Airbus X

petsumnets

Could maybe somebody consider to close this topic? :angry:

IN MY OPINION I believe wing flex is a huge part in looks and feel of the realism of a sim aircraft.

How much of the wing do you see when looking out of the VC? I have to try when I come home. Why I'm asking? If realism is so important to you, you will for sure stay in the VC for the whole flight. At least I do so since I have never seen the captain sitting on seat 23A and watching out of the window nor sitting on the wing..

So, for what to waste a LOT of resources when you don't see the wings??

Call me crazy but I can look at a pic of a C172 and tell whether it was on the ground or flying based on the flex..

Sorry, but that's nonsense. I have a couple of hundred hours as PIC on different type of airplanes, also on the 172 and I have never noticed any wingflex. Even with a Pa28 in really heavy turbulence.

Kai

• Upvote 2

To all those people wishing for wingflex in this model:

I fly (as a passenger) the A319/320 at least 4 or 5 times per year out of Denver, CO on the great Frontier airlines...and I always select a window seat, in or close to an exit row. So you can imagine I have a great view of the wings (and the cool winglets featuring the animals of Frontier!).

Now, I have flown in all kinds of weather, and if you are flying East of Denver in the summer months there is always a good chance you will encounter turbulence of varying degrees. I've been through some rough air, where objects fly off of tray tables and your heart gets stuck in your throat. There is wingflex on the real A319. OK, I'll repeat this: There is wingflex... BUT(!) in all my travels, even in turbulence, it's very little. I'd say that 95% of the time you never see it, even on hard landings. It's a relatively short wing and pretty darn sturdy, so it just doesn't flex much...and when you do see it, trust me - you can measure the distance the end of the wing travels in just a few inches.

Here is a funny story - I flew just a month ago back and forth to Ft Lauderdale, FL. I had been reading the wingflex controversy here so I decided to film the wingtip with my video camera to record something which I could bring back to these forums...both there and back I just couldn't film anything that would make it worthwhile! :blush:

So take it from a frequent traveller on the "bus" - once and for all wingflex is barely noticeable on the real plane, and even when it happens it's negligible. So for all of you demanding this feature to the point where if it isn't included you won't buy the product, you're doing yourselves a complete disfavor based on real world data. You just want an aesthetic property that isn't worth it. B)

I'm an even MORE frequent traveller than you (I fly in the Airbus on average 6-10 times per MONTH) and I've ALWAYS seen noticeable wingflex on A319, A320, and A321 aircraft (I fly US Airways, United and Delta regularly) Granted, it (the wing flex) isn't as pronounced as on the 737NGs, but the only reason it looks more dramatic on the 737 is because of the winglets. Project Airbus got it right in their A318/A319 models.

Lack of wing flex in this aircraft isn't a deal-breaker for me, but it would definitely make the visual model look better.

To be honest I dont know what the huge deal is, somebody expressed their feelings about how he would of liked to of seen wing flex. I backed him up. Those were opinions of ours. Somebody wanted clarification on my opinion, I gave it to him. Another person was immature about this and I gave him my thoughts.

Now Klemm, I understand where your coming from. Even though Im talking about realism, Im not the type of person that sits in the VC the whole flight. I like to look at different views, such as wingviews, views from spot, etc. I like to take advantage of what the sim has to offer. Now pilots could or could not care about wing flex IRL, but one things for sure wing flex does happen and IMHO its enough to simulate in the Airbus. This is irrelevant but I know in the 737NGX you can see the wings from the cockpit but I dont know about Airbus. I wouldnt be suprised if you can.

About the wing flex on the C172, its not really a flex. its more of a stiffness look in the wings. I can say I cant see wingflex in low wing airplanes such as PA28. Do I expect to see wing flex simulated on a Cessna in FS? No Im not like that but in an Airbus that was mainly simulated on feel, looks, and models I do expect it.

Im done with this, Ive said what I needed to say a while ago. All I can do is just hope there will be model update but thats all I can do, so Im done.

-Rodger

• Upvote 1

look at this video you can see the wing flex BUT not that much and as some have said before it would only be a tiny amount of pixels that the wing would move in FSX

TBH I don't give a damn about the wingflex the A320 and A321 don't have a lot of it so guys I don't think aerosoft is going to change it's mind because of few guys who say they won't buy it because of no wingflex thats just silly so either buy the aircraft or don't and stop wining about the wingflex