Airbus X Flap Settings

Us Airways B757

Hey guys,

I thought I would commend the entire Aerosoft team on releasing such a great product!

With that being said, only one issue really stood out at me was the positioning of the flap positions on the Airbus X compared to the real Airbus. When I select flaps position two it seems that the flaps barely extend. The silver stripe is barely showing. Whereas on the real bus, the sliver stripe is past the alierons when the flaps are in position 2. Reguardless of this cosmetic inconvenience, the flaps seem to still provide adequate enough lift.

Real bus pic with flap extended to 2: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthansa/Airbus-A321-131/0641910/&sid=163a49c85ed71129bad3e3687934d5f3

I will take pic of the Airbus X for you guys to compare when I get home.

Once again, thanks again for such a revolutionary aircraft for the everyday simmer.

-Us 75

Hi,

After having a closer look I think it may be the angle which plays a big part in the "illusion" take a look at this from the airbus X, the strip is clearly visable, I think its the angle that the photo was taken at which makes it look so different.

20109220361160.th.png

James

• Aerosoft

It may seem that way. I'm trying to say that the flaps are not angled downward enough. The stripe should go past the aileron at a more downward angle. Closely compare the images.

Comparing the images is okay, but there is no way to say in what setting the flaps are in the image you show. We'll have it looked at, but without images that show all setting (and not in motion) it's hard to be sure. Perhaps we find an Airbus at the airport today one of our guys can have a look at.

Sounds good Mathijs, I appreciate your dedication to help fix this issue.

BTW, I believe that the Project Airbus A319/A320 does a very good job of mirroring the flap settings vs. the real aircraft--if your team wants to take a look at each setting on that aircraft I can post individual pictures here on the forum.

Thanks,

Charles

• Aerosoft

Sounds good Mathijs, I appreciate your dedication to help fix this issue.

BTW, I believe that the Project Airbus A319/A320 does a very good job of mirroring the flap settings vs. the real aircraft--if your team wants to take a look at each setting on that aircraft I can post individual pictures here on the forum.

Thanks,

Charles

No need, we got a real Airbus next week to play with and will check it with that.

• Aerosoft

Can I get one too?!! biggrin.gif

Here is a story you will like.

When we did the sound recordings we were invited by a friendly airline to a friendly airport. When the Aerosoft guys arrived they were shown to an A321 on ground power with 75% fuel. And left alone for two hours!!!! The temptation....They sure knew how to start it up. See here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=295

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Just wondering, has their been an update on this issue?

No, we checked out visual model with the real aircraft and we think that what we got is correct. The images are in a camera that's not with me at this moment, but the moment I get my hands on if I can show images of all the flaps settings on the real aircraft.

• 2 weeks later...

No, we checked out visual model with the real aircraft and we think that what we got is correct. The images are in a camera that's not with me at this moment, but the moment I get my hands on if I can show images of all the flaps settings on the real aircraft.

Ok Mathijs, sounds good.