Too many problems...

buspelle

Sad to say this, the AirbusX is the most delicate model ever made, visualy both inside and outside... But!

Reading the topics here at the forum, (and my own flying excperience with the Bus) it seems there are a bit too many issues, problems and bugs in the BusX... Maybe a week more or two before she was released would have solved that, I dont know...?

I undretstand that developing a product like this takes tons of effort, time and skill, So I dont mean to "harm" or criticise anyone at Aerosoft. Not at all! (The guys at Aerosoft has done a fantastic job!) I just hope for a SP1 comming very soon, fixing bugs like the nosewheel turning, sluggish approach, flight dynamics etc. and other problems/bugs.

Once again The BusX is an outstanding product! Worth every cent!

...Even though the bugs and problems are bit too many...

Best Regards

Per S.

I've completed a couple of flights with no show stoppers - to me that is success. yes there will be patches, that's standard for FS addons, but as it stands it is a good product.

• Aerosoft

Sad to say this, the AirbusX is the most delicate model ever made, visualy both inside and outside... But!

Reading the topics here at the forum, (and my own flying excperience with the Bus) it seems there are a bit too many issues, problems and bugs in the BusX... Maybe a week more or two before she was released would have solved that, I dont know...?

I undretstand that developing a product like this takes tons of effort, time and skill, So I dont mean to "harm" or criticise anyone at Aerosoft. Not at all! (The guys at Aerosoft has done a fantastic job!) I just hope for a SP1 comming very soon, fixing bugs like the nosewheel turning, sluggish approach, flight dynamics etc. and other problems/bugs.

Once again The BusX is an outstanding product! Worth every cent!

...Even though the bugs and problems are bit too many...

Best Regards

Per S.

Well look at it this way, none of the testers had the nose wheel issue and as far as we know only 0.2% of customers have it. If you do not happen to have one of the testers that has an issue like that you simply never see it. Some other issues we knew about but could not fully decide on how to solve it. Sometimes it is better to get some feedback from customers and react on those comments. That's not using customers as testers, we had these issues on these forums way before the product was released.

One last comment, seems there are a whopping lot of bugs reported on the forum. But if you check you see most topics older then 12 hours are marked 'solved and closed'. Nine out of ten times that means the customer did not understand something correctly and with a bit of help he did. People who got an issue use the forum (and that's good), the people who have no issues fly. It's easy to get a distorted view.

Dear Sirs!

I Read Your respons and I agree. But, the nosewheel again... I dont understand how I can solve that? I Have CH-FlightSim Yoke, and no pedals.

The plane turns on ground when i turn the yoke, but not the wheel...

Like I wrote before, CLS had the same problem with their MD80/81, and they mailed a new cfg/MDL file, and the problem was solved. So I guessed that there might be a linking raletad problem in the yoke/elevator/aileron connection.

Because when i adress "rudder" instead of "aileron" in FSX control/calibrate meny, the nosewheel and rudder moves, but not the aileron, so when in the air i can not control the plane like it is supposed to.

Then I change back to adress "aileron" and "elevator" back to what it was first, then the plane turns/move sideways on the ground when I turn the yoke. I hope You see/understand what I mean Sir, Is this not just some "fix" that can be easely solved in the MDL/cfg like CLS did with their MD80?

And! Dont forget, You HAVE created a masterpiece!!! So when this is solved, among some other bugs/problems. No one reaches Your standard of quality!

Best Regards

Per

Because when i adress "rudder" instead of "aileron" in FSX control/calibrate meny, the nosewheel and rudder moves, but not the aileron, so when in the air i can not control the plane like it is supposed to.

Best Regards

Per

You might have answered your own question. It's the combination of ailerons and rudder that makes that it doesn't work for you. I have my rudder assigned to the z-axis of another controller and it works. I also use a ch-yoke (till my stick arrives)

I don't think this add-on has a lot of problems, and I think it has stunning visuals and sound.

