GPWS Call-outs?

kurty

Hello i checked GPWS Sound files and found radio alt callouts are from 400 to 10. And these sounds are in really bad quality u can hear engine sound from the back ground.. I have a good quality gpws sounds from 1000 to 10 if you want in please pm me :)/ Sorry for my english.

Altitude callouts are among those items that is Airline specific.

The friendly airline that helped us during developement only had calls from 400 and down.

Easy to implement more, but some like them go from 1000 other will have them from 2500 - we can´t please everyone -sorry.

Finn

True, you hear different callouts in cockpits from different airlines...

So Air Berlin only uses 400 down? Interesting piece of information... I see they don't have the 5 callout either...

Either way, RETARD comes too early. RETARD should be at 20'RA and not above. I have read in places that autoland's RETARD call is at 10'RA, but I have not been able to confirm this so far (could also be a "customer modification")

Please edit the GPWS to call RETARD at 20'RA and one more of my pet groans with AirbusX will have been dealt with.

I was a little surprised by the audio quality of the callouts too, I expected better to be honest. Of course, my opinion, but the other sounds are really very good, and there is an imbalance in my mind...

Thanks. Bug squashing is a hard task. I am sure many do not realise how much effort is required to iron some of these little creatures out. The autobrake is behaving better now, as is ground spoiler arming and function...

Andrew

• Upvote 1

Ok so it seems that the aircraft won't use those callouts as they haven't been implemented. I was hoping that the calls from 1000 down would be read if the names were in there. Not so? Can Aerosoft add this to their todo list please? I gave up on Level D with their 'tough titties' approach to adding features, I hope Aerosoft are listening.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Altitude callouts are among those items that is Airline specific.

The friendly airline that helped us during developement only had calls from 400 and down.

Easy to implement more, but some like them go from 1000 other will have them from 2500 - we can´t please everyone -sorry.

Finn

Hello Finn can you help us out in implementing these call outs, i tried to paste the new ones in the ASC base folder but they don`t trigger at the altitude

i also modified the ASC folder by adding the call outs manually, PLZ any hel p will be great.

100 above comes when 100 above the decision height, and is definitely an airline option...

400 300 200 100 50 40 30 20 RETARD RETARD (until the thrust levers are actually moved into idle detent)... 10 5(maybe, but again an airline option...)

I know it has been mentioned before, but RETARD comes at 20' RA...

Would be nice to see GPWS additional calls, like 1000 maybe in an advanced systems package...

Andrew

Anyone know of a third party GPWS callout utility that does Airbus voices? I looked at FDC live cockpit but I think that only handles Boeing's GPWS. I miss the the callouts in this plane, all my other addons do this and add to the overall experience when flying into an aiport.

Thanks

Anyone know of a third party GPWS callout utility that does Airbus voices? I looked at FDC live cockpit but I think that only handles Boeing's GPWS. I miss the the callouts in this plane, all my other addons do this and add to the overall experience when flying into an aiport.

Thanks

The ones I posted earlier are taken from the actual simulator digital voice. Can't get any close than that.

Regards

D

Cheers to CRM320!

I'll be checking those out when V1.20 is out... However, is there not a version with different voices, deeper? I find two different sets on YouTube... yours and the deeper ones...

Andrew

Guys, I am not sure to understand what you are talking about when you mention, New set and Old set? The Zip file I posted contains actual Digital callouts from the full motion simulator. I only included the ones Airbus X have included in their program. Unfortunately this airbus set only call for retard, 5, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 1000, 2000. What are you actually looking for?

Regards

D

Guys, I am not sure to understand what you are talking about when you mention, New set and Old set? The Zip file I posted contains actual Digital callouts from the full motion simulator. I only included the ones Airbus X have included in their program. Unfortunately this airbus set only call for retard, 5, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 1000, 2000. What are you actually looking for?

Regards

D

There are two generations of A320: The old generation with CRT-panels (EIS1) and the new generation with TFT-panels (EIS2).

Your GPWS-sound is of the "old" generation:

The aerosoft-GPWS-sound is of the "new" generation:

Timo

Practically you do have options for all system callout on the 320 setup. I think it is 2 digital voice and 2 human voice. (I am not the right person to give you specifics on that but I could find out), so theoretically you could have a digital voice option on a new setup. This is customer specific. Airbus do not impose on options, only will recommend. I for one prefer a digital voice, I guess I got accustomed by only hearing a digital voice in recurrent training, again this is pure preference on what people want and feel good about with their Airbus X.

Regards

D