - you really hit your target customer with this, IMO.

Bob

Bob,

Do you have the below entry in your FSX.CFG under the [graphics] section? If not, try adding it as it helps.

HIGHMEMFIX=1

Bob

Bob,

Do you have the below entry in your FSX.CFG under the [graphics] section? If not, try adding it as it helps.

HIGHMEMFIX=1

Bob

I do not have that line - I've added it and will give it a shot...thanks for passing this along!

Bob

I don't know if that fix will help for that issue, but it can't harm at all... good idea to mention it Bob ;)

Those CTD in FSX are a pain to debug... Remember the J41 and the crash on exit... It took them 6 months to solve but it was a shame they never explained the solution to the problem because it might help other dev's...

Interesting - after adding this line in my cfg file, I've not had one CTD while flying the Airbis. Keeping fingers crossed, and thanks for the tip.

I see another post about CTD's happening at the same time as mine, which is the second the plane lifts off the runway. Bizarre.

Thanks again,

Bob