ntdll.dll, ui.dll crashes

mindyerbeak

Hi,

I bought the airbus x a few hours ago. fsx keeps crashing on me when I fly the plane. with the 2 errors I mentioned in the subject. On top of that when I switch to wing view the wing disappears.

I know you are aware of the wing view "bug" so I will just ask you what can I do to eliminate those ui.dll, ntdll.dll crashes ?

thanks

Vic

• Aerosoft

Mmmm that sounds like some of the files we are looking for in FSX are not there or are changed by another add-on. They are always very hard to fix as there is no real information on where the problem is. To be totally honest, in the past we seen many of these issues only fixed with a clean install of FSX. But let's not go there yet, let's try to see if there is an easy way to find what causes it. I would start by re-installing the latest version of Direct X for your system. If it offers you to repair, do take that option.

The wing view is known and already on the 'known issues' list that you can find here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=37730

Mmmm that sounds like some of the files we are looking for in FSX are not there or are changed by another add-on. They are always very hard to fix as there is no real information on where the problem is. To be totally honest, in the past we seen many of these issues only fixed with a clean install of FSX. But let's not go there yet, let's try to see if there is an easy way to find what causes it. I would start by re-installing the latest version of Direct X for your system. If it offers you to repair, do take that option.

The wing view is known and already on the 'known issues' list that you can find here: http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=37730

Yep.thanks. I do update directx and the c++ libray every time i install an addon just to make sure they are always up to date.

BTW, this maybe a little offtopic.but.will you make an advanced verison of the bus ? This plane is really nice and it is a pity it doen't have a full blown fmc .

cheers

Vic

• Aerosoft

Been talking it over with some developers here and they all get that blank stare in there eyes and mutter "could be anything". I did check though on a few things, the DLL's we use do not access ntdll or the ui in any way, so that's out. Leaves the pure xml code. Now that simply does not function if it jumps to some location where it should not go. Besides if there was a bug like that it would be the same for everybody and the forum would be full of these kinds of posts.

Can you give me some idea on what add-ons are installed and what OS you are using?

Been talking it over with some developers here and they all get that blank stare in there eyes and mutter "could be anything". I did check though on a few things, the DLL's we use do not access ntdll or the ui in any way, so that's out. Leaves the pure xml code. Now that simply does not function if it jumps to some location where it should not go. Besides if there was a bug like that it would be the same for everybody and the forum would be full of these kinds of posts.

Can you give me some idea on what add-ons are installed and what OS you are using?

Os win 7 x64. addons utx: europe,gex, pmdg 747+md11, ejets v1+v2, wilco airbuses 1+2,rex,radar contact, fs2crew,active sky evolution,leveld767, aivlasoft electronic flight bag ...That should be it.I think.

Was the advanced airbusx version discussed and taken in serious consideration ? any info appreciated,

vic

Not to split hairs, but whilst your code may not directly call them, it does not mean other code you are relying on does not, either.

I suggest a debug/trace session to see what is calling what and when.

@mindyerbeak: Next time it crashes can you get the crash information and post it here? Just saying it crashed in ui.dll (or anything else) is useless. FSX is not exactly bug-free, so it could just be FSX screwing up.

Best regards,

Robin.

• Aerosoft

Os win 7 x64. addons utx: europe,gex, pmdg 747+md11, ejets v1+v2, wilco airbuses 1+2,rex,radar contact, fs2crew,active sky evolution,leveld767, aivlasoft electronic flight bag ...That should be it.I think.

Was the advanced airbusx version discussed and taken in serious consideration ? any info appreciated,

vic

Can I assume you got some tweaks to the FSX.cfg? If so move that one to a safe location and let FSX build a new one on startup.

We have considered a more complex version but it is not something we decided on or are working on.

Can I assume you got some tweaks to the FSX.cfg? If so move that one to a safe location and let FSX build a new one on startup.

We have considered a more complex version but it is not something we decided on or are working on.

The only tweaks I have are highmemfix=1, tbm=60 and affinitymask=60.

I just made another flight eddf-eddt and all of a sudden the bus spiralled out of control, crashed and then the sim crashed too due to an error related to fspassengers (forgot to mention this addon)which I do have installed but I'm not using.Strange.I then checked the event viewer and there it says the module window.dll was responsible for the fsx.exe crash :(

BTW, i was also using fps limiter when the crashed happened.