fully autoland?

Marcel G.

Someone of you guys was able to make a fully cat 3 dual autoland with flare and rollout?

I just tired it but when i saw 100ft above ground at still -900fpm this is imo a little bit to hard i think, cause touchdowns generally are betwenn 100fpm - max 400fpm.

And with fspassengers X a a touchdown is really not a good idea.

My speed was same as calculated,no winds,(fuel weight could be a problem)have to give it another try.

I just want it to know if sombody was able to make a fully (good a mean with t/d -400fpm) AUTOLAND.:unsure:

I apreciate every comment.

Regards

Someone of you guys was able to make a fully cat 3 dual autoland with flare and rollout?

I just tired it but when i saw 100ft above ground at still -900fpm this is imo a little bit to hard i think, cause touchdowns generally are betwenn 100fpm - max 400fpm.

My speed was same as calculated,no winds,(fuel weight could be a problem)have to give it another try.

I just want it to know if sombody was able to make a fully (good a mean with t/d -400fpm) AUTOLAND.:unsure:

Regards

my record was -600fpm with full AUTOLAND. Although i must admit i had plenty of fuel left. I really think the AUTOLAND ability improves the less fuel you have in your tanks. But i think aerosoft still has to tweak here and there a little bit, the AUTOLAND feature is very complicated :P

• Aerosoft

Regards

Oh yeah, depends a lot on weight and speed and you got to remember Airbus autolands are always a bit 'positive' (as they like to call it) but they should be in the 300-400 ballpark.

Not we are not 100% happy and it is code that still open for debate.

I had a perfect autoland yesterday. I had little fuel left. But just now I was thinking (because I was talking about flaps in another topic) that I entered 3 as landing config in the MCDU but used full flaps anyway. Maybe that somehow gave me some extra er... lift or whateverr? (I presume you have to enter the landing cfg so the plane knows what to expect and maybe calculates speeds based on that setting...? Just guessing. ^_^ ). So you might want to try entering 3 as landing config but still land with full flaps. Maybe that helps. Don't know, really. And low fuel, that helps too, of course.

I had one with -300ft. That was perfect. However, most times it goes wrong. How about your framerate when landing? I posted a thread about the harsh autoland. It has to do with weight, amount of fuel (less then 30%) and maybe your fps.

Martin

Are you talking about total weight or just fuel weight. Meaning reguradless of fuel or passanger load; t can I have a good autoland with less passangers and more fuel or more fuel and less passagnegrs; does it make any difference, or is it just total weight that is the concern?

I performed 6 or 7 IFR landings in two days and on differents airports (KIAD, LFKJ, KATL, LFBD..)

My testimony :i tried to follow the book : fuel managed with load manager, Vapp set on speed knob at approach, LOC, then APPR with AP1 + AP2

and despite all this, my cheerful Airbus is yoyo-ing, is going up and down on russian montains until it crashs.. logically. unable to stabilize.

so i will try this new trick (declare Landing 3 config on APPR PERF) and then, viciously set FULL landing to cheat my cheerful Airbus.

I still say that this aircraft is amazing and full of promises... but, i wonder what were the beta-testers doing ? really ???

I suppose they all performed very nice ILS landings and check that 5 times, 10 times ? Well ouff.. give me a tip, guys.

I was also telling very nice things about the lightings but my memo was blast off...

Mason

Ps : i am doing pretty good landings with wilco airbus 1, pmdg 747, Ariane 737 BTW

Fully autoland? Got it ,the clue is the weight less than 25% in the tanks during landings and vapp speed on speed knob gave me about 10 autolandings between 300fpm and 450fpm (also no more blowing tires on fspassengerX) IMO thant can be even more sweet,i hope that in sp1 it will be a little bit smoother maybe 120fpm autoland like the pm** md11.:rolleyes:

I manage the fuel and weight in the FSPASSENGER X Loadmanager i dont use the Integrated Aerosoft Airbus X Loadmanager

For reference and fuel cosumption, hera a webpage where you can calculated as much real possible for our flights.maybe that helps to prevent making a attempt to full autoland with the tanks full.(landing with a german tiger tank is not a good idea)

http://www.fuel.aerotexas.com/

But everything else is working fine in my case Vspeeds and acceleration on climb are normal just like wilco,Cruise speed between .78m - .80m descent is ok too in rates,and speed no problems so far.

I completed now around 10 online flights every one of them for duration between 2-3hrs without any problems.

Very good FPS

A master piece of art the Airbus X

Regards

pd.

Sorry for my english. :unsure:

At the moment of the touchdown I do not think the real bus is more than 200 of v/s. This is the best video I have found

It is hard to simulate the "FLARE" but it is possible because PM** planes do it since the 737.

Obviously a lot of this is weight dependent.

There is a fantastic weather/load manager/performance and calculator tool that does it all for you, even runway lengths etc etc. It's called Topcat. www.topcatsim.com if you're going to be overweight at your destinations it will let you know.

Friend of mine is A320 Bus driver from Air Arabia. I have spent a lot of time discussing all things Airbus with him.

From what I can gather anything between 150-300 is a good firm landing, anything less is floaty and eats up tarmac especially when wet, anything higher is hard and over 420+ fpm you can call the inspection team out

Typical descent rate is about 7-800 fpm or about -3 degrees on the FPA TRk mode on the FCU at your V approach speed (average 135-40 kts)Flaps full gear down with the flare at 20-30 ft, throttles to idle before touchdown

Of course that's a real bus but it will give you some idea of what to aim for and you'll nail it and get a good feel for it with a few practice runs. Autoland is typically 200 fpm. Hardly noticeable as a passenger.

A real good way to practice is fly it down from a 1000 AGL, if your stable it should just float down at 700 fpm with little input required with you crossing the threshold at 100 ft then on the stripes at 50, fly it onto the runway ;)

Happy landings

Coopz

Full autoland,

I performed a marvelous autoland yesterday with the aircraft. Question : I don't understand how i did that,

considering the fact the AP1 was not engage blink.gif

Just APPR & AP2 buttons + vapp setting on knon and weight <30 %

Someone can explain that ? ohmy.gif

Mason

That would be what we class as an autopilot assisted crash, not an autoland :D The AP should have disengaged at the set MDA or DH, but I imagine you didn't set one, so it didn't.