Request

jbucholz

I understand that this is a VC only aircraft, which I'm not complaining about. I fly nothing but VC, but unfortunately, my VRInsight CDU II does not. It requires a 2D version of the MCDU to operate. Please Aerosoft, can you add a 2D version just of the MCDU?

Harsh!

I could of used a 2d panel for the fms.

I have a little touch screen where I normally undock this panel,with the airbus it is unuseable...shame!

David Di Domizio

I fully agree - a simple 2D popup of the MCDU would be very handy!

Count me in for the request. My other topic was just closed.

Maybe it is possible to get a camera exactly above the MCDU only (a fix one, so nothing can move). Perhaps this will help us a bit with the CDU II issue.

Thanks.

Adrian

The VRinsight CDU2 needs a 2d panel, unless Aerosoft can supply L:Vars for the FMC too. Frame rates would still be bad though because you would need to have 2 VC's loaded at the same time to make this work without a 2d panel.

• Aerosoft

The VRinsight CDU2 needs a 2d panel, unless Aerosoft can supply L:Vars for the FMC too. Frame rates would still be bad though because you would need to have 2 VC's loaded at the same time to make this work without a 2d panel.

Indeed indeed, we would only go that far if we get a lot of demand for it.

Indeed indeed, we would only go that far if we get a lot of demand for it.

Mathijs, how about just key board commands then for MCDU? I wouldn't mind switching views to see the screen, I just hate typing with my mouse.

As far as the camera issues, you guys to try EZDok. You can set a camera any where you want with effects or no effects. It is essential in a VC only aircraft IMHO.

As for a request of mine - I would love to see a state offered where the aircraft is powered up just before push back and engine start. It would be a compromise between cold and dark and engines running.

As far as the camera issues, you guys to try EZDok. You can set a camera any where you want with effects or no effects. It is essential in a VC only aircraft IMHO.

As for a request of mine - I would love to see a state offered where the aircraft is powered up just before push back and engine start. It would be a compromise between cold and dark and engines running.

You can do this now by saving your own custom aircraft state in the MCDU, it works perfectly. I have a state where the cargo doors are open and External power is connected and enabled, it's perfect for starting my sessions off with.

AdrianG, on 02 February 2010 - 04:10 PM, said:

Will your new Airbus be compatible to the new vrinsight CDU II and/or MCP combo panel?

We are trying to stay as much as possible to default key settings. Let's put it like this, we are sure this is the most complex aircraft that will be compatible with that hardware.

Mathijs,

In the preview topic I asked the question and you gave me an answer that satified me and so I bought the CDUII Panel from Aerosoft.

So if there is a chance, please make it happen.

Thanks.

Adrian

• Aerosoft

Dear Mathijs,

Topic has been pushed some pages down. Could you give a short answer to this?

Thx,

Adrian

Andrian, we honestly have not spend a lot of time thinking about a more complex version that would be more suitable for the high end and expensive hardware. This really is a product intended for the simmer who has not a lot of experience. We are handling rather a lot of customers who bought this without having any control hardware. When things have settled down we'll be glad to see what can be done.

Mathijs,

ok, perhaps it was my fault to buy this stuff in advance.

No offense at all, but you replied in the early phase of the project: "We are trying to stay as much as possible to default key settings. Let's put it like this, we are sure this is the most complex aircraft that will be compatible with that hardware. "

I took the confidence out of that, CDUII integration will be possible.

So at least a "lesson learned" for me ;-)

Let´s see what future will bring.

Regards,

Adrian