Autopilot Issue Summary from my test flights

patrickrizzo

Greetings!

Please note the following issues with this product - these need urgent fixing.

1. Departure: Spoiler can be armed when trottles not in idle position, but are unarmed when returning to idle.
  2. Climb: Low power thrust problem (previously reported in forum)
  3. Cruise: Low speed, Mach 0.71 whereas M0.8 is common, possibly associated to unadjustable Cost Index (default setting 80 cannot be changed)?
  4. Descent: Descent planning could be eased by allowing altitute targets for upcoming waypoints - even in an unrealistic sim, this feature is basic for autopiloting the aircraft
  5. Approach: Strange behavior of aircraft during approach observed, with localizer responding, but aircraft violently pitching upward when capturing glideslope, trim unadjustable even when disabling autopilot, manual landings always messy with inadvertent premature touchdowns - aircraft remains uncontrollable during final, autolanding with flare was not functional in my test flights
  6. Landing: Previously reported downward pitching issue confirmed, no autobrakes upon touchdown and reverse thrust engaged
Overall, the aircraft appears very nice - the focus on design however doesn't outweigh even the most basic handling requirements of the aircraft. At its current (unfinished) state, the aircraft should be sent to maintenance. Looking forward to flying this bird once its flight characteristics become more manageable.

Best regards

Patrick Rizzo

flugsimulation.com

Staff Reviewer

• Aerosoft

Patrick most of these issue are worked on (some already fixed) but we'll not change the VNAV for descent, it's just beyond the scope of this project.

The autobrakes seems related to flaps. To avoid autobrake being disabled on taxi (before take-off) they are linked to flaps and if flaps are retracted directly after landing there is a misconfiguration. That why flaps are only fully retracted AFTER the aircraft left the runway. We are implementing something however that will make it work even when flaps are retracted.

Your issue no5 is a bit surprising as we just don't see this unless there are some configurations that are not as they should. I just experimented on that for some other reason and made 4 smooth intercepts of the ILS. I have also not seen this by other users.

Hello,

The autobrakes seems related to flaps. To avoid autobrake being disabled on taxi (before take-off) they are linked to flaps and if flaps are retracted directly after landing there is a misconfiguration. That why flaps are only fully retracted AFTER the aircraft left the runway. We are implementing something however that will make it work even when flaps are retracted.

I have not retracted flaps until after leaving the runway. The autobrakes won't work. Try them on a second landing if they worked for you at first. Maybe it's a problem related to continuous operation, e.g. that the system's code is not designed to handle multiple use in a row.

Your issue no5 is a bit surprising as we just don't see this unless there are some configurations that are not as they should. I just experimented on that for some other reason and made 4 smooth intercepts of the ILS. I have also not seen this by other users.

Try the approach to Vienna Schwechat (LOWW), ILS for RW 11. This is where the upward pitching occurred. It's also been the first time this happened to me.

Let me know.

Best regards

Patrick Rizzo

flugsimulation.com

Staff Reviewer

• Aerosoft

Hey Patric,

Finn just told me he has changed the code for the autobrakes and it should prevent the issues (even though we're not able to recreate them), should be up soon. I'll see if I can get close to Schwechat, one of my favorite airports.

Hello

I'm cruising at fl320 from lfmn to egll with a320 and also experience some flight dynamics issues. First i cannot cruise faster than .695 while mantaing fl320 and engines running at n1 95.4 . Climbing to higher levels is almost immposible. My GW is currently 51170. Autopilot is set to managed mode. Another problem at this situation is extremly high fuel consuption. It is more than 5000 kg/h which means I have to load much higher amount of fuel as proposed by airbus connect.

Maybe one cause can be Active Sky Evolution, beacause ISA deviation according to lower ecam is +11 degrees of celsius. I will make some flight without ASE and at "fair weather" preset and will see if there will be any change.

Brgds Ivan