Saitek Mutli Panel and Airbus X

Jigedi

Hello,

I am using the Multi Panel from Saitek to control the autopilot functions, flaps, etc. with my FSX.

While doing my first flights now with the Airbus X from Aerosoft I found out that many functions do not work, such as IAS, ALT, CRS, etc. Auto Throttle can't alos be switched on and off.

Are there any plans to make this panel work with the new Airbus X?

Regards

Jigedi

• 2 weeks later...

I would like an offcial answer from Aerosoft on this. I think i remember a representative saying that they designed the Airbus to be compatible with excisiting, and the most used hardware.

Is the LUA scripct the ONLY way?

If so i have to go digging for that post. ;)

We have done our utmost to keep Airbus X compatible with hardware.

Problem with Hardware Autopilot panels are that they almost all reflect the Boeing or Bendix King style autopilots.

The Airbus autopilot works very differently, so to make a Boeing style autopilot work the airbus way is next to impossible.

Finn

Hello,

I am using the Multi Panel from Saitek to control the autopilot functions, flaps, etc. with my FSX.

While doing my first flights now with the Airbus X from Aerosoft I found out that many functions do not work, such as IAS, ALT, CRS, etc. Auto Throttle can't alos be switched on and off.

Are there any plans to make this panel work with the new Airbus X?

Regards

Jigedi

The problem is that the Saitek Multipanel was made to be compatiable with stock FSX aircraft only and is not compatiable with all complex addon aircraft(most it is not). It can not be configured via FSUIPC or with FSUIPC and LUA script. The Saitek Mulipanel is not configurable in any way. This is not a developer issue to solve. I'm sorry to say, but you should have done a bit of research prior to purchasing the hardware.

The problem is that the Saitek Multipanel was made to be compatiable with stock FSX aircraft only and is not compatiable with all complex addon aircraft(most it is not). It can not be configured via FSUIPC or with FSUIPC and LUA script. The Saitek Mulipanel is not configurable in any way. This is not a developer issue to solve. I'm sorry to say, but you should have done a bit of research prior to purchasing the hardware.

Hi, and thanks for the reply. Take a look here: http://fstools.weebly.com/

And about the research bit. I remember 1 dude asking for 2d panels for his hardware to work. Aerosoft responded that they could only support the most used hardware. I think Saiteks pro flight panels have a quite widespread use. And with SPAD my simple brain told me it would work. I have to look into the LUA-script.

I understand that its hard for the airbus to support the conventional type of AP. I dont know if your talking to me, but I did do my research before i purchased the hardware - I am very happy with it. If I have to work a little bit to get one plane working, hey, thats cool.

• Aerosoft

We really tried to use as much of the default functions as possible. Take for example the spoilers, they did work with the more simple hardware, but then we had problems because the default FSX spoilers are flawed. So in the end we had to remove the compatibilty with control hardware to get it functioning better. As said we really tried hard but in the end it still has to work.