PLEASE FMS to the Airbus X

Royce

Then you enter the new ILS frequency in the NAV/RAD page.... and Enter the wapoints into the flight plan. If you think this will take too long, then try a flightplanner such as this http://www.aivlasoft...ucts/index.html that will enter a revised flightplan directly into the FMGS in seconds...... (with load to GarminGPS, enabled in EFB options)

As yankeesji has just said, a little research goes a long way......usually find soultions

Can I change the plan into the Airbus X FMGS?? with this program in flight or... it export information/route to the FMGS?

• Upvote 1

I'm done here Raul...I feel like I'm arguing with my dog or something. I hope you have a nice day.

If you really done here... definitely go and not go around giving fewer points on the topic ...

• Upvote 3

yes, in-flight and there is no need to load the flightplan again through the FSX menu....

so i start my FSX...

Pick up Airbus X

Load the route in EFB

and it loads automatically to the FMGS?

• Upvote 2

Please stop with the insults...yankeesji and many others of us have tried where we/they can, to help other users that may not have as much knowledge or expereince. Thus maybe take away some the burden of simple questions/answers away form the DEV/Support team. You will find people here are willing to help if you are willing to help yourself.

In answer to your question - yes

• Upvote 3

You could just use VASFMC if you want to see the whole SID/STAR that much?

You don't need VASFMC to fly the plane, but just so you know when to make a turn and such.

Hi everyone, just joined this Forum. Having read the product page - systems - it states use Navigraph database but your product is not listed in the Navigraph FMS page as are other developers products, so where does data come from. I would have thought that a competant company as Aerosoft would have gone the full hog and installed the necessary FMS program in full maybe to the deletion of something less important. Gigabyte.

Hi everyone, just joined this Forum. Having read the product page - systems - it states use Navigraph database but your product is not listed in the Navigraph FMS page as are other developers products, so where does data come from. I would have thought that a competant company as Aerosoft would have gone the full hog and installed the necessary FMS program in full maybe to the deletion of something less important. Gigabyte.

Aerosoft has stated very clearly in the accompanying documentation where to find the Navigraph updates...please read them.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Take a look at page 01-07-4 in the manual, last topic on the page (Navigraph and Navigraph Updates). It's the "Cheyenne/Fokker/Mustang/Super 80 Professional one." Perhaps, since AibusX is about a week old, Navigraph hasn't added this to the list...

• Aerosoft

I just tried to fly the approach that started this topic and I had no problems flying it. Just take the approach chart, set the bus in selected mode and fly as the chart tells you to do. Smooth intercept to ILS and a fine autoland. It's not a complex procedure at all. Just look at it.

inndy.jpg

Besides it is JUST when winds and runways change at the last moment that pilots often don't have the time to enter a new STAR in the MCDU and just fly it by the chart. You should be ready at ANY moment to take over the automatic procedure. Isn't that what the fun is about? Isn't that what makes us like FSX flying online?

If you want answers to questions on flying the Airbus in this sim than get Mike Ray's book 'Sim-Flying the Airbus A300 Series Flight Simulation' or his other on for the Airbus 'The Unoffical Airbus A320 Series Simulator and Checkride Procedures Manual'.Those two books will help a lot.

JeffG

No, I can just spend a few minutes and program it correctly. You can get any chart you need online for FREE. You posted #792 of the same topic and whine because you really don't know how to program anything and think it's Aerosoft's problem. As it's been said all over this forum, real world hardy ever uses a STAR and you should know what your SID is before you take off. Here's an idea for you. Go to liveatc.net and sit there and listen until you actually here ATC tell a pilot to fly a STAR for his approach. You'll be there a long time. Do some research, actually learn how the real world fly's and enjoy FSX for what it actually is. rolleyes.gif

I am sorry, but as an active Air Traffic Controller I cannot let this one go by.

I would estimate that 90% of IFR transport category movements that can fly a STAR do so.

For example here in CYYZ we have RNAV STARs. examples are the YOUTH2, WTRLO2, MANS1 etc. Almost all of our inbound traffic files the STAR and will follow the RNAV legs pretty much onto the downwind leg where the Arrival guys will turn them base and final to fit into the sequence.

Similarly we see departing traffic to the US will almost always file a STAR, this is part of the clearance issued by clearance delivery at the point of departure and does not need to be reiterated by the controller down the line because the airplane already has it from its ATC clearance. Everything I see on a daily basis going to a major US airport has a STAR filed, the WYNDE arrival into KORD, SHAFF and HELON into KEWR, IGN into KJFK, FLCON into KATL, SPICA into KDTW, GDM into KBOS, NOBBI into KLGA and on and on.

Aircraft will follow the STAR almost until they are into downwind for the most part until tactical vectoring becomes necessary. STARs allow pilots and controllers to know what to expect and makes airspace utlisation much better. Also because of the significant sectorisation of airspace around busy airports it is often needed to ensure the aircraft miss certain sectors laterally or vertically.

I was a controller in the United Kingdom previously too and almost everything inbound to airports in the London TMA (where I worked) was on a STAR. STARs in the UK are slightly different as they terminate at the holding fix rather than follow transitions almost to final as they often do in North America.

SIDs and STARs are an utterly essential means of managing airspace and traffic for Air Traffic Control and without them the job would be almost impossible in busy airspace.

I'm not going to comment one way or the other about the functionality in the Airbus product, but I simply had to respond to the suggestion that in the real World nobody flies SIDs or STARs, because the complete opposite is the case.

