Here's how to delete the Airbus X preset views (F9 to F12)

tup61

Go to the FSX Settings > Controls > Buttons/keys tab, look for the following Events and delete the key assignement (select the event and press Delete Key Assignement).

- Virtual Cockpit (shortcut) = F9

- 2-D Cockpit View (shortcut) = F10

- Locked Spot View (shortcut) = F11

- View camera 4 (select) = F12

I presume a lot of people will like to get rid of them, so to prevent 100 topics about it... ;)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for this.

Is there any other way that you could use the default F9-F12 keys for the default camera views?

Tbh, I don't really like this new Airbus X preset view.

Thanks for this.

Is there any other way that you could use the default F9-F12 keys for the default camera views?

Tbh, I don't really like this new Airbus X preset view.

These views are in fact default FSX views, only a bit reassigned. It's not something new that Aerosoft did. If I remember well by default F9-F12 had the VC, spot view, top down view and another one assigned to them. Aerosoft simply changed them to their own choice. (Afaik.)

The Airbus X assigned View camera 4 (select) to F12: I can't check it right now but I think there also should be Events like View camera 1 (select), View camera 2 (select), View camera 3 (select), etc. etc. etc.! So just assign one of the F9 to F12 keys to those and affter some trial and error you will probably have the views you want assigned to those keys.

Go to the FSX Settings > Controls > Buttons/keys tab, look for the following Events and delete the key assignement (select the event and press Delete Key Assignement).

- Virtual Cockpit (shortcut) = F9

- 2-D Cockpit View (shortcut) = F10

- Locked Spot View (shortcut) = F11

- View camera 4 (select) = F12

I presume a lot of people will like to get rid of them, so to prevent 100 topics about it... ;)

Better way is to leave FSX controls alone, so that all other airplanes are unaffected.. :rolleyes:

Instead open up the aircraft.cfg file(s) for the AirbusX and remove all lines that define Hotkeys!

Better way is to leave FSX controls alone, so that all other airplanes are unaffected.. :rolleyes:

Instead open up the aircraft.cfg flie(s) for the AirbusX and remove all lines that define Hotkeys!

Yes indeed! I wrote my tip before that tip was published. :P But thanks for posting this, otherwise people might screw up some personal settings!