Missing Textures and Object at Madrid X

TangoGolf

Hello,

I recently purchased MadridX and while the default airport is nice, your version is very enjoyable - it's beautiful, it performs very well, and it satisfies my need for more AES airports.

My first few flights were at nighttime, but when I was lining up yesterday during the day for a takeoff, I noticed the wig-wags were... wagging black squares back and forth.

post-31550-128347257758_thumb.jpg

A missing texture or so it appeared to me. I enabled the ShowMissingTexturealert and MissingLibraryalert flags in the fsx.cfg file and had these textures flagged as missing:

LICHTGELB.BMP

LICHTGELB_LM.BMP

BMP.BMP

STRCA.BMP

STRCA_LM.BMP

STRUC.BMP

STRUC_LM.BMP

Plus what I assume is a missing library object alert appeared - unfortunately a lot of its text wrapped itself outside of the box's boundaries:

post-31550-128347270461_thumb.jpg

So I'm wondering if Aerosoft Support could either post the missing files here in the forum or as an update to registered users - or offer some corrective advice if that's the case.

That is, when the hubub from your AirbusX launch allows you the time. biggrin.gif

With Regards,

Good catch Travis. I have this scenery as well but have only flown around it a few times and never tested it to see if its missing any textures. Frankly I am surprised so many sceneries get released with missing textures. I would have thought that the developer or beta testers would test the scenery using the cfg tweak to look for missing textures before they release it.

Since it was done by Aerosoft they should be able to get the textures quickly.

Good catch Travis. I have this scenery as well but have only flown around it a few times and never tested it to see if its missing any textures. Frankly I am surprised so many sceneries get released with missing textures. I would have thought that the developer or beta testers would test the scenery using the cfg tweak to look for missing textures before they release it.

Since it was done by Aerosoft they should be able to get the textures quickly.

Sean,

Honestly it took me seeing the missing light texture on the wig-wag to notice something was afoot here.

And - as I'm sure that you're aware wink.gif - other 3rd party scenery developers have missing objects/textures as well. (I wouldn't want Aerosoft to think that I'm being selective in my request.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shaun,

Have things slowed down so that you've been able to hear anything from the third party developers on this?

At least anything about what I assume is the missing wig-wag texture?

• 2 weeks later...

The SimWings airports are nice. Madrid quickly became my favorite large Aerosoft airport, and I was looking forward to picking up Barcelona. But I haven't flown out of Madrid in weeks and feel that I'm losing interest.

I had also planned to pick up both the Holiday series and Munich sight unseen but that hasn't happened yet. Perhaps the shorter days have taken me away from Europe for the season.

• 4 weeks later...

At this point I guess I have to inquire if there is a major problem in getting these files - at least of the visibly missing objects? And if there is a problem, how quickly should a resolution be expected?

I've attempted to be respectful of everyone's time - and if I haven't I apologize - but it's been nearly three months since the initial inquiry.

Hello Travis,

Have spoken to Manfred at Sim-Wings so soon would be good.

Please download the missing textures from here and the objects are under investigation.

Thank you kindly, Shaun and Manfred.

At Barajas, the wigs are now wagging properly. :D

post-31550-039907200 1291052529_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

While doing some config file tests, this came to light on my system as well. Why aren't the missing textures in the database as a fix for LEMDX? That is where they should be, not hidden somewhat in the forum...

But, I wish to make an observation here too. While waiting at Z3 for 36L, looking towards the city, I get a drop of around 30% in FPS, but ONLY during the day. Night, dawn, and dusk have NO hit oddly enough. In general, I have a greater load on my system during the day than at dawn or dusk, which seems to make little sense to me. I always thought that scenery hit harder during the dawn and dusk periods because of the double loading of textures...

Could it be that there is something odd about LEMDX?

Thanks

Andrew