JetBlue A320

bburkley87

I believe I share the sentiment of many when I say we need a repaint of JetBlue Airways! A great American carrier with myriads of interesting destinations. Wish I was a skilled painter and I would have had this one down pronto.

Here's a classic example:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/JetBlue-Airways/Airbus-A320-232/1767532/L/

And here's a cool new livery:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/JetBlue-Airways/Airbus-A320-232/1738825/L/

Thanks for your consideration,

Brandon

I believe I share the sentiment of many when I say we need a repaint of JetBlue Airways! A great American carrier with myriads of interesting destinations. Wish I was a skilled painter and I would have had this one down pronto.

Here's a classic example:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/JetBlue-Airways/Airbus-A320-232/1767532/L/

And here's a cool new livery:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/JetBlue-Airways/Airbus-A320-232/1738825/L/

Thanks for your consideration,

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Going to give the jetBlue a go.

Hi,

Have been working on the repaint. It is not an easy paintkit to work with I am afraid although I have made progress with the tail. You see the rudder is seperated from the vertical stabailiser and must be "cut" and moved over so the two sections will align when the aircraft is "assembled" in FSX.

It is really too bad that no one has come up with a real time rendering tool with which the paint can be viewed in FSX, there is a great deal of going back and forth when trying to get the sections to align.

I will have a look and see if I still have FS Repaint as I think the free version is useable in the fashion that I described above... anyone know of another program that functions in the same way?

I am off on Monday and I hope to have it ready for upload then.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi,

Have been working on the repaint. It is not an easy paintkit to work with I am afraid although I have made progress with the tail. You see the rudder is seperated from the vertical stabailiser and must be "cut" and moved over so the two sections will align when the aircraft is "assembled" in FSX.

It is really too bad that no one has come up with a real time rendering tool with which the paint can be viewed in FSX, there is a great deal of going back and forth when trying to get the sections to align.

I will have a look and see if I still have FS Repaint as I think the free version is useable in the fashion that I described above... anyone know of another program that functions in the same way?

I am off on Monday and I hope to have it ready for upload then.

Thanks,

Robert

FS Repaint v2 is the best tool to preview, that gives you an option to see the aircraft without loading fsx every time i use this to preview my Paint of the Aribus X.

And i Agree the Tailsection is a little Dificulty to paint

Regards

Progress report:

Working out a few things, adjustments and the like, kinda wish that I had made a layout master before painting the aircraft. I am used to other paintkits that have the entire aircraft on one sheet but I understand why Aerosoft did it this way.

I have tried to paint the winglets but have not been successful as of yet.

I am going to work on it Monday and hopefully have it completed by late afternoon.

post-6961-070851300 1284360673_thumb.jpg

I had trouble painting the winglets at first but I found a way by selecting the winglet layer and then go to Blending Options and then Colour Overlay and change the colour to whatever colour you want the winglets to be and click ok and they should then be painted. That is if you are using Photoshop. Looking good so far, the tail looks great n not easy to paint!! ;)

I had trouble painting the winglets at first but I found a way by selecting the winglet layer and then go to Blending Options and then Colour Overlay and change the colour to whatever colour you want the winglets to be and click ok and they should then be painted. That is if you are using Photoshop. Looking good so far, the tail looks great n not easy to paint!! ;)

Thnaks for the tip scarebus, wingtips now contain the color.

Nice! But the tail seems a little bit blurry. Also it looks a little bit differend to the real thing: http://www.airliners...4d67fc136916320 , at least if it is the one you are making...

N615JB is the one I am painting. Have adjusted layer on the tail to multiply and have reworked the artwork a little. Great looking bird that you painted btw, tail is the hardest to paint next to aligning fuse colors from all the sections.

Am afraid the bird will not be ready for upload today, sorry. Have to go to work tonight then I'll work on it a little more on Tuesday... have to work that night as well.

hang in there;)

Thnaks for the tip scarebus, wingtips now contain the color.

N615JB is the one I am painting. Have adjusted layer on the tail to multiply and have reworked the artwork a little. Great looking bird that you painted btw, tail is the hardest to paint next to aligning fuse colors from all the sections.

Am afraid the bird will not be ready for upload today, sorry. Have to go to work tonight then I'll work on it a little more on Tuesday... have to work that night as well.

hang in there;)

Thank you! :D The paintkit isn't really easy. I've also got some trouble with it.

If you take the UNWRAP layers from the NOSE , MID AFT and TAIL section an place them in a new texture sheet , alignment is no longer a problem .John

Hi John,

What a great idea! Never thought to take the UNWRAP and use those in a master, it took a little time but I will get working on finishing the paint ASAP.

Thanks again for your help.

Thank you! :D The paintkit isn't really easy. I've also got some trouble with it.

JoeyL, your paint looks superb, very nice work.

All the best,

Robert