throttle idle issue

ias

Well, I have read both formus and manual but have not find solution for my throttle iddle issue.

I assigned only one control device to the throttle axis as I read on the forums (now I have only Saitek throttle quadrant connected, disconnected joystick and pedals from the assignment).

When moving the lever small line on the engine power circle indicates the throttle lever position but dissapears immediately after one second leaving throttle idle.

The throttles canot be moved by mouse directly in the cockpit either.

I have never had an experience with a new aircraft of this kind that I could not even start to fly (in fact I am diving over Friday Harbor where I could put the plane in the air by default).

PLS help me. I was looking forward so much to this aircraft and cant wait to try it.

Thank you.

Thank you Ulf for the answer.

In these posts I did not unfortunatelly find a direct help for my problem. As a last possibility I disconnected all my control devices (Saitek pedals, yoke with throttle quadrant) and tried to leave everything only up to joystick including the throttle. Did not help.

In these posts they discuss a lot using FSUIPC which I do not have. From the answers I understand that FSUIPC is not necessary. Do you think I should get it (the free version)?

IAS (Martin)

Well, I have read both formus and manual but have not find solution for my throttle iddle issue.

I assigned only one control device to the throttle axis as I read on the forums (now I have only Saitek throttle quadrant connected, disconnected joystick and pedals from the assignment).

When moving the lever small line on the engine power circle indicates the throttle lever position but dissapears immediately after one second leaving throttle idle.

The throttles canot be moved by mouse directly in the cockpit either.

I have never had an experience with a new aircraft of this kind that I could not even start to fly (in fact I am diving over Friday Harbor where I could put the plane in the air by default).

PLS help me. I was looking forward so much to this aircraft and cant wait to try it.

Thank you.

I can confirm the same problem as well with my Saitek X-52. The axis is perfectly calibrated and assigned as of normal. However I must admit I haven't had time yet to study the documentation fully. I would have assumed though when loading the aircraft in 'taxi state' that the throttles would be responsive(?) I wonder how many customers have encountered this issue as well?

Thank you Chris for your answer. I am glad that I dont need the FSUIPC.

I use Saitek yoke, the throttle quadrant which I wanna use for the Airbus is connected to the yoke and yoke is plugged in by USB port. I do not use yoke for controlling the plane of course. For this I have Saitek Cyborg X joystick in which I disactivated the throttle axis in the FSX. On top of it I have Saitek pedals where I also disactivated throttle axis (I was surprised to find an assignment here). All the controllers use USB connections.

Problem still persists.

Martin

Hello there, first of all a nice piece of work there...thumbs up...

Though i have one small problem as with my throttle.

I'm using a HOTAS Cougar and its set that after the first click back i have reverse thrust...

In the Bus it does but it doesnt go fully backwards, so i dont have the full rev. thrust'....

here are the settings:

Rem -----------------------------------

Rem Axis statements

Rem -----------------------------------

rem Throttle below Notch1 is reverse thrust

rem THR 5 3 (0 2 3 5) (/P /H F2 /R F1) LOCK (THR, 100%) UNLOCK (THR)

THR 5 3 (0 2 3 5) ( /P /H F2 /R F1) LOCK (THR, 10%) UNLOCK (THR)

So before the lock it says that when i pull back my throttle it would push the F2 button wich ofcourse gives the full reverse thrust...

Maybe somebody else has a solution?.....oh yeah i read all the menuals though lol

grts

Ray

hello,

in the manual it says: "AUTOTHRUST DEACTIVATION

The autothrust system can be disabled by depressing the FCU A/THR pb or by retarding the throttles to the idle detent. A single chime and a short amber master caution illumination alerts the pilot."

pulling the throttle to idle does not disable the A/T in my bus sorry...

any help?

PLS could anyone from Aerosoft deal with my issue? I am having Airbus X 6th day and still cannot fly!

All specifications of my control devices are written above. I have tried controlling also with non-Saitek joystick (with separate throttle) but did not help.

I also tried to reinstall the software and install the 1.10 pack. Does not help.

To add some more specifications I use Windows 7 64 bit and FSX Acceleration.

PLS could anyone from Aerosoft deal with my issue? I am having Airbus X 6th day and still cannot fly!

All specifications of my control devices are written above. I have tried controlling also with non-Saitek joystick (with separate throttle) but did not help.

I also tried to reinstall the software and install the 1.10 pack. Does not help.

I also had the same problem as the above with none of the solutions working. I ended up purchasing the full version of fsuipc for 24 eur (bit annoying) but it seems to have resolved the problem. The throttles themselves don't actually move in the VC but the aircraft actually accelerates as per normal. I followed the directions of how to set up fsuipc as per aerosoft instructions. I'm not saying this will work for everybody but it did work for me.

