FD and AP dead?

lynxator

Hello folks,

I have some issues that have never been met in this forum. Let's talk about it :

First of all, I'm use to airbus philosophy as i flew a lot on the Airbus serie from Wilco, then don't tell me "Is your MCDU programmation OK?" or something like that. if I come to you, that's cuz I don't know what do to further...

* My FD and AP are inactive. Just after the rotation, the FD bars do not move, at all! Same for the AP : it doesn't even follow a heading in selected mode...

* During the thrust reduction, i'm not able to find the CLB position. In fact, the "Clb" does appear on the E/WD, but stay on "THR LEVER" or "MCT" on the FMA. I've never seen "THR CLB" like the other users.

* I meet some "lagging" on the ECAM. In a turn, the compass in the ND do not move smoothly, altought i'm stuck at 30 fps in the game. Like an old FS9 addon you see...

I met an installation issue with Visual C++ 2005, but after a reinstallation without this error, same result... I'm a little disapointed to see that this bus fly like a firefly for the others users, but not for me...

Hi. I appreciate your experience with the Wilco, and I don't think that Airbus X is dissimilar.

I assume that you have the green light on the panel for the FD and AP1 (or AP2)? Right clicking on the HDG knob should bring you into select mode and the mouse wheel can be used to change heading. Can you confirm that you see HDG on the PFD?

Are you having any issues setting speed or altitude using the autopilot?

As for hitting THR CLB it can be a little tricky. I often slip into THR LVR, but a slight nudge of the throttle forward should get you there. If not have you tried adjusting the sensitivity of your throttle in the FSX Controls Setup?

I haven't personally noticed any lagging on the ND. Though some users have reported low FPS with the gauge. I presume that this is system dependant.

Chris

First of all, thanks for reply!

I assume that you have the green light on the panel for the FD and AP1 (or AP2)?

Yes I have, as you know that I'm familiar with Airbus.

Right clicking on the HDG knob should bring you into select mode and the mouse wheel can be used to change heading. Can you confirm that you see HDG on the PFD?

I confirm.

Are you having any issues setting speed or altitude using the autopilot?

No issue setting speed or altitude on the glareshield using the mouse wheel.

I haven't personally noticed any lagging on the ND. Though some users have reported low FPS with the gauge. I presume that this is system dependant.

That's what I meant sorry.

Here is a screenshot that shows my problem : all is in selected mode, see the FD bar not moving although my selected altitude is higher that the current one, and the vertical bar tells me to go on the left although my selected heading is on the right hand side. Same for the vertical speed : totally ignored...

201093192410371.jpg

Hi

I also have this problem, in addition I have big issues getting the bus to perform managed modes.

I'm open for that problem is between the keyboard and chair, but what ever I do I cannot get it to function properly, any ideas??

Best regards

Audun

You might make sure your FSX defalt AVIONICS POWER is set to on. Generally you can tell if it is off becuase the backup DME/RMI gauge will not work when default power is off. If you start with a C&D Cessna like I do, that may be it.

Good luck.

Joe

You might make sure your FSX defalt AVIONICS POWER is set to on. Generally you can tell if it is off becuase the backup DME/RMI gauge will not work when default power is off. If you start with a C&D Cessna like I do, that may be it.

Good luck.

Joe

Hi Joe

Thank you for that excellent advice, seems that this solved my problems, checked my default flight and the avionics was turned off, changed that and saved and had a test flight and everything functioned.

So thank you again

Best Regards

Audun