Liveries that have already been made

John Glanville

I was under the iompression that this thread was more to announce the release of liveries rather then requesting them , as the thread in the " not yet released " section already has most airlines mentioned .

For the benefit of others here is a selection of my rendition of several Airbus liveries . Aerosoift has mentioned ( in the past ) that an installer will be made available so that people downloading these liveries will not have " problems " installing into the correct folders ( engine types ) .

From what I understand paints will be released according to area's but rest assured ALL paints will be available in the near future .

Someone recently " requested " that the painters ( re ) posted all of their screenshots in one post . As I cannot post for any of the other painters , here are mine , 30 in total .

screenshotsk.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So for whoever it was , enjoy .

John

An Austrian A321 and the Austrian Retro Bird (A320) are finished, the Lufthansa Retro Bird needs some more work. But next weekend I´m thinking of doing at least one other paint. No idea which one. let´s see.

Here is most of what I have done so far. The frontiers need some more work, the rest will come over the next weeks.

Patience, my friends.....

You do very nice work, waiting with great anticipation for your Asian Birds to land !!

Air Berlin looks very forlorn sitting at Changi but what-to-do lah ;-)

download Tiger; that is based in Singapore!!

Did that already !!! It was just my sly way of taking a dig at Aerosoft for not including a House Livery for all us unwashed that don't reside / fly Europe to tide us over until the magnificent works by you and others here - arrive - Thanks again ..

your very grateful and PATIENT admirer.

Ever considered an AEROSOFT livery? I know other Devs do this to flaunt their wares (PMDG cough)

• Upvote 1

Been trying all afternoon to log on to the site but the site is constantly crashing . After about 30 attempts I am giving up . Just cannot upload anything - when the page eventually refrreshes all information is gone and have to start again .

John

This will be my last post here in this thread , all paints are uploaded .

For the benefit of others ; a link to all of my paints : http://www.forum.aer...loads&mid=29473

It has been an exhausting week preparing these paints , seeing as no one wanted to wait for any paints and no installer was provided for us to use ( would have saved a lot of work ) .

Feedback / comments have been sparse at best and there is now no point , as there will not be any updates ( from me ) .

All the best ,

John

John thank you. Hope to see you around if there's a A330/340 version !!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way are you doing paints for other aircrafts from PMDG or other ?

Greg

John,

Thanks for the great repaints.I especially liked the "michelan(sic) aviators"signage on the delta livery. Nice touch and it looks really cool while taxiing! Reminds me of formula one racing cars with the tyre company's name plastered all over their fat tyres.:D

Alex C

I have just checked my paints and discovered that the first paints that I uploaded ( yesterday ) , still contained the " old " texture sheet from an early Beta . All paints uploaded today do not have this ( the " MICHELAN spelling mistake " . To correct : download one of my paints uploaded today and copy the BAREMETAL:GLOSS.dds into the respective folder ( there is a difference between the CFM and IAE versions ) .

John

For the benefit of others ; a link to all of my paints : http://www.forum.aer...loads&mid=29473

It has been an exhausting week preparing these paints , seeing as no one wanted to wait for any paints and no installer was provided for us to use ( would have saved a lot of work ) .

Feedback / comments have been sparse at best and there is now no point , as there will not be any updates ( from me ) .

All the best ,

John

Hoi John,

Sad to hear that you don't feel appreciated. I for one love the paints you made. No feedback from me - other then compliments - was because they were perfect.

But in the end this should be fun, it is a hobby, and if that's gone, there is no point in continuing. Nevertheless, thanks a lot for the awesome paints.

What about those uploaded on Sep 06? Are they ok?

There is nothing " wrong " with any of the paints , it was just a spelling mistake made in the original " Beta " paintkit . Later versions did not even contain the tyre markings but I kept them in .

As I said above ; To correct : download one of my paints uploaded today ( 09-09-2010 ) and copy the BAREMETAL:GLOSS.dds into the respective folder ( there is a difference between the CFM and IAE versions ) .

