Any FBW impressions?

MatthewS

I don't have the Airbus X yet but would like to know what people think of the FBW compared to the default FSX A320.

Sounds like the FBW would make flying SIDS/STARS fun but just how realistic is the performance of the FBW?

Also, do you need a really good joystick to get the best out of the FBW? Can the FBW cope with cheaper joysticks that might tend to "spike" a little, I guess its a matter of tweaking the deadzones etc.

IMO the FBW behaves pretty much the same. It's OK, but not as smooth as it should be. But I guess we would need an Airbus pilots view on how it should behave.

The MS Airbus is over powered. The Aerosoft AirbusX on the other hand feels a bit sluggish. With a little improved flight dynamics the AirbusX will be even better.

EDITED: You'll find David Roch's impressions here http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=37854

I actually got my problems with the FBW. Despite the strange behaviour after passing 100ft during landing it kinda forcesa rude pitch down and rapid descend sometimes during cruise or while maintaining a certain FL.

However, turns or climbs or descends look pretty well...