• Upvote 14

There is more to the UK than London my friend, just like there is more to the world than the US/Canada, you can only speak of your experiences unless you are omnipresent too. :D

• Upvote 2

Umm yes OK I Guess, but I see and have seen from 13 years of operational experience, flightplans going to places that are not London or the US/Canada. For example flights to Santiago, Sao Paolo, Buenos Aries, Mexico City, Punta Cana, Cancun, Rome, Edinburgh, Manchester, Glasgow, Bristol, Frankfurt, Paris, Munich, Athens etc etc which all get filed with the STAR arrival. In addition to working the London TMA (which covers airfields as far out as Birmingham, East Midlands, Bournemouth, Southampton etc) I have also visited ATC units in various countries (Including Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Brisbane, New York, Cleveland, Edinburgh, Manchester, Newcastle to name a few) and have seen how operations work at those places.

If you don't want to believe that then fair enough, I'm just posting information, can't be bothered getting into pointless forum arguments with people who apparently know better.

Information is here do with it as you please.

• Upvote 8

I am sorry, but as an active Air Traffic Controller I cannot let this one go by.

I would estimate that 90% of IFR transport category movements that can fly a STAR do so.

For example here in CYYZ we have RNAV STARs. examples are the YOUTH2, WTRLO2, MANS1 etc. Almost all of our inbound traffic files the STAR and will follow the RNAV legs pretty much onto the downwind leg where the Arrival guys will turn them base and final to fit into the sequence.

Similarly we see departing traffic to the US will almost always file a STAR, this is part of the clearance issued by clearance delivery at the point of departure and does not need to be reiterated by the controller down the line because the airplane already has it from its ATC clearance. Everything I see on a daily basis going to a major US airport has a STAR filed, the WYNDE arrival into KORD, SHAFF and HELON into KEWR, IGN into KJFK, FLCON into KATL, SPICA into KDTW, GDM into KBOS, NOBBI into KLGA and on and on.

Aircraft will follow the STAR almost until they are into downwind for the most part until tactical vectoring becomes necessary. STARs allow pilots and controllers to know what to expect and makes airspace utlisation much better. Also because of the significant sectorisation of airspace around busy airports it is often needed to ensure the aircraft miss certain sectors laterally or vertically.

I was a controller in the United Kingdom previously too and almost everything inbound to airports in the London TMA (where I worked) was on a STAR. STARs in the UK are slightly different as they terminate at the holding fix rather than follow transitions almost to final as they often do in North America.

SIDs and STARs are an utterly essential means of managing airspace and traffic for Air Traffic Control and without them the job would be almost impossible in busy airspace.

I'm not going to comment one way or the other about the functionality in the Airbus product, but I simply had to respond to the suggestion that in the real World nobody flies SIDs or STARs, because the complete opposite is the case.

Our course they file the STAR silly, doesn't mean they fly it. Congrats on being a controller in the UK, I have always been fasinated with ATC. I don't recal ever saying nobody fly's SIDs or STARs ever, I think you just wanted to puff your chest out about being a controller sometime ago. :lol:

• Upvote 1

OK I get it, come in here with information from the real world and get attacked.

Got it.

I have no desire to chest puff, this is an online forum, my life simply isn't that shallow.

For the record this is what you said:

"Go to liveatc.net and sit there and listen until you actually here ATC tell a pilot to fly a STAR for his approach. You'll be there a long time. Do some research, actually learn how the real world fly's"

I stated that controllers do not have to tell the pilot to fly the STAR approach because it is already part of the clearance. Example the aircraft will get his clearance from delivery "Cleared to Newark via BULGE V252 GEE SHAFF6, squawk 1234" etc.

At no point does it have to be re-iterated, but just because the pilot is not given it again does not mean that it is not flown.

Into busy airspace the arrival will almost always be flown up to around the downwind leg. The arrival is required almost all the time to ensure specific restrictions are met.

You rather harshly told someone to learn how the real world operates and stated "real world hardy ever uses a STAR" yet I'm sorry to say you were not even close to right on that one.

You know what though I give up here, I see how this goes.

Enjoy your Airbuses everyone.

• Upvote 10

ATCO...Sorry if I offended you. That was not my intention, maybe I was just reacting to your post.

What I meant was that you could still use the Airbus without the beloved STAR because 99% of the time when I'm listening to ATC (in America), they vector to final.

No hard feelings on my end...I'm sorry.

• Upvote 2

No offence taken, my skin's way thicker than that. I don't seek to make any comment on the product, its functionality or lack thereof and yes you are right its perfectly possible to manually enter the waypoints on a procedure, my concern was correcting the impression that these procedures were hardly ever used in real life.

Take an example arrival into CYYZ. The STAR begins at Buffalo on the YOUTH2, the aircraft will be given descent to cross LINNG at 10,000 and 250kts. Then after handoff to Arrival will be descended to 8,000 then will turn at VERKO, futther descent usually in steps to 6,000 a speed reduction to 210kts then descent to 4,000. The aircraft is making its way on the arrival to SETLO then it will be given a speed of 190 and its first vector to base a 330 heading or so. This is when the aircraft comes off the arrival for tactical ILS sequencing. Then it gets a 030 heading and clearance to join the 06L localiser. Even though there are vectors to final the aircraft has been on the arrival since Buffalo. When necessary of course we will take the aircraft off the arrival for vectors.

No hard feelings at all.

• Upvote 9

It was only an idea...

Yankeeij ... i think that i create a big discussion here the last week... im sorry

But you have to calm down sometimes...

"calm down"

You created nothing. You are ONE of 50 saying the same thing. You can go whine elsewhere sometimes or create your own Airbus. Cheers buddy.

• Upvote 1

"calm down"

You created nothing. You are ONE of 50 saying the same thing. You can go whine elsewhere sometimes or create your own Airbus. Cheers buddy.

Man I said sorry... you understand English bro so once again calm down..

:blink:

Im ONE of 50 saying the same thing... oh man... 9 of 10 users say the same.

Count how many users have the airbus X? see? The quantity is so large.

• Upvote 2