MCDU ISSUE

Bruno Rodrigues

Hello,

Im facing some problems on the MCDU, like some other users reported on the other MCDU thread.

I cant type anything on the MCDU, It says 0. in the scrathpad and im unable to type any kind of data.

Already checked GPSModule.dll, it is on my \FSX main folder\Modules\

Also edited DLL.xml and it has the correct path for GPSModule.

Re-installed the C++ files that Finn advised on the other thread and didn't worked.

When I was installing the game, almost at the finish it gaved me an error "Error with edit DLL.XML the airbus X control is not available "

Already uninstalled and re-installed again and it gaved me the same error and the problem continues.

Any Clues how to solv it?

Hello Bruno,

The issue was fixed in a new installer, so please un-install the Airbus X redownload the new installer from your account and then use the new installer to re-install.

I have no problems with the MCDU, so I guess that means I don't need to un- and reinstall the Airbus? Or am I missing out on something if I don't do that?

You are not missing anything if the MCDU is working properly for you, I believe this problem was caused by the installer not creating a dll.xml file if one didn't previously exist, the result was you couldn't enter anything into the scratchpad.

Hello Bruno,

The issue was fixed in a new installer, so please un-install the Airbus X redownload the new installer from your account and then use the new installer to re-install.

Shaun,

I have just done that, the problem continues, can't type anything, also the same error when install is finishing. "Error with edit DLL.XML the airbus X control is not available "

Shaun,

I have just done that, the problem continues, can't type anything, also the same error when install is finishing. "Error with edit DLL.XML the airbus X control is not available "

I too received the error message, and have the latest installer, and cannot enter data into the scratchpad.

Let me know if/when there is a fix--sure is a pretty bird :)

Using Vista, x64 quad core.

Bill

• Aerosoft

Shaun,

Are you sure you are installing with Administrator rights? If not the installer will not be able to edit (or create) the file.

Are you sure you are installing with Administrator rights? If not the installer will not be able to edit (or create) the file.

I only have one user at this machine, and obviously is Admin.

I also Tested the install with the "Guest User" of win xp and it automacticaly says it needs admin rights.

• Aerosoft

Mmm then I got no idea about this one and need to ask the people who made the installer to check into this on Monday.

If the aircraft is installed and the MCDU shown .0 in the scratchpad it means the GPSModule.dll is not loaded. It is called from the ddl.xml file and that one needs to contain this entry.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

If it does know you might just add it manually.

Mmm then I got no idea about this one and need to ask the people who made the installer to check into this on Monday.

If the aircraft is installed and the MCDU shown .0 in the scratchpad it means the GPSModule.dll is not loaded. It is called from the ddl.xml file and that one needs to contain this entry.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

If it does know you might just add it manually.

Thanks--when I went to open the dll.xml file at the /...roaming/FSX location, my xml editor would not open it. The GPS information was there, but garbled...I edited the file, and now it works....thanks for the help.

Bill

Thanks--when I went to open the dll.xml file at the /...roaming/FSX location, my xml editor would not open it. The GPS information was there, but garbled...I edited the file, and now it works....thanks for the help.

Bill

COMMM RADIO KNOBS WILL NOT MOVE

Interesting...since my dll edit, the Comm radios won't rotate, nor "flip"....and when I try to use ATC, it will move auto to station, but no ATC comm occurs....does the DLL file affect the comm radios?

Thanks

B

Hello Bill,

When Mathijs mean't install as Administrator, its not just as being logged in as Administrator, it means right click on the installer icon and select, "Run as Administrator". This then ensures that everything should be installed as is. You may want to un-install and then try it this way.

I am still getting these errors i have moved it up in the list in the dll put in what Mathijs said run as admin i either get an error ands crash to desk top or a .0 in the mcu which makes the aircraft unusable so as for now shes in the hanger any other ideas would be nice

regards

Craig

p.s i even redownloaded it that didnt work either

Try deleting your fsx.cfg file in USer/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx it will generate a new one but save it to the desktop just in case

It worked for me on reboot as FSX then asked for the permission to allow GPS module.

Also it does this when FSX is paused !