low fps on instruments

limazulu

First of all - I really enjoy the Airbus! I have some issues which were already addressed in other topics on this forum ... but I haven't seen this one reported so far:

Frame Rates outside the cockpit (the environment) are very nice, but the cockpit instruments/gauges operate on a frame rate around maybe 10fps - so the update rate is not really smooth.

Maybe it is a setting I can change somewhere? With PMDG A/C you could set the frame rate targets for the VC - any chance this is hidden somewhere for the airbus?

Maybe some Graphic Card Setting that needs adaptation?

I have a i7 960 Chip running at around around 3.8Ghz, 4 MB Ram, Nvidia GTX285...

Many thanks!

Jan

That's defintely an issue, its hard to fly circuit's when your ND is always 10-20° degrees behind your heading. At least would be nice to have

an option to increase the performance, because that's for me quite anoying. Hope this can be fixed in any way.

Sven

• Aerosoft

The displays run at 18 fps and that the maximum that can be done for XML code. FSX limitation, sorry!

I would not say 18 fps for a navigation display is slow though, it most certainly does not seem that way for us.

Note that if you run you FSX with a limited framerate you could be running into a well known bug that drops the whole FPS. We strongly advise to run it at unlimited setting unless you see high fluctuations between 50 and 100 fps.

It's not a problem for me, but I agree that the gauges aren't smooth. More like a digital clock if you know what I mean. Makes no difference if I run with fps locked at 27, 30 or unlimited. Not a big deal, but the gague refresh rate/animation isn't smooth.

Mathijs,

Sorry! I guess my post wasn't to well written (english isn't my native language). No - the gauges are correctly updated as the aircraft turns. I have absolutely no problem with that :D What I meant was the "animation" of the gauges. In a turn the compass rose will not rotate smoothly, but "jump" a little bit at a time. Just as a second hand often do on an old watch. Tic toc tic toc the compass rose will rotate.

But as I said this is really not a problem - when I fly I haven't time to bother over such miniscule issues :D

The AirbusX is a very good add-on. The SP1 will make the AirbusX an :excellenttext_s: add-on.

Thank's for your efforts to maintain top notch support even during a weekend! That's commitment :goodjob_s:

Hi mathias,

how do pmdg do it then??

You can set what ever you want for the refresh of all of their addons,

surely its not an FSX if others can pull it off?

Hm yea that was actually what I was referring to in the other topic I started on this issue; in the PMDG MD-11 I can set it on the level of FPS I want.. But maybe it has something to do with the fact that all has been programmed in XML or something and that PMDG does it in another way..

EDIT: I did not see this on the upper ECAM; if I set the throttles to FLEX from IDLE, this increase is depicted very smoothly by the upper ecam!

Hello,

I had the same problem, i opened the panel folder and than the Display folder. Than open the file PFD with an Editor.

Search for a line like Frequency>1>Frequency. This controls the refresh rate of the display. I entered a 200 instead of the 1 and the Display runs very smooth now.

I did the same for the ND file. There is not only one line in the files with Frequency so search the complete file for "Frequency".

Best regards Markus.

Thats the solution, work's great just need to have the captains instruments on the FO side too, would make it even better.

But thanks for the hint, you are the man ;-)

Hi mathias,

how do pmdg do it then??

You can set what ever you want for the refresh of all of their addons,

surely its not an FSX if others can pull it off?

I am no programmer (well, I programmed C64 games in assembler back in the 90s), but my understanding is that the Aerosoft Airbus is based on .xml code, while other add-ons are based on C++/GDI+ code which allow fluent displays (check eg ifly737, PMDG747X, LDS767, Coolsky Super80Pro displays).

Correct me if this is nonsense. smile.gif

• Aerosoft

I am no programmer (well, I programmed C64 games in assembler back in the 90s), but my understanding is that the Aerosoft Airbus is based on .xml code, while other add-ons are based on C++/GDI+ code which allow fluent displays (check eg ifly737, PMDG747X, LDS767, Coolsky Super80Pro displays).

Correct me if this is nonsense. smile.gif

No , you are 100% correct.

Thanks for finding that tweak btw! well done.