Windows 7 64

FSX acceleration

Saitec pro flight yoke and rudder

Airbus x update 1.10

Thanks to Jimbo for reply.

I wonder why Aerosoft people are silent on my posts. 6 days ago I bought the product and have wasted only a lot of hours since. For sure the wasted time is more worth now than 38 EUR which I paid.

If you think I am double posting the issues which have been discussed then I am sorry for that. I will continue with this post because it has quite a lot of views now and some developed discussion as well. Believe me I have checked all other posts on this issue and nothing helped.

Can you please confirm that I really need registered FSUIPC as Jimbo wrote that only this helped him? I think it should be software developer who lists all the system requirements. Before buying FSUIPC (which I have not needed so far anyway although I have 3 different Saitek flight controllers and use 3 other payware aircrafts) I would like to be sure that it helps. Bacause I do not want to end up with buying another software which will not work.

Thank you.

Thanks to Jimbo for reply.

I wonder why Aerosoft people are silent on my posts. 6 days ago I bought the product and have wasted only a lot of hours since. For sure the wasted time is more worth now than 38 EUR which I paid.

If you think I am double posting the issues which have been discussed then I am sorry for that. I will continue with this post because it has quite a lot of views now and some developed discussion as well. Believe me I have checked all other posts on this issue and nothing helped.

Can you please confirm that I really need registered FSUIPC as Jimbo wrote that only this helped him? I think it should be software developer who lists all the system requirements. Before buying FSUIPC (which I have not needed so far anyway although I have 3 different Saitek flight controllers and use 3 other payware aircrafts) I would like to be sure that it helps. Bacause I do not want to end up with buying another software which will not work.

Thank you.

I have the exact problem. I also have the Saitek Yoke with the throttle quadrant.

I haven't heard of this problem during testing, but asked testers if they have a similar setup as you have. Maybe someone has an idea.

Hello Adam, do you still have the problem? If any idea how to solve it please let me know.

In between I am waiting patiently if someone will care for customers who cannot use product for which they paid.

martin (ias)

I have the exact problem. I also have the Saitek Yoke with the throttle quadrant.

Martin,

I've asked around. One tester that has the Saitek throttle quadrant didn't have problems. He did mention only assigning one lever to the throttles, not two. And after assigning the lever in the fsx menu, reboot. I don't know if that's of any help...

Another tester is going to set up his throttles over the weekend to see if he can find something.

Thank you Jerry for the effort.

Unfortunatelly this advice did not help. All possible combinations for assigning the trottles I have tested even before. I tried general throttle assignement or separate Engine 1 and Engine 2 assingnement (joystick has this separate possibiliy) and did all of this with only for one controller or for all conrollers plugged in. Now I have tried also rebooting after assigning the trhottle controls but did not help.

Moreover I have another issue that I could never start the loan manager (neither from desktop icon nor form the Aerosoft folder) in all version - starting with 1.00 ending 1.11. This has not been major issue for me so far therefore I have not made any post here. Other posts do not mention that they cannot even start it. Now I am mentioning it because after trying everything for my throttles I wonder whether these issues may not be interconnected that there is some sytem error. But everything else except for Bus X works fine for me in the FSX. The meassage which I can see when starting the load manager is (translation from my mother tongue in which I have the Windows 7 64 bit): "Could not start this application because its paralelly shared configuration is wrong."

Please keep dealing with my issue. I understand that your replies cannot come every day cos there are many other issues to solve. I am waiting patiently.

Regards

Martin

Martin,

I've asked around. One tester that has the Saitek throttle quadrant didn't have problems. He did mention only assigning one lever to the throttles, not two. And after assigning the lever in the fsx menu, reboot. I don't know if that's of any help...

Another tester is going to set up his throttles over the weekend to see if he can find something.

Thank you Jerry for the effort.

Unfortunatelly this advice did not help. All possible combinations for assigning the trottles I have tested even before. I tried general throttle assignement or separate Engine 1 and Engine 2 assingnement (joystick has this separate possibiliy) and did all of this with only for one controller or for all conrollers plugged in. Now I have tried also rebooting after assigning the trhottle controls but did not help.