However, I am surprised that the wholly unstable and erratic 'Managed Climb' (VNAV) a.k.a "Speed issue" made it past beta and into release. The aircraft can only be used in climb using V/S which is not at all realistic (just like default FSX airliners). When CLB is used, the aircraft cannot hold 250kts under 10,000. The vertical speed jsut continues to rise until the airspeed drops to around 160kts. The aircraft just cannot seem to attain or maintain speed by adjusting pitch .....and that is a fundamental of a realistic airliner.

My purchased aircraft has been taken out of service until Aerosoft can fix this serious 'speed' bug in the hangar!

David.

I hope this is fixed in the SP1...

CLS send me a fix for the MD80 (It was the same problem with that aircraft...) after an hour or two, Only wish Aerosoft could do the same...

But, ok... I will wait for the SP1...

P.

CLS send me a fix for the MD80 (It was the same problem with that aircraft...) after an hour or two, Only wish Aerosoft could do the same...

Saying the same thing over and over again isn't going to get Aerosoft to fix this any quicker, it will probably actually have the opposite effect, its not like its a major issue such as the managed climb mode, your problem is only aesthetic. I'm sure if it can be fixed without a major rewrite then it will be.

When CLB is used, the aircraft cannot hold 250kts under 10,000. The vertical speed jsut continues to rise until the airspeed drops to around 160kts. The aircraft just cannot seem to attain or maintain speed by adjusting pitch .....and that is a fundamental of a realistic airliner.

Hm, maybe I am mistaken or seeing things, but during my last flight I used managed mode (apart from the HDG, which was following ATC manually) and all went fine. I got to FL190 (my FL for this short flight) without any problems. I never got too low speeds: I seem to remember speeds went to 240 at some point, but all in all I got to 10.000 without problems, and certainly not at 160 kts. I will take a good look at what happens during my next flight.

EDIT: Never mind my post... My flight was short and hence I had little fuel onboard... of course I didn't have any problems under those circumstances...

Well look at it this way, none of the testers had the nose wheel issue and as far as we know only 0.2% of customers have it. If you do not happen to have one of the testers that has an issue like that you simply never see it. Some other issues we knew about but could not fully decide on how to solve it. Sometimes it is better to get some feedback from customers and react on those comments. That's not using customers as testers, we had these issues on these forums way before the product was released.

One last comment, seems there are a whopping lot of bugs reported on the forum. But if you check you see most topics older then 12 hours are marked 'solved and closed'. Nine out of ten times that means the customer did not understand something correctly and with a bit of help he did. People who got an issue use the forum (and that's good), the people who have no issues fly. It's easy to get a distorted view.

with all due respect Mathijs, i don't think that we can state the current situation as "not so bad one". I don't want to complaine, as i managed to more or less enjoy this product. Besides all the praises for its magnificent visuals and (sounds), there ARE indeed many issues. I think somewhere here in the forums you already have a list of issues to be solved in SP1 and i think this list can't be described as small.

There are also bugs or strange experiences people (including me) use to see quite often, some as severe as they make flying nearly impossible.

It's a great product, no doubt but yesterday, after having bought the product the day it was released, gave me a feeling a i had bought an "air*****" product.

Not everyone here is a a total beginner and some used to fly PMDGs or LDS, so a lot of topics concerning issues with this product have their reason and can't be seen as newbie problems or misunderstandings.

Don't get me wrong, every hour flown with this bus is a pleasure but one must say that it takes a lot of tolerance concerning problems in order to reach the point of enjoyment.

I really hope you can "successfully" solve all the problems, that indeed would make your product so far the best airbus in the live of FSX but until then this a bus with some not-so-small flaws.

However, one thing is definitly out of question: Your support is great!

Conchi

• Upvote 1

I do totaly agree with You Sir! Its a great plane! BUT, there are to many bugs/problems etc. and other things that infact forces me to place her in the hangar until the SP1/SP2 is out. I have tried all tweeks/fixes I know of to fix things my self, but with no succses.

So, sad to say, I am done flying the AirbusX for now until the SP1/patches is out solving those problems I guess You are all aware of

Its a stunning model visulay! But the other part is not that stunning I am afraid...

Best Regards

Per

none of the testers had the nose wheel issue and as far as we know only 0.2% of customers have it.

Think you said elsewhere that 5 users had this problem... so that about 2500 sales so far then? Not bad.