Rudder inoperativ

PW2000

you can turn the FLT CLT off on the overhead panel and that will give you the rudder above 100ft off the ground and the elivators ailerons will also work faster above 100ft if you turn them all of see on this picture.

Thanks TF-197

If this is simulated in the AirbusX it might be worth a go for a manual approach and landing......the a320 can be FBW on the rest of the flight.

I will try it later and see.....all I really want to do is have the ability to crosswind land properly.....I can look up sids and stars and make a flight plan based on real-world weather so once I'm on approach and lined up to the correct RW I can disengage and fly it in manually.....

10 min later....OK I just tried it and you DO have full manual Rudder, Trim control with those systems off above 100ft. It did still dip slightly at 100ft but at least we have the ability to line her up now...

In the mean time I'll wait for a fix and use this work around for troublesome approaches.

That is absolutely no option. By shutting down the flight computers you also kill the FBW. If I wanted to fly a Boeing then I would simply do so. It makes no sense to fly an A320 like that just for the sake of flying it.

-Todd

Well thats you'r opinion if you want to go super duper extreme hardcore real flying this Bus and you don't want to do anything to change a little from the usual flying it then so be it, thats you'r way of flying, not necessarily everyones else's.

TF-197

In the mean time I'll wait for a fix and use this work around for troublesome approaches.

Well I don't think they'll change ( But I can't say anything about that as I'm not one of the team ) it because thats how the Airbus flies in real m8, sorry :S

TF, it is not even close to how a real airbus flies. It IS how the extremely broken default FSX a321 flies, absolutely no comparison to the real birds fly-by-wire systems.

• Upvote 3

I have the same problem, really unfortunate. I'm really getting depressed flying this plane, I understood the CDU limitations before I bought the product... but for $40 I was really hoping for something fun to fly and I'm just not having a fun time flying this aircraft. I too was under the impression that the FBW system was a seperate from the Microsoft version. I'm afraid this plane is going to the bone yard fast. I do agree the visual exterior is great and the cockpit looks good but I'm just gonna have to delete my airplane (accept $40 loss) and wait for someone else to produce a good Airbus.

I really think $40 is too much to be asking for this airplane. Aerosoft has a good reputation and I have alot of their products. I've been very loyal in holding out for this aircraft, but I feel like I've been taken on this product and my money has really went to waste. I'm really bummed out. I just downloaded the update and I all I got was 2 files with no auto install or no instructions in the readme file on how to install.

Franz

• Upvote 2

Well thats you'r opinion if you want to go super duper extreme hardcore real flying this Bus and you don't want to do anything to change a little from the usual flying it then so be it, thats you'r way of flying, not necessarily everyones else's.

TF-197

Lol, there is no way to get "super duper extreme hardcore"(Elegant choice of words) with this bus. That was never its intent. Even though its missing some systems I do however expect it to fly like an Airbus, I.E. full fbw. The fly by wire is a cornerstone trait of an Airbus; without the fbw it is simply a brokenbus. If you think this is how an Airbus should fly you'd do well read some articles on the subject.

-Todd

• Upvote 1

Lol, there is no way to get "super duper extreme hardcore"(Elegant choice of words) with this bus. That was never its intent. Even though its missing some systems I do however expect it to fly like an Airbus, I.E. full fbw. The fly by wire is a cornerstone trait of an Airbus; without the fbw it is simply a brokenbus. If you think this is how an Airbus should fly you'd do well read some articles on the subject.

-Todd

My god! I never said I fly like this with everything turned off I fly it like it does in real and I try n have it as real as I can you need to read my comment better m8. I know how airbus's fly, the Airbus X is a very good example of it and very relastic. I was just helping a guy with is Airbus n you just give me shit for it.

TF-197

Well I don't think they'll change ( But I can't say anything about that as I'm not one of the team ) it because thats how the Airbus flies in real m8, sorry :S

The above is what the last part of my post was commenting on. The first part is pretty self explainatory.