Moreover I have another issue that I could never start the loan manager (neither from desktop icon nor form the Aerosoft folder) in all version - starting with 1.00 ending 1.11. This has not been major issue for me so far therefore I have not made any post here. Other posts do not mention that they cannot even start it. Now I am mentioning it because after trying everything for my throttles I wonder whether these issues may not be interconnected that there is some sytem error. But everything else except for Bus X works fine for me in the FSX. The meassage which I can see when starting the load manager is (translation from my mother tongue in which I have the Windows 7 64 bit): "Could not start this application because its paralelly shared configuration is wrong."

Please keep dealing with my issue. I understand that your replies cannot come every day cos there are many other issues to solve. I am waiting patiently.

Regards

Martin

No problem, but I am afraid I can't answer this one. It got me puzzled. So far we've encountered some issues with throttle assignment, but they all got solved.

What language do you use with W7 in, if I may ask?

You mean you got puzzled with the throttle issue? Because the other one with the load manager remains secondary for me.

I have Win7 in Slovak language. Should be no problem to change it.

Regards,

Martin

No problem, but I am afraid I can't answer this one. It got me puzzled. So far we've encountered some issues with throttle assignment, but they all got solved.

What language do you use with W7 in, if I may ask?

You mean you got puzzled with the throttle issue? Because the other one with the load manager remains secondary for me.

I have Win7 in Slovak language. Should be no problem to change it.

Regards,

Martin

The throttle issue puzzles me.

Regarding the load-manager, although I also don't have an English version, humour me and try to change, just to be sure.

The throttle issue puzzles me.

Regarding the load-manager, although I also don't have an English version, humour me and try to change, just to be sure.

The English Win version just helped me to get the original text of error message:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect."

I do not have an idea if this may explain something.

As regards the throttle issue I am really the last one on the forum who remained with the Bus not flying because of this? I will have another desperate tries - this time starting the Bus from cold and dark (so far I have always started the Bus with engines running).

Martin

• Aerosoft

The English Win version just helped me to get the original text of error message:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect."

I do not have an idea if this may explain something.

As regards the throttle issue I am really the last one on the forum who remained with the Bus not flying because of this? I will have another desperate tries - this time starting the Bus from cold and dark (so far I have always started the Bus with engines running).

Martin

Martin you seem indeed to have a rather special issue. But reading it all over I really think there has to be a configuration issue or an issue with the throttle.

Let's talk about the second first. If your throttle potentiometers are old or dirty they will spike (send out incorrect data). It's an issue FSX is rather sensitive to. So much so that FSUIPC has an option to desensitize FSX. Now our systems look for a really low and stable reading for the throttle and that's not something we can change very much. I got one old throttle here that simply will not work in the Airbus because it's just not stable.

In configuration I seen the most horrible stuff caused by the software that comes with joysticks. I seriously suggest you remove that and try a very basic setup where Windows and FSX handle the joystick. So not special drivers, not FSUIPC, just Windows and FSX. I never use any software that comes with joysticks, in almost no way is it helpful.

Martin you seem indeed to have a rather special issue. But reading it all over I really think there has to be a configuration issue or an issue with the throttle.

Let's talk about the second first. If your throttle potentiometers are old or dirty they will spike (send out incorrect data). It's an issue FSX is rather sensitive to. So much so that FSUIPC has an option to desensitize FSX. Now our systems look for a really low and stable reading for the throttle and that's not something we can change very much. I got one old throttle here that simply will not work in the Airbus because it's just not stable.

In configuration I seen the most horrible stuff caused by the software that comes with joysticks. I seriously suggest you remove that and try a very basic setup where Windows and FSX handle the joystick. So not special drivers, not FSUIPC, just Windows and FSX. I never use any software that comes with joysticks, in almost no way is it helpful.

Thank you Mathijs very much for the comprehensive answer.

Unfortunatelly I am gonna to puzzle it even more. Please, be patient with me.

For all my controllers I have not used any software which was delivered with them. I found out very soon that the easiest way they work was just to use the Windows drivers.

As regards the possibility that potentiometer may not work properly, my yoke is about 4 month and joystick 1 month old. I have tested their functioning in the calibration window directly in FSX. When I ticked to display also the raw data I saw that they worked 100% smoothly without any skips. (I had such skipping problems with my older joystick which has been thrown away after that.)

And here the biggest mystery may come. Some time ago when waiting for the Bus X I downloaded beta version which can be found on internet. There the throttle worked all right (just like for all other aircrafts which I use in FSX). Today I have tried to return to the Betabus of course after uninstalling the official Bus. I have found again my throttle working smoothly for the Betabus.

Regards

Martin

• Aerosoft

Yes the throttles in that beta was a standard FSX throttle, but it was simply not realistic enough for us. So we now intercept the throttle on OS level.

I'll see if we can add a log function that will help out to debug what's going on in your system.