Fatal Error and Slow/Rapid control movement

Aaronc

Hey,

I bought the product yesterday, been trying to test it out a few times but i've got a few problems;

Firstly i've been getting Fatal Errors, first time was when the game finished loading at a airport with the Airbus. So I restarted went to another airport, loaded up this time but crashed about 15-20mins into flight with a fatal error.

Today I tried it again, it worked for the 10mins or so I was using it, but then I had a fatal error on exit which someone else mentioned, no big deal for the one on exit.

Apart from that i've been having major control problems, like some users have reported, rapid control movement between ground and 100ft, then really sluggish control above 100ft which is making the product just about unflyable for me. No other aircraft I have responds this slow for me.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or is a refund possible?

Great work on the model and systems though, it looks amazing :)

Aaron

P.S. I was using the A320 CFM and IAE

Hey,

I bought the product yesterday, been trying to test it out a few times but i've got a few problems;

Firstly i've been getting Fatal Errors, first time was when the game finished loading at a airport with the Airbus. So I restarted went to another airport, loaded up this time but crashed about 15-20mins into flight with a fatal error.

Today I tried it again, it worked for the 10mins or so I was using it, but then I had a fatal error on exit which someone else mentioned, no big deal for the one on exit.

Apart from that i've been having major control problems, like some users have reported, rapid control movement between ground and 100ft, then really sluggish control above 100ft which is making the product just about unflyable for me. No other aircraft I have responds this slow for me.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or is a refund possible?

Great work on the model and systems though, it looks amazing smile.gif

Aaron

P.S. I was using the A320 CFM and IAE

well about crash have you tryeid started flightsim then just hit fly now not chagesing anything.

2 in game move to the airport you want

3 load the airbus i tryeid niki only.

4 try load ready for take off on the MCDU display then just get ready for takeoff.

I also had some problems not that you was talking about but seems that things start working for me as my throttle in the airbus ditent move and some other things but after a test flight where i tryeid all knobs and so it start to work as it should. no route just fly and chages heading and so on once in a while also try open the 2d pannel know there is not shown anything but it is there and knows ffrom other add-ons that some times does an magic effect. hope it would work for you to.

About rapid control and so.........

by the way do you use other hardware or push buttons then throttle and yoke or joystik ?

Hey

Thanks for your reply, Yah thats how I got around the first fatal error, I loaded up at an airport with just default aircraft, then selected the Airbus ready to go. Worked good for about 15-20mins then I got the fatal error about halfway into my flight?

For the controls I just have a normal logitech joystick, nothing else.

Any clues?

Aaron

Hey

Thanks for your reply, Yah thats how I got around the first fatal error, I loaded up at an airport with just default aircraft, then selected the Airbus ready to go. Worked good for about 15-20mins then I got the fatal error about halfway into my flight?

For the controls I just have a normal logitech joystick, nothing else.

Any clues?

Aaron

does it give any info about why it crash.

Well could you try to go to your FSX.cfg files and delt them but remember to create a backup.

here is a guide to find cfg file. go to run or search for it from desktop. Then open run and enter the following:

%appdata% press enter and then go to microsoft ->FSX then finde the FSX.cfg and backup and delt.

startup fs when asked about the programs it should run then only say yes to the 1 file to the aerosoft and fsuipc if used. Of cause when you hav set aircraft type it asks you again 2 times and say yes to both. Then set up throttle and go fly again, and se if it crash again. just to insure it only runs the files included. Then we know if it is some other program there cause it. it is but my best advice right now.

best regards Lars

• Aerosoft

This is one of those nasty problems because we just know it will not happen when the user would wipe his disk, installs windows, installs FSX and installs the Airbus X. It has to be something on the system that makes it crash so easy. But it is of course silly to ask a customer to do that, yet it is all we can claim a product can do.

The tip of removing the fsx.cfg is a very good one though. A good deal of support we have to do is cause by problems in there (or users copying tips from the internet).

there are 3 buttons on the overhead panel that you can right click and then you'll see a white OFF sign on them and that will indicate that the Flight control computer is turned off and will now allow you to use the rudder above 100ft and responds faster to roll and pitch controls as well you can see where they are on this picture

Very pleased to report that turning off the flight control computer gives me full and total control of the aircraft :o

Wonderful breakthrough for me, and while not being the best solution for some it certainly has brought me back to this aircraft.

Many thanks for the tip, it's most appreciated indeed. ;)

Cheers.

