Airbus X and high alt. airports.

online1972

Hi!

I made a round-trip from Spim to Cuzco and back with the 320 and I had a LOT of fun in my brand new X Bus. At cruise toward Cuzco I fumbled around with some switches and a compass popped down from the overhead. Amazing, the compass has a certified deviation table on the side as well. :o

When I turned toward rwy 28 the GPWS triggered and I ignored it as per the manual says. (It can happen on some approaches). On final I configured the bus with flap 3 and entered it in the FMS. The bus don´t love SOPs so I got repeated warnings of to low flap setting. Off course I ignored that to and landed with half the runway left.

For takeoff I used flap 1 + F and followed the ECAM checklist and armed the spoilers just before takeoff with a little bit of throttle and pressed the "to config". No blue, here we go! -Retard, retard, retard was the message I get on the long takeoff roll. I took off with a fair bit of runway left (28% fuel, half pax and cargo load) and when climbed through some clouds I get a pling "Ice detected" message on the ECAM (WOW)! And this is a light version from Aerosoft? :D

I love the concept and my wife and kids had a little bit less father to play with this weekend! And as per the forum quotes, no questions are stupid so here we go:

1. On the tutorial on pic 1 and 24 I can see the runway direction on the ND. I can´t see anything but (*) on my ND?

2. Can anyone explain when and how to use Config 3 for landing without warning?

3. The GPWS yellow light is unable to turn off after landing at high alt airports after being triggered? (It went off when I shutdown at Spim but was triggered before landing at Cuzco)

4. The retard message on takeoff is probably right because of something I missed, help needed here!

Regards

Patrik

1. On the tutorial on pic 1 and 24 I can see the runway direction on the ND. I can´t see anything but (*) on my ND?

2. Can anyone explain when and how to use Config 3 for landing without warning?

3. The GPWS yellow light is unable to turn off after landing at high alt airports after being triggered? (It went off when I shutdown at Spim but was triggered before landing at Cuzco)

4. The retard message on takeoff is probably right because of something I missed, help needed here!

1. You mean CRS 340 on the ND in picture 25? That's the course that should be added into the MCDU (on the NAVRAD pagem undernearth the ILS freq which you have to enter at the VOR1 entry). That step is missing from the tutorial it should be done at step 129) while it is mandatory! It's very important to enter the CRS otherwise autoland might not work well.

2. What warning...?

3. Don't know...

4. The best advice I can give is: try the complete tutorial again. And again. :D I also had all kinds of problems during my first two or three flights, but after getting to know everything I can now fly from cold and dark to cold and dark again without any problems. ;)

1. You mean CRS 340 on the ND in picture 25? That's the course that should be added into the MCDU (on the NAVRAD pagem undernearth the ILS freq which you have to enter at the VOR1 entry). That step is missing from the tutorial it should be done at step 129) while it is mandatory! It's very important to enter the CRS otherwise autoland might not work well.

2. What warning...?

3. Don't know...

4. The best advice I can give is: try the complete tutorial again. And again. :D I also had all kinds of problems during my first two or three flights, but after getting to know everything I can now fly from cold and dark to cold and dark again without any problems. ;)

Thank you for your fast reply!

1. No, I mean pic 24 on page 28 as shown in the attached pic.

2. If select flap 3 landing a voice tell you "to low flaps" the same goes for another payware bus I just tested!

I love the bus and I actually fly with whatever system Aerosoft fit it with but I want to understand the possibilities/limits of the systems! :)

post-5325-128371449371_thumb.png

1. No, I mean pic 24 on page 28 as shown in the attached pic.

I love the bus and I actually fly with whatever system Aerosoft fit it with but I want to understand the possibilities/limits of the systems! smile.gif

I agree!

I'm falling in love with this bird the longer I fly it. With the hotfix being out, which solves some annoying (but small smile.gif ) issues, the tweaks for refresh rates on the display's, I can't wait to give it another try!

But I am also curious about the runway showing up in the ND. In the tutoriol you can see this in your picture attached, and also on page 4 part 1.1.2.

Untill now I was quite wel able to find correct headings etc. but with a runway showing up, it's just a bit easierwink.gif .

I was not able to find options in the MCDU for selecting runway, so I assume this is not possible.

Any information on this?

William

We did not include the selection of runways in the MCDU as we wanted to stay with the default FSX flight plans who do not support them.

Thanks Mathijs, no problem! I have to read the charts well, and I will be finebiggrin.gif