Very much impressed

david roch

I quite rarely comment on aircrafts but I have to say that I am very much impressed by the BusX so far.

It's not a real "A320 simulator" as for today (and not the same price) but I am not sure FSX allows really much more then what we get here with Aerosoft's product.

Of course you won't find FBW behavior like the real thing but the immersion is total and the bird's system very well implemented within FSX limitations.

The VC is the best I've seen in FS.

Knowing quite well the real cockpit I must say that when I first launched the Bus I was amazed by the quality of the textures.

The external view shows one of the most sophisticated (if not the best) virtual copy of a real jet in FS with an incredible amount of details.

Flying the BusX reveals some weaknesses, especially alpha protection wise. The thrust needed on TO is not really accurate but I assume there will be some tweaks to do.

This "basic" version is already a serious piece of software for hard simmers if they want to have fun simulating pre-flight to TO and Cruise sequences.

I have noticed few discrepancies with the FMS (which is quite well simulated BTW) and with the A/THR on descent but the overall flying experience is one of the best I've seen for PC based simulators.

The documentation is clear and complete, there is a lot of new features (panel state on an MCDU page, nice!), a fantastic optimization of the fps impact and one can easily understand the amount of work involved in such a project.

IMO when some small bugs will be fixed AirbusX will be a winner!

Great job.

• Upvote 3

I'm with you David, the quality of textures, the performance in VC is superb - I do like the inclusion of a 2D look a like view for non-VC pilots like myself, it makes the transition so much easier.

I completed the tutorial flight this afternoon and whilst I had a couple of problems getting the aircraft to slow down, I was able to simulate a hold to lose altitude and completed my landing at LOWW with the aircraft intact and the passengers still talking to me :)

Well done indeed.

Sometimes it might be necessary to add some speedbrake during descend.

In the VC You can drag the speedbrake lever with the mouse. Find a setting where the autothrottle still keeps a low engine power setting.

This is not uncommon in modern sleek airliners.They don´t like to both slowdown and go down.

Finn

This is not uncommon in modern sleek airliners.They don´t like to both slowdown and go down.

Finn

Fair call, I often see 738's throwing out the spoliers on descent in to YBTL and then again when I lived in AYPY the F28's used to drop the clam shells on descent - wonderful sound that, the clamshell on an F28/100, almost as scary as the first stage of flaps on an RJ100/70 :)

I quite rarely comment on aircrafts but I have to say that I am very much impressed by the BusX so far.

It's not a real "A320 simulator" as for today (and not the same price) but I am not sure FSX allows really much more then what we get here with Aerosoft's product.

Of course you won't find FBW behavior like the real thing but the immersion is total and the bird's system very well implemented within FSX limitations.

The VC is the best I've seen in FS.

Knowing quite well the real cockpit I must say that when I first launched the Bus I was amazed by the quality of the textures.

The external view shows one of the most sophisticated (if not the best) virtual copy of a real jet in FS with an incredible amount of details.

Flying the BusX reveals some weaknesses, especially alpha protection wise. The thrust needed on TO is not really accurate but I assume there will be some tweaks to do.

This "basic" version is already a serious piece of software for hard simmers if they want to have fun simulating pre-flight to TO and Cruise sequences.

I have noticed few discrepancies with the FMS (which is quite well simulated BTW) and with the A/THR on descent but the overall flying experience is one of the best I've seen for PC based simulators.

The documentation is clear and complete, there is a lot of new features (panel state on an MCDU page, nice!), a fantastic optimization of the fps impact and one can easily understand the amount of work involved in such a project.

IMO when some small bugs will be fixed AirbusX will be a winner!

Great job.

Amen.

Hi David :cheers_s:

Oh yes - everything is OK. I hope that everything is ok for you too. I guess the AirbusX brings some of us old timers together here at Avsim forums :D I appreciate that you share your opinions on the Airbus. It's not that often that pilots with personal experience of commercial aircraft join in.

The best to you :D

Greg, that is a bit of a sweeping statement. Follow the guidelines and you should find that it is perfectly flyable manually. It is not a Boeing. The Fly by Wire technology in an Airbus is different, and it takes time to adjust to the philosophy if you haven't used fly by wire simulation software at all.

It flies well manually, especially once you have got the idea of FBW in the Airbus...

Andrew

Unflyable manually..... what a disapointment...... (despite the great texturing of course).

Greg

Without some reasons to back that statement up you just sound like a troll. Why unflyable?