To be more precise : the A320 and A321 CFM BAREMETALGLOSS.dds are the same and that means that you can use it for both . It wont work in the IAE version . The same applies to the IAE version wont work in the CFM version , that is all .

John

Hoi John,

Sad to hear that you don't feel appreciated. I for one love the paints you made. No feedback from me - other then compliments - was because they were perfect.

But in the end this should be fun, it is a hobby, and if that's gone, there is no point in continuing. Nevertheless, thanks a lot for the awesome paints.

It wasn't appreciation I was looking for , working on this project since January appreciation is one thing we recieved little of , so I was used to that . My problem was that after the Airbus X was released , one day later someone ( and he knows who he is ) found it nonsense that there were so few repaints available . I had already stated why we hadn't released anything as we were waiting to hear from Aerosoft ( we still are ) . Add to this the site being unstable for a couple of days and having to prepare more than 30 paints for uploading , it was a frustrating week . Between JanKees and myself we have uploaded more than 70 repaints and we still recieve PM's asking us to do more .

If people are not satisfied with that amount of choice there is something wrong with them . You can only fly one plane at a time and that is more than us , because we were only painting the Airbus we couldn't even fly with the Beta version that we have .

John

It wasn't appreciation I was looking for , working on this project since January appreciation is one thing we recieved little of , so I was used to that . My problem was that after the Airbus X was released , one day later someone ( and he knows who he is ) found it nonsense that there were so few repaints available . I had already stated why we hadn't released anything as we were waiting to hear from Aerosoft ( we still are ) . Add to this the site being unstable for a couple of days and having to prepare more than 30 paints for uploading , it was a frustrating week . Between JanKees and myself we have uploaded more than 70 repaints and we still recieve PM's asking us to do more .

If people are not satisfied with that amount of choice there is something wrong with them . You can only fly one plane at a time and that is more than us , because we were only painting the Airbus we couldn't even fly with the Beta version that we have .

John

You clearly have problems with the way things went. You're even bitter about it. The problem is, you take it out on everyone, when you obviously have some sort of issue with aerosoft for not letting you have the endproduct and members that are very demanding.

I can understand that, but why would you ignore all the positive feedback you got up till now? You don't even comment on compliments given, or a simple thank you for the kind words that are written down here.

You did make fantastic repaints. It must have been a lot of work and I admire you for finding the time to upload them and make them availlable. For what it's worth. Thank you.

S. Stedman

All the best ,

John

This was my post simply stating that after all the problems with the site and after 9 months of work all of my paints had been uploaded to the Aerosoft site . Yes , there were issues and as stated feedback and or comments were few and far between . Even when I was preparing the paints for upload one individual sent me a PM asking if I would sens two repaints directly to him because he needed to fly tourists from A to B and couldn't ( or wouldn't ) wait until I had finished uploading .

I have been painting for a few years ( look on AVSIM - 10 pages ) and have hardly ever had a reaction / reply , nor did I expect one . Any " compliments " were placed here after I had posted what is above .

If you conclude it is because I am bitter then you are wrong , and nobody has lost out on anything as all paints have been uploaded . There are also a couple of WORKS IN PROGRESS which will be uploaded when finished and not before , it's as simple as that .

John

This was my post simply stating that after all the problems with the site and after 9 months of work all of my paints had been uploaded to the Aerosoft site . Yes , there were issues and as stated feedback and or comments were few and far between . Even when I was preparing the paints for upload one individual sent me a PM asking if I would sens two repaints directly to him because he needed to fly tourists from A to B and couldn't ( or wouldn't ) wait until I had finished uploading .

I have been painting for a few years ( look on AVSIM - 10 pages ) and have hardly ever had a reaction / reply , nor did I expect one . Any " compliments " were placed here after I had posted what is above .

If you conclude it is because I am bitter then you are wrong , and nobody has lost out on anything as all paints have been uploaded . There are also a couple of WORKS IN PROGRESS which will be uploaded when finished and not before , it's as simple as that .

John

John,

... The tourist PM was a joke (sorry you did not take it like that..). I and other have always congratulated you over the last month when you introduce a new livery on the forum so I don't understand why you react that way...

Greg