Cannot move!

AdrianB

Hi -

I only have (at the moment) a keyboard and mouse and a joy stick.

Its a problem im having with the thrust. I have read the forums and would like to add and expand on those.

Normally, i use the F2 and F3 buttons to control thrust on all my other planes. I have read the Step by Step guide, but i just cannot get the throttles to move! :-)

If hold F4 (full), the N1 reading goes up (as expected), but goes down as soon as i release. All the times the throttle lever does not move at all.

However, if i hold F2, they do move into reverse and stay there when i let go.

So im stuck on the ground at the moment! :(

Just to confirm... you have no thottle axis on the joystick?

If this is so, get one! Guess about 30€ and you'll have one with throttle axis!

If you already have a throttle axis follow step by step tutuorial and assign it properly as described ;)

Kind Rgds, Patrick

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem like you. I cannot assign an axis to the throttle because I have none. If I couldn't move the throttle levers with the numpad, that would be really annoying. Can anybody please confirm, if we have to use a joystick with a throttle axis to use the Airbus?

You can't operate the throttles with the keyboard. The F keys don´t work with the FADEC module. you need at least one axis

Wow - i really wish that was on the system requirements page before i parted with my money. I guess its unuseable for me then. Damn, all that waiting! :-(

I realise that a descent stick is part of the 'basic' system, but some people just dont have the space / money for them, or like me, simply prefer the keyboard. I would have thought Aerosoft would have taken this into account when aiming the plane at such a wide range of abilities / people within the community.

Thanks anyway.

I've emailed the developer about this to see if there are alternatives, no promises, but hopefully something can be done.

Chris

Hi Chris -

Thank you for that, i really appreciate it. If you could let me know what they say either way that would be good! :-)

Hi Chris -

Thank you for that, i really appreciate it. If you could let me know what they say either way that would be good! :-)

I'm having the same problem, I can not move the throttle with f3 and f4, I'm with a joystick axis and also does not work, I waited a long time to acquire the product and now I can not fly. I saw on another forum that the problem can be solved by reinstalling FSUIPC but would like someone from aerosoft it is confirmed that information.

And also I find it strange they say the keys f1, f2, f3, f4 does not work in airbusx because I can apply the reverse with idle with f1 and f2, f3 and f4 because the do not work.

Thanks

Giba

Have you tried unpluging any other jostick/controller from your computer?

James

Yeah, tried everything mate. Literally i have spent 5 hours fiddling with things and still no luck. Thanks for your suggestion, though! :-)

Yeah, tried everything mate. Literally i have spent 5 hours fiddling with things and still no luck. Thanks for your suggestion, though! :-)

Me too, I tried everything and nothing, already reinstalled FSUIPC, turn off the joystick, restart the PC, spanked the bedroom door and nothing thottle work.

I would appreciate it work with f1, f2, f3 and f4. Use these keys with all the planes I have. I hope I do not regret the purchase.sad.gif

Me too, I tried everything and nothing, already reinstalled FSUIPC, turn off the joystick, restart the PC, spanked the bedroom door and nothing thottle work.

I would appreciate it work with f1, f2, f3 and f4. Use these keys with all the planes I have. I hope I do not regret the purchase.sad.gif

Hello Gibaba,

The throttle detents don't work with F-keys because of the FADEC module. So you need a joystick that has an axis that you can assign to the throttle.

Hello Gibaba,

The throttle detents don't work with F-keys because of the FADEC module. So you need a joystick that has an axis that you can assign to the throttle.

Thanks for the tip, but my joystick axis has and still is not working. So far only pictures on the ground.mecry_s.gif

I only use a keyboard and thats how I have to fly as I have massaive space constraints in my place. Been working it this was happily for years with Flight Sim!! I was unaware that a joystick was required? Can I control the throttle another way? This is not too cool after 6 months wait..........................

• Upvote 1

We will try to see if the F-keys can be made functional too.

No promise though. Inorder to make a working FADEC in FSX compromisses must be made, thats no difference from other addons.

Finn

We will try to see if the F-keys can be made functional too.

No promise though. Inorder to make a working FADEC in FSX compromisses must be made, thats no difference from other addons.

Finn

Nice one, thank you Finn. At the moment, my Airbus is parked in the hangar like a few other people's on this forum! Cant do anything with it. :-)

It might be an idea to put this mandatory throttle requirement on the Airbus page to save any more people being hugely disappointed like i am! :-)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Nice one, thank you Finn. At the moment, my Airbus is parked in the hangar like a few other people's on this forum! Cant do anything with it. :-)

It might be an idea to put this mandatory throttle requirement on the Airbus page to save any more people being hugely disappointed like i am! :-)

I am having that added to the product page.

Well problem is that today most addons aren´t very usefull without an analog throttle.

Joysticks aren´t that expensive:

Two throttles 35;- Eur:

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10792&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight Simulation

One throttle 25;- Eur:

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=03231&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight Simulation

Finn

Well problem is that today most addons aren´t very usefull without an analog throttle.

Joysticks aren´t that expensive:

Two throttles 35;- Eur:

http://en.shop.aeros...category=Flight Simulation

One throttle 25;- Eur:

http://en.shop.aeros...category=Flight Simulation

Finn

Thanks for letting us know.

So to comfirm, there is no way to use throttles with the bus unless you have a joystick? No way to be done via the mouse or auto throttle etc?

If I purchase one of the above joysticks; can I just control the throttles with it and control all else as normal with the keyboard and mouse? Turning and bankking etc?

If this is the case, I need to get my behind to PC World or somewhere that can deliver one fast as I am stuck on the ground!! will any joystick do; or do i need one with certain function or features?

Cockpit and sounds are first rate boys; but that it is all I have done, taxi seems NICE too:)

SImon

Thanks for letting us know.

So to comfirm, there is no way to use throttles with the bus unless you have a joystick? No way to be done via the mouse or auto throttle etc?

If I purchase one of the above joysticks; can I just control the throttles with it and control all else as normal with the keyboard and mouse? Turning and bankking etc?

If this is the case, I need to get my behind to PC World or somewhere that can deliver one fast as I am stuck on the ground!! will any joystick do; or do i need one with certain function or features?

Cockpit and sounds are first rate boys; but that it is all I have done, taxi seems NICE too:)

SImon

The joystick needs an axis that you can assign to throttle. So only a joystick isn't enough. Although most have that now a days.

Cheers Jerry; would someting like this work...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001H9UGD4/ref=s9_simh_gw_p229_i7?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=05QP2X3111YS9774KSRZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

Or do they just sell a little throttle; thing....I have NO desk space!!!

lol...

Cheers Jerry; would someting like this work...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001H9UGD4/ref=s9_simh_gw_p229_i7?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=05QP2X3111YS9774KSRZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

Or do they just sell a little throttle; thing....I have NO desk space!!!

lol...

This one - unfortunately - doesn't have a throttle axis.

*edit* More like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-942-000005-Extreme-Pro-Joystick/dp/B002BYONB0/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1283508738&sr=1-2

Although a bit bigger, so I don't know about your space...