Please sort out suicidal autopilot

Oisin McAsey

Fellas,

Can you please make fixing the nose diving autoflight system a priority.

On every approach under manual control something takes control of the aircraft and pitches the nose down. It seems the aircraft is trying to "end it all" short the runway threshold.

This is a very fine, reasonably priced, commerical add on for Flight Sim X, particularly the model, engine sounds and lighting effects, but it is an unflyable aircraft while this problem lingers. We can live with all of the other bugs and peculiarities until such time as you and your team have time to fix them. But this is a "I want my money back" defective product flaw that makes Aerosoft Airbus X very frustrating to fly.

So please give this a priority.

Oisin

Hi we are aware of the issue and it is being looked at, apologies for the frustration caused. Until a solution is found adding a little trim up on finals may help to counteract this effect.

Chris

Flare Mode Is normal for the real a/c,

* Transition to flare mode occurs at 50' RA during landing.

* System memorizes pitch attitude at 50' and begins to progressively reduce pitch, forcing pilot to flare the aircraft

* In the event of a go-around, transition to flight mode occurs again at 50' RA.

http://www.airbusdriver.net/airbus_fltlaws.htm

Flare Mode Is normal for the real a/c,

* Transition to flare mode occurs at 50' RA during landing.

* System memorizes pitch attitude at 50' and begins to progressively reduce pitch, forcing pilot to flare the aircraft

* In the event of a go-around, transition to flight mode occurs again at 50' RA.

http://www.airbusdriver.net/airbus_fltlaws.htm

Nose dive it is. Nothing to do with the Airbus transition flare you'd find on the real aircraft. In fact I not sure at all the Airbus has this function implemented.

Regards

D

Agree, this is nothing like the real slight pitch that occurs to de-sensitize the controls for the pilot to flare.

This is a violent pitch down that makes all landings poor!

It seems that the pitch trim is resetting to zero at 100' ??

Agree, this is nothing like the real slight pitch that occurs to de-sensitize the controls for the pilot to flare.

This is a violent pitch down that makes all landings poor!

It seems that the pitch trim is resetting to zero at 100' ??

In manual flight trim is never being set to begin with, the aircraft FBW is using elevators to control pitch rather than trim. At 100ft the FBW hands control back to the pilot, effectively removing the "trim" and causing the nose down.

Autoland is not effected as the autopilot is able to set trim in any stage of flight. Try an autoland and you will see the aircraft trim set to 4-5 degrees nose up. In manual flight it is always stuck at 0.

Aerosoft can we please get this added to the list of know issues? This is a major problem for hand flying.

Until a solution is found adding a little trim up on finals may help to counteract this effect.

Chris

Chris, in manual flight it is not possible to add trim when over 100ft, do you experience different behavior on your system?

Chris, in manual flight it is not possible to add trim when over 100ft, do you experience different behavior on your system?

I've realised that since I'm using FSForce it will give me a different experience with the trim.

It basically takes over trim control but it stops the visible movement of the trim wheel (that's the way it's supposed to work, but it does provide a gauge to see the trim setting which I haven't used yet).

This is enabling me to set trim at any point in flight when I have manual control of the aircraft.

I still experience the nose down effect at 100ft but it seems to be to a lesser extent than other users and had never caused me to crash.

Chris