Engine Start

stumar

• Aerosoft

Are the throttles at Idle?

Did you follow the procedures as per the manual?

James

Try moving your throttle from idle to full and back again before starting. Many throttles only send data when they got a different setting.

Part of it is a FSX problem, all jet engines spool up to high on start. 100% is however very very high.

Try moving your throttle from idle to full and back again before starting. Many throttles only send data when they got a different setting.

Part of it is a FSX problem, all jet engines spool up to high on start. 100% is however very very high.

Yes my throttles were cycled to idle, its the ususal FS problem during start up, but i thought most developers had got around this not seen it happen in a while.

Its definitely over 100% as the needle goes amber.

Regards

Stuart

We don´t use custom coded engines like some few other highend developers.

That would help, but instead they have often difficulties with weather programs like Active sky.

Finn

I have also run into this issue and have followed the instructions from the manual.

No matter what I seem to do with the start phase, the engines spool up to 100%; however, if I use auto start with FSX, this doesn't happen.

Thanks,

-Us 75

Hello everybody,

the same thing is happening to me. I turn on the engine master switch and the thing spools up to 100% really fast. I followed the step-by-step guide to check if i was doing something wrong and experimented moving the throttles to TO/GA and back to idle, before starting the engines, but the problem persists.

Anyway, excellent job with the airbus. Even with some minor issues (wich i think it's perfectly normal at this stage) this bird is an absolute joy to fly.

Regards

Tiago

Thank you Aerosoft for releaseing this beauty.

"When the engines start, they start way to fast and do a rapid acceleration to 100% N1. "

Well that is one bug I tried to point out several times in many of the AirbusX threads. The engines spool up way to much. It seems to be an issue with FSX, but I haven't seen this issue so severe till now. (And by the way: the sound-transition from the first part of the engine start to the second part of the engine start is still to abrupt)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

I have the same problem too!!

As explained here this is an issue that is FSX specific, not something we can change without replacing the complete engine logic with our own. Something not intended for this project and something that would cause a lot of FPS los.

Something that sometimes helps is to move the throttle from idle to full and back again before starting