Mike.

Why on Earth would you want to switch off the three of the flight control computer systems? Airbus' concept of FBW is totally different. It takes time to get used to it...

Interesting attempt at a workaround... :)

I cannot see how doing this will have any effect on fatal errors... that is more likely an install error (permissions?)

Andrew

It's either that Andrew or i just wasted $44.00 on a unflyable aircraft. Like i said not ideal for all but it works for me until aerosoft get this FBW concept under control.

I have never had a ctd with this aircraft, it was all about lack of control input with me.

Cheers.

Mathijs, I know this may sound silly. But is it possible that the solution to some problems is to deactivate certain things to make them actually work? I have the same problem with the slow reaction to my joystick imput. I haven't tried to deactivate the FCCs, but it seems that this is the solution to this problem. And that reminds me of the APU GEN problem. If you deactivate the APU GEN, the batteries load...

Just a thought

best regards

Mat

Mathijs, I know this may sound silly. But is it possible that the solution to some problems is to deactivate certain things to make them actually work? I have the same problem with the slow reaction to my joystick imput. I haven't tried to deactivate the FCCs, but it seems that this is the solution to this problem. And that reminds me of the APU GEN problem. If you deactivate the APU GEN, the batteries load...

Just a thought

best regards

Mat

This isn't any good because as far as I could tell it also kills the FBW. It seems like even in manual mode I have to fight the AP for control of the aircraft, and rudder control is completely out of the question.

-Todd

well hello guys,

Could we get things seperate as there is already an post for controles and autopilot problems. Insted people have to look so many placeses. as a bit info here and there is bigger fustration, then helping

Very pleased to report that turning off the flight control computer gives me full and total control of the aircraft :o

Wonderful breakthrough for me, and while not being the best solution for some it certainly has brought me back to this aircraft.

Many thanks for the tip, it's most appreciated indeed. ;)

Cheers.

Mike.

No problem m8 glad to be able to help you :D

I load FSX, then I load the 320. I start the config manager, enter page 2 (where you can enter airport, etc), then go back to page one and FSX has a fatal error. Every time. Then FSX restarts by itself. I even get a message telling me to reboot my computer. I also get a message saying the config manager has stopped working.

If I start FSX and load the 320 without the config manager, I just can't get my Track IR to work in VC.

This is where I'm stuck at the moment. None of my other aircraft will crash my FSX.

FSX SP1 & 2. Win 7 64 bit. 

Hi there,

don´t forget to load the Cessna first and thereafter the Airbus ;)

Greets

P.s Don´t know if it is helps...but maybe

That is FS9 procedure. Default FSX start up aircraft is the power glider, and I just select the aircraft I want to fly from the start menu.

This works with all my other add on aircraft.

I load FSX, then I load the 320. I start the config manager, enter page 2 (where you can enter airport, etc), then go back to page one and FSX has a fatal error. Every time. Then FSX restarts by itself. I even get a message telling me to reboot my computer. I also get a message saying the config manager has stopped working.

If I start FSX and load the 320 without the config manager, I just can't get my Track IR to work in VC.

This is where I'm stuck at the moment. None of my other aircraft will crash my FSX.

FSX SP1 & 2. Win 7 64 bit.

Hi Omanic. In your case I do think you would be better to load your flight with a default aircraft, then load Airbus X, and finally open the Config Manager.

Let me know if you have any success doing things in this sequence.

If FSX crashes then the Config Manager will also report an error as it has lost its link to FSX.

What specifically is happening with your Track IR and are you using Ezdok?

Chris

Hi Omanic. In your case I do think you would be better to load your flight with a default aircraft, then load Airbus X, and finally open the Config Manager.

Let me know if you have any success doing things in this sequence.

If FSX crashes then the Config Manager will also report an error as it has lost its link to FSX.

What specifically is happening with your Track IR and are you using Ezdok?

Chris

Track IR did not work at all.

I just tried to load the 320 without starting the load manager at all, and now Track IR worked as it should, but I did get another problem.

Very few of the buttons can be clicked in VC. I shifted to the other cockpit views, and then I could click the buttons. Back to the "main view", and again only a few buttons worked.

I finally discovered that I needed to lean to the right to get in front of the buttons in order to get them to work. Just sitting in the seat and trying to click did not work at all.

Very annoying!

On the plus side, I get very good frames with this aircraft. I clearly need to read up on the bus since I have zero experience with this aircraft. I could not even find a

way to program the SID!