Here's something to help you out with future posts, as again you've used some choice words.

http://thesaurus.com/

-Todd

I have the same problem, really unfortunate. I'm really getting depressed flying this plane, I understood the CDU limitations before I bought the product... but for $40 I was really hoping for something fun to fly and I'm just not having a fun time flying this aircraft. I too was under the impression that the FBW system was a seperate from the Microsoft version. I'm afraid this plane is going to the bone yard fast. I do agree the visual exterior is great and the cockpit looks good but I'm just gonna have to delete my airplane (accept $40 loss) and wait for someone else to produce a good Airbus.

I really think $40 is too much to be asking for this airplane. Aerosoft has a good reputation and I have alot of their products. I've been very loyal in holding out for this aircraft, but I feel like I've been taken on this product and my money has really went to waste. I'm really bummed out. I just downloaded the update and I all I got was 2 files with no auto install or no instructions in the readme file on how to install.

+1

I haven't flown or purchased it yet but I see little point in paying $40 for the default FSX FBW implementation! Aerosoft why did you even bother?

The FBW is what makes an Airbus unique and yet the AirbusX is using the same buggy default FSX FBW implementation from 4 years ago. Couldn't you have tried a little harder in this respect?

At least mention on the website that the AirbusX is still using the default FSX FBW.

edit: I wonder how many fewer sales there would have been if the forums had known in advance of the default FSX FBW implementation?

+1

I haven't flown or purchased it yet but I see little point in paying $40 for the default FSX FBW implementation! Aerosoft why did you even bother?

The FBW is what makes an Airbus unique and yet the AirbusX is using the same buggy default FSX FBW implementation from 4 years ago. Couldn't you have tried a little harder in this respect?

At least mention on the website that the AirbusX is still using the default FSX FBW.

The FBW itself isn't that bad. Its the nose drop and lack of rudder control; both of which should be fixable. I just don't understand how those issues made it past the beta testers. I hope they are putting top priority on sorting it out.

-Todd

• Upvote 1

The FBW itself isn't that bad. Its the nose drop and lack of rudder control; both of which should be fixable. I just don't understand how those issues made it past the beta testers. I hope they are putting top priority on sorting it out.

Excellent! As soon as they fix the FBW I will purchase.

Well considering it hasn't been added to the know issues list, and threads questioning the FBW implementation are now being locked and marked "solved" I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Well considering it hasn't been added to the know issues list, and threads questioning the FBW implementation are now being locked and marked "solved" I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Really? That's very disappointing.... No money from me then, glad I didn't rush in and purchase when it was first released.

Franz

Totally agree with you Franz.

The problem with the Airbus X is that it isn't an airbus. It's certainly not a complex airbus (which wasn't aerosoft's intention) but then it isn't even a lite version of an airbus. There are just too many compromises and workarounds that one has to use to get this thing flying that the feeling of flying an airbus is completely lost. One or two problems I could live with but the with the FMC, Autopilot, flight model, rudder problems, autoland problems, takeoff config all not working like an airbus this plane is just not fun to fly.

I sure hope Aerosoft listen to what their customers expect from an airbus (even a lite version) and can sort this plane out.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just for balance in this thread, I've had no issues whatsoever with the dreaded nose drop others have experienced. The caveat is I've only landed at LOWW and EDDF so far. I've also done a pair of coupled approachs (2 for 2) to landing out of the tutorial flight at a perfectly reasonable 700-800 feet per minute at 136 knots selected. 700 fpm is the nominal rate of descent for 140 knots (or precisely, 716 fpm for a 3 degree GS at 135K ground speed) and an extra hundred for "bracketing" is well within ATP flight check standards. None of this is to in any way minimize problems others have had. I simply wanted to note that user issues seem to be spotted around the fleet.

With regard to the comment on catcing this during beta, I agree. With the randomness of users having problems, you'd think this would have surfaced sooner.

And like the rest of us, I hope this is patched soon. But even in it's present state, I consider it fun to fly and worth $40.