Throttle Problems

Jjames

Hi there,

Firstly Id like to say despite the problem Im having, everything else on this aircraft is stunning! Congrats to aerosoft! Very FPS friendly too!

Now, I seem to be having some issues with the throttle on my joystick. The throttle works as normal for the defualt aircraft Is should add.

Ive tried loading FSX up with a default aircraft, then switching to the airbus x, that doesnt cure the problem.

I can see what is happening to the throttle as on the engine display when I move the throttle the white marker moves briefly, then 'snaps' back to the idle position. The same happens when I press F4, I have to hold it down, and when released the throttle 'snaps' back to idle.

Ive set the joystick up in FSX as per the manual and am now at a loss as to what this could be.

My joysyick is a 'microsoft sidewinder precision 2' USB

Any help would be great,

Thanks, James

Hi,

This problem is still not solved for me.

closing the sim and restarting has no effect on the problem.

Do you think its essential I buy FSUIPC?

James,

No, you do not need the registered version of FSUPIC, just the freeware/unregistered version. Please make sure your throttle hardware is properly setup/configured in FSX and FSUIPC.

Bob

FSUIPC is not needed

Assure that You have assigned the throttle axis's (one or two) in the FSX controller menu.

Then close FSX and start it again.

But it is essential that throttles are assigned in FSX own controller menu reagrdless of FSUIPC or not is installed.

Also read in the manual how you must setup FSUIPC throttles if you use a registered version.

Finn

Hi,

Thanks for the help, I have been assigning the throttle controls only using FSX menu.

Ive now managed to get one throttle working, but the other remains the same...

FSUIPC is not needed

Assure that You have assigned the throttle axis's (one or two) in the FSX controller menu.

Then close FSX and start it again.

But it is essential that throttles are assigned in FSX own controller menu reagrdless of FSUIPC or not is installed.

Also read in the manual how Yu must setup FSUIPC throttles if You use a registered version.

Finn

I also have problems setting up the throttles. Normally I use a registered version of FSUIPC to configure my controllers.

Can you please elaborate on the FSUIPC settings? I have setup the Joystick Calibration in FSUIPC as specified in the manual but what about the Axis Assignment? Do I set Send to FS as normal axis or Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration?

If you use PFC hardware, it does not work with this aircraft.

no PFC

Saitek yoke, 2 Saitek throttle quadrants (unplugged 1 for Airbus X), CH throttle quadrant (unplugged for Airbus X), CH rudder pedals, Logitech joystick.

Hi thanks for all the help guys, my problem is now solved! :D

If anyone else is having problems, try unplugging all other controllers/joysticks from the computer, this worked for me!

James

Hello, I want to buy the Airbus but I am having a little trouble understanding the issues regarding the throttles, FSUIPC and Saitek TQ's. Since I have not purchased the product yet, I can't find a way to access the manual that describes how to assign and calibrate TQ's. I have a registered version of FSUIPC and the Saitek TQ. If you are familiar with the Saitek TQ, you know that you do not set a reverse zone with them. All of my Assignments are done through FSUIPC.

From the FSUIPC Manual:

"IMPORTANT: Before making any assignments in FSUIPC4, you should be sure that the same axes are not being assigned in FS itself. This isn't as easy as it sounds, because when FS sees a new control attached it does automatic assignments. If you just want to use FSUIPC4 to program the odd axis, but leave the rest to FS, then it is best to just go into FS's assignment dialogues and de-assign the axis you want FSUIPC4 to handle. But be sure to check this on your next load of FS, just in case it gets reassigned automatically. It does happenespecially if you are in the habit of unplugging your USB devices!"

This means two things to me: don't unplug and reconnect USB hardware; don't use FSX and FSUIPC when assigning axes.

I guess the main problem I am having, based on what I have read on the forums today, is it seems like I would have to reassign my throttles in FSX every time I want to use the Airbus and delete them every time I want to fly something else. After all, I can set up a profile in FSUIPC but I can't in FSX.

Does the Aerosoft Airbus work with FSUIPC and the Saitek TQ? Can you calibrate and assign in FSUIPC only? Is the Aerosoft Airbus going to work with all of my other buttons programmed through FSUIPC for my Saitek TQ's (Flaps axis, Spoilers axis, buttons...) Can anyone elaborate on how to set up the Saitek TQ, FSUIPC and the Aerosoft Airbus? I would like to know what I am getting in to before I buy.

Thanks.

Hello, I want to buy the Airbus but I am having a little trouble understanding the issues regarding the throttles, FSUIPC and Saitek TQ's. Since I have not purchased the product yet, I can't find a way to access the manual that describes how to assign and calibrate TQ's. I have a registered version of FSUIPC and the Saitek TQ. If you are familiar with the Saitek TQ, you know that you do not set a reverse zone with them. All of my Assignments are done through FSUIPC.

From the FSUIPC Manual:

"IMPORTANT: Before making any assignments in FSUIPC4, you should be sure that the same axes are not being assigned in FS itself. This isn't as easy as it sounds, because when FS sees a new control attached it does automatic assignments. If you just want to use FSUIPC4 to program the odd axis, but leave the rest to FS, then it is best to just go into FS's assignment dialogues and de-assign the axis you want FSUIPC4 to handle. But be sure to check this on your next load of FS, just in case it gets reassigned automatically. It does happen—especially if you are in the habit of unplugging your USB devices!"

This means two things to me: don't unplug and reconnect USB hardware; don't use FSX and FSUIPC when assigning axes.

I guess the main problem I am having, based on what I have read on the forums today, is it seems like I would have to reassign my throttles in FSX every time I want to use the Airbus and delete them every time I want to fly something else. After all, I can set up a profile in FSUIPC but I can't in FSX.

Does the Aerosoft Airbus work with FSUIPC and the Saitek TQ? Can you calibrate and assign in FSUIPC only? Is the Aerosoft Airbus going to work with all of my other buttons programmed through FSUIPC for my Saitek TQ's (Flaps axis, Spoilers axis, buttons...) Can anyone elaborate on how to set up the Saitek TQ, FSUIPC and the Aerosoft Airbus? I would like to know what I am getting in to before I buy.

Thanks.

Jeff - see post #59 where I answer your question in this post http://forum.avsim.net/topic/294903-aerosoft-airbus-x-released/page__st__40

"Jeff,

Both. You must assign each throttle AXIS in FSX and then each throttle in FSUIPC as as 'aircraft specific'.

Below is from the General Guidelines manual from the Aerosoft Airbus X -

"You MUST assign the throttle axes in the FSX Settings ->controls -> control axes menu. Furthermore it is important to create an FSUIPC “specific aircraft” assignment and calibration for the Airbus X so only this aircraft is affected. You can leave all other axes except the throttles as they are, but the throttles must be calibrated without a reverse zone ".

So in FSX, set each thottle axis to a specific joystick axis and then in FSUIPC click the aircraft specific checkbox on the AXIS Assignment tab and only set the throttle axis to the specific joystick axis/lever and then go to the Joystick Cablibration tab and click on the aircraft specific checkbox (if its not already selected) and click the 'no reverse zone' checkbox. Then calibrate each of the two throttles.

Bob

"

Bob

Jeff - see post #59 where I answer your question in this post http://forum.avsim.n...ed/page__st__40

"Jeff,

Both. You must assign each throttle AXIS in FSX and then each throttle in FSUIPC as as 'aircraft specific'.

Below is from the General Guidelines manual from the Aerