Engine Startup / Engine Page

PW2000

Hello,

during manual Engine start Fuel Flow increases to about 4200 kg. That makes the engine to spool up to Take off Power and come back to idle very fast.

Thats completely unrealistic. Normally Fuel Flow starts at 25 % N2 rotation and has its maximum at about 500 kg.

Engine start with STRG + E works normal when you set Masterlever to RUN at 23 % N2 rotation.

I Hope you can fix it soon.

Second Mistake I found is, at Airplanes equipped with IAE V2500 A5 Engines the main engine Page on upper ECAM shows EPR-Value as the main operation parameter instead

of N1 at CFM powered Airplanes.

Thats a big mistake. Please correct it in the next update.

Best reagrds Markus.

• Upvote 2

Ok, so Aerosoft made everything correct, they told the cockpit is based on CFM Engines, but I don´t read that and expected an IAE Engine Page too.

Maybe there will be an update to fix it later on.

Markus.

i am sorry but the parameter at start up for a cfm engine is not correct at all

you never get a fuel flow which is going at 4000kg and the N1 never go at 99.9%

if this parameter appear , the crew will abort start up imediatly

i hope they will correct this problem, because you can not monitor correctly engine parameter

good day to all

Hi to all,

regarding engine: at ground idle (according the the real airbus FCOM CFM56 engine) paramteres should be (ISA ground level etc.) N1= 19-20% , N2= 56-58% FF=270-500 kg/h EGT=390-460° at takeoff full power being the specific fuel flow rate (about) 0,35 kg of fuel per kg of thrust and considering 27000 lbs of static thrust (12.250 kg) FF should be around 4200-4400 kg/h (depending i.e. of true airspeed etc.) next days I'm going to check for FF vs. weight, speed at various altitude during cruise and climb time...

Best Regards

Ciao

Andrea

• Aerosoft

i am sorry but the parameter at start up for a cfm engine is not correct at all

you never get a fuel flow which is going at 4000kg and the N1 never go at 99.9%

if this parameter appear , the crew will abort start up imediatly

i hope they will correct this problem, because you can not monitor correctly engine parameter

good day to all

Sorry, all the default engines of FSX spool up too much on startup. What helps a lot is to move your throttle fully up and down before starting, that prevents the system starting with full throttle even if the throttles are all the way down. As we did not do complete new engine models we have to work with what FSX has to offer.

Sorry, all the default engines of FSX spool up too much on startup. What helps a lot is to move your throttle fully up and down before starting, that prevents the system starting with full throttle even if the throttles are all the way down. As we did not do complete new engine models we have to work with what FSX has to offer.

i will try to do that , and will see if something change

thks a lot for your reply mathijs, nice support from you

good day , and see you soon

You are welcome. Do let us know okay?

hey again mathijs

so i try to put the throlle full up and then full down before start up , but nothing change

i still my engine going full power at start up and starnge parameter for idle

hope you will find a way to correct this..

schöne woche-end

bis bald und danke

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

hey again mathijs

so i try to put the throlle full up and then full down before start up , but nothing change

i still my engine going full power at start up and starnge parameter for idle

hope you will find a way to correct this..

schöne woche-end

bis bald und danke

There is not a lot to change on that as we use the standard FSXS logic for the engine starts. I do see a peak in N1 but surely not all the way up. Perhaps your throttle is spiking. If you have a registered FSUIPC you will find an option in there that filters those spikes out.

• 4 weeks later...

There is not a lot to change on that as we use the standard FSXS logic for the engine starts. I do see a peak in N1 but surely not all the way up. Perhaps your throttle is spiking. If you have a registered FSUIPC you will find an option in there that filters those spikes out.

hello again and sorry for my very late reply

i don t have a registered copy of FSUIPC, and with the V1.21 i still have the same problem at start up , full power on both engine and fuel flow arround 1T3 on each engine at idle power

some help on this point will be very appreciate

thanks a lot again

Fixing the high spool up is possible, but that would make the engines behave unrealistic when flying.

I guess it´s more important to have accurate engine behaviour in flight than the few seconds it takes to start the engines.

More custom made engines are possible, but these often have problems with realweather programs like Active Sky.

It´s all about give and take.

Finn

Fixing the high spool up is possible, but that would make the engines behave unrealistic when flying.

I guess it´s more important to have accurate engine behaviour in flight than the few seconds it takes to start the engines.

More custom made engines are possible, but these often have problems with realweather programs like Active Sky.

It´s all about give and take.

Finn

hy Finn and thks for your reply

i've to say that i'm not totally agree with you

i think accurate behaviour of engine parameter at start up is also very important

in reall life , it will show to the captain on duty the "health" of the engine and with such parameter at start up the captain have to abort engine start

I don t know well the XML code and I don t know if it's hard to correct, but i hope in the future to have an upgrade in engine parameter for start up

have a nice week end and thks again for your support

brgds

i think accurate behaviour of engine parameter at start up is also very important

in reall life , it will show to the captain on duty the "health" of the engine and with such parameter at start up the captain have to abort engine start

I'll rephrase what Finn said as you don't seem to have understood what he said. You can have engines that start properly but the engines will then also perform incorrectly at altitude due to the poor weather engine in FSX i.e. the engines suddenly loose power massively when the ambient temperate suddenly increases by 30 or 40 Celsius this then leads to you not being able to maintain enough speed and you eventually stall.

Or you can have it the way it is now and the engines spool incorrectly at start up but they do work efficiently at high altitude and they aren't effected by the broken weather engine in FSX. You also wont be effected by the S-turns bug that you see in PMDG and many other advanced third party add-ons which is caused again by the broken weather engine and its sudden 180 degree wind direction shifts in the upper flight levels which totally confuses the custom coded auto pilots in these aircraft.

I'll rephrase what Finn said as you don't seem to have understood what he said. You can have engines that start properly but the engines will then also perform incorrectly at altitude due to the poor weather engine in FSX i.e. the engines suddenly loose power massively when the ambient temperate suddenly increases by 30 or 40 Celsius this then leads to you not being able to maintain enough speed and you eventually stall.

Or you can have it the way it is now and the engines spool incorrectly at start up but they do work efficiently at high altitude and they aren't effected by the broken weather engine in FSX. You also wont be effected by the S-turns bug that you see in PMDG and many other advanced third party add-ons which is caused again by the broken weather engine and its sudden 180 degree wind direction shifts in the upper flight levels which totally confuses the custom coded auto pilots in these aircraft.

I ve to say that i don t understand neither your explanation regarding the poor weather engine and engine behaviour at start up....

I'll make it real easy then, Aerosoft isn't going to change it from the way it currently is now as the fix would create more problems than there are already.

ok , sad new. But i'm pretty sure they will find a way to correct this in the futur, thks for your comprehensive reply

have a good night

Hello,

I found a way to start the engines without the N1 and FF Peak, but its still not realistic.

1. Start APU and APU Bleed On

2. Switch the Engine Start Switch to IGN/START Position

3. Push the FSX Command to start the Engines STRG + E.

4. As soon as No.1 Engine N2 increases switch the Master Lever of Engine No.1 into running position. Than Engine starts normally.

5. As soon as No.2 Engine N2 increases switch the Master Lever of Engine No.2 into running position.

6. Switch back Engine start Switch to NORMAL and shut down the APU.

Try it, not very realistic but for me it works, and its even better than the N1 peak !

Markus

I hope the engine problem will be fixed for the advanced edition. In the "normal" edition it's permissible to do the engine startup like that. But in an advanced edition that would be an absolute no-go. PMDG and other companies may have the problems mentioned above, but you can tweak the settings of the weather engine and those problems almost all disapear / can be reduced.

By the way the PMDG MD11 engines are very realistic - on the ground AND in the air.

Yes but the plane still drops out of the sky when the TAT suddenly raises 40 degrees, I hope PMDG have solved this (and the S turns) in the new NGX or I won't be bothering with it.

Yes but the plane still drops out of the sky when the TAT suddenly raises 40 degrees, I hope PMDG have solved this (and the S turns) in the new NGX or I won't be bothering with it.

I know what you mean. I've experienced those problems as well now and then.

However I'm pretty sure that's a compatibility issue. The engines react realisticly to the environment. If you'd set an airplane at 35000 feet in real life with an OAT of +40°C (assuming) then you'd have the same issues. So who is wrong? Is it the guy who makes the engines work realisticly (PMDG) or is it the guy who is responsible for a SAT of XY°C hence the TAT is +40°C at FL350?! And I want to throw in another question: Is it the right decision to model the engines to be so unrealistic during startup just to overcome the above mentioned bug? That's not me to decide, but in my opinion that's a step in the wrong direction.

p.s. I'm just referring to the OAT problem. The autopilot problem is another topic

Well no one has managed to fix the massive OAT changes due to the very broken weather engine in FSX, even HiFi haven't managed it with ASE, OK you can almost fix it by using the global weather mode but that brings a whole host of other problems with it, like 120 knot winds and temperatures of minus 50 degrees at ground level, so PMDG and all the other developers need to bare this bug in mind well making new airliners.

Well no one has managed to fix the massive OAT changes due to the very broken weather engine in FSX, even HiFi haven't managed it with ASE, OK you can almost fix it by using the global weather mode but that brings a whole host of other problems with it, like 120 knot winds and temperatures of minus 50 degrees at ground level, so PMDG and all the other developers need to bare this bug in mind well making new airliners.

I hope they do!