Lost my Landing Lights

Bill S

Hi,

I had the ddl.xml install error, and manually re-configured so the GPS/Mod would work.

All appears well now, except that I cannot get my landing lights any longer. Switches move, but no lights. FSX settings for lights is OK, other aircraft display external lights.

Any help would be great. Would prefer not to uninstall-reinstall. May wait for 1.1 version....but was curious if there might be some interactions between lights and ddl file...

Thanks

Bill

In the day time the landing/taxi lights will have zero effect on lighting the runway ahead of you. Also in an external view the same is true, you can hardly see the actual lights on the body of the aircraft either, the effect is very subtle indeed.

To highlight what I mean about subtle lighting here are a couple of screenshots, one has all the lights on and the other has all the lights off. I'll let you decide which is which :lol:

lightsoff.jpglightson.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

To highlight what I mean about subtle lighting here are a couple of screenshots, one has all the lights on and the other has all the lights off. I'll let you decide which is which :lol:

lightsoff.jpglightson.jpg

Andy,

I too am experiencing the same problem. I am going to try changing my lighting in REX which I know can have an adverse effect on some aircraft, will do so when I get back home.

Hello Andy, the effect is very subtle indeed, a bit too subtle unfortunately.

Lighting the runway is one thing but the external landing and taxi lights should be bright enough to see from miles away.

Not sure what the philosophy is here but I am tempted to add the Shockwave lights just to get that intense effect we should see.

Great bird but please slap some lighting on her! ;)

Thanks

Dave

Me i have a white marks and the ground due to the new light effect by aerosoft because i don't have this issue on the others airplanes!!

1284317503.JPG

i don't know how to resolve this issue....:mad:

Hi,

I too have noticed the small "white marks" in the windscreen...which only occurs when on the taxiway or runway.....odd stuff.

Version 1.10 fixed my "loss of lights"......but I do have this "white mark" issue still...

B

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I too have noticed the small "white marks" in the windscreen...which only occurs when on the taxiway or runway.....odd stuff.

Version 1.10 fixed my "loss of lights"......but I do have this "white mark" issue still...

B

Are you using DX10 mode? Just a thought on the way to troubleshooting.

I've found that to be the cause of many odd runway artifacts on custom airports. I can't tell if the one you're using here is an add-on , although I suspect it is because you're showing runway "07" (Euro style) instead of just runway "7" (US style) and therefore FSX default.

OK this is getting silly!

Here is a screenshot of the AS Airbus X on the runway with landing lights and nose lights in TO config...

airbus1.jpg

Below is a competitor's Airbus...

airbus2.jpg

The landing lights are clearly visible on the competitor's, so why can't the AS bus's look like that?

In all other respects the AS is a stunning model, so something is clearly wrong. :lol:

Best,

David

• Aerosoft

We are using a completely different lighting system that is less perfect when you are looking in external view but far superior as seen from the VC. And as in this whole project we feel the view from the left seat is all that matters. See below how our lights work and then compare that with other airliner addons. I am sure you will see that our system, even with it's limitations is far superior.

The issue with the small artifacts shown during daylight is solved in the 1.20 version that will be available in a few days.

LandingLights.jpg

NoseTakeoff.jpg