THR CLB

Yankee

Hello!

I've been trying this with four different "loads", weights and so on but it seems on every flight after passing FL100 when the A/C levels to reach looks like the preset 300kts it never climbs with more than 1200fpm, sometimes even less. This means that the climb from FL100 to ex. 350 takes about 30minutes - not really realistic.

btw: any hints on how to import the vroute flightplan I made into the system?

Rgs

Tom

• Upvote 1

We are looking into the slow climb issue, if it exist.

If You build a FSX flihtplan with Vroute (.PLN files) then save them in Your Flight Simulator X files folder found in Your documants folder.

In FSX You can now open the flightplan with the flightplan menu. This should show up on the navigation display and MCDU.

Finn

Hello,

same problem here with the climb: the bus climbs fine till about 12000-14000ft with climb power, then the power cuts back and the bus climbs veeeery slowly (managed mode).... but cruise at cruise alt is just fine and the bus can hold the set cruise speed, only climb mode doesn't work as expected.

another thing I've just noticed: at takeoff, after reaching acceleration altitude, the FMA sometimes changes from SRS to DES mode, although the bus climbs just fine and as expected (so this seems more like a cosmetical problem with the FMA, and I can't replicate it, it rather seems to happen randomly).

Apart from that u have created a very fine product :rolleyes:

Thomas

Well, of course - and activate the A/P :blush:

It's all been done, climbs like a rocket up to FL100, then it levels out and continues with a rate of +1200fpm. Thats the case.

• Upvote 1

I can confirm this issue also.

ZFW - 48.6KGS

FOB - 3.701KGS

Currently 300nm from origin and still trying to get to 37000ft.

Climb n1% auto is 96.2 however the thrust in managed climb mode only generates around 75-80% n1. Struggling to breach .75M

This is slightly painfull. I'm going to hit my TOD before even reaching my programed FL....

I don't know what to say??? No other issues, and a very promissing product but this one sorta makes things tough to manage.....

Scott

• Aerosoft

Well, of course - and activate the A/P :blush:

It's all been done, climbs like a rocket up to FL100, then it levels out and continues with a rate of +1200fpm. Thats the case.

Well yeah, in managed mode the vertical speed will decrease as you get higher. At the highest cruise levels vertical speed is reduced to 400 fpm.

We would like to increase the managed climb speeds a bit but we'll need to sort out the speed issue first. It is not very unrealistic though.

Well yeah, in managed mode the vertical speed will decrease as you get higher. At the highest cruise levels vertical speed is reduced to 400 fpm.

We would like to increase the managed climb speeds a bit but we'll need to sort out the speed issue first. It is not very unrealistic though.

Mathijs, I made the oberservation as well. The climb performance seems realistic until climbing through about FL240 (A321 CFM medium weight). The drop in climb performance thereafter is not the one that one can observe in real life. Actually, in about FL270, as speed mode switches to MACH and as IAS drops with constant mach, the climb performance actually increases for a few thousand feet.

Hope this helps,

Jan

Hi

I have just completed a flight.....,in managed mode spd maintained 250kts through the climb which was painfully slow coupled witha rate of crime of approx 400 fpm.I was expecting acceleraton to 280kts above 10,000ft that never happend, I ended up in selected mode to hurry things along a bit. Also noted that the v speeds caculated in the load manager when exported into FSX do not correspond to the auto-selection option on the relivant line select key.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Add me to the list.

Edinburgh to Heathrow. No cabin or cargo load and minimum trip fuel. (TOW 40,770kgs with 3370kgs fuel). In managed mode the climb rate deteriorates to around 400 fpm N1 95.7% around FL220. I reached FL330 about 200nm track from Edinburgh and couldn't accelerate beyond Mach 0.71. FL330 was reached almost at TOD. The last time I sat in the cockpit of an A320 the flight was Heathrow to Nice, minimum climb rate achieved was 1800 fpm and that in the part FL290 to FL330 with an almost full cabin! (I'm NOT a commercial pilot, just a retired Air traffic Controller who did a lot of fam flights).

nonono.,

staff,

it is a a simple engine problem, where the thrust required is not what the engines are being pumped out

the problem is say i want 95% n1 in climb,, the thrust is stuck at 81%..

another problem is, after your wheels lift off the ground, suddenly the thrust boosts up,, its a big problem

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=37998

Same Stuff here. I have added an extra Thread but its similar with your problem. No full thrust with TOGA. So in climb i dont get full N1, too.

OK, here what i think:

If i right remember right, Florian from Fokker 70/100 project get massiv autobrake problems. So he find a problem with flight simulator and thrust. He write his own calibration software into FMC so that people with this autobrake issues can calibrate in FMC their joystick. After this no autobreak problem will be there.

So i think that is same here. Well calibrated joysticks but any limitation by flightsim. So i have change some values from my thrust settings in FSX. I sit there with more then one hour for testing right settings. The only thing what i see is, that full speed is a result of FSX settings from sensitivity and zero zone.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Hello Folks,

Fully loaded: 30.00 feet in 17 mins, 35.000 in 24 minutes

half load: 30.000 in 15 minutes

Still working on slow climb at the highest levels, but that's a problem of every Airbus addon to date.

This information was passed onto me.

Climb is ok for me slow, but ok and workable; my question relates to cruise. I can only get cruise to go at m .70 max full thrust. Is this normal; read all of the posts re climb thrust pref, but has anybody got normal crusie speeds? This at 50% loaded bus at 28-32,000? No wind.

I have the issue that I never reach the N1 limits that are set by FADEC. Suring take-off the given limit in the Engine Display is NEVER reached. Even after liftoff despite throttle in the TOGA detent the engines thorttle back to around 80%. TOGA and CLB modes should be FADEC controlled engine limits that shoud be maintained as long as this mode is present. This results in an OPEN CLIMB schedule with engine output always at the limit and speed being maintained by elevator. I never see this happen.

Oskar

i seem to have similar problems. I did as Vol6 manual states and although the upper eicam indicate that it should be 96.2% thrust used for clime, the autothrhrust system provides only 63.9 %.

see the picture attached. it seems very strange to me.

post-25506-128362030091_thumb.jpg

In the climb, try switching to selected (V/S) and command a higher climb rate incrementally. Watch the N1 rise higher and higher...

The AirbusX gets up there in selected mode, but does not in managed...

Andrew