F16 touch and go problem

outrun74

Hi,

I am practising touch and go's in the Aerosoft f16 but having an intermittent problem.

When the wheels touch down, I close the speedbrake again and go back to full power.

As soon as I hit 150 knots I try to rotate but am unable to, its as if the elevators are locked?

When I check the external view, the control surfaces do not appear to be moving...

They will suddenly be released (when its too late and I end up climbing at a high angle of attack and going into an uncontrollable stall!)

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Outrun74

Could be a couple of things:

- what configuration type F-16 are you flying? The ones with pylon tanks and bombs will take longer to rotate, not at 150 but more at 190-200 knots.

- with a hard landing it can happen the plane doesn't crash but that the elevators stop working (because they hit the ground during landing). I don't think that's a realistic characteristic but that's the way this plane was made.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I am flying the one with the tiger on the tail, it has some items but not fully loaded.

The second explanation sounds more likely, I think it only happens on a heavy landing so I will do some more testing!

it seems as though it was me being a bit heavy on the landings that sometimes causes this!

I could not understand why the elevators were always getting stuck!

Happy circuits!

Thanks!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Most common problem I see with folks in the F-16 is just that...hard landing (tail strike) resulting from to high of angle of attack on landing. You need to really nail your speed down otherwise if you get to slow...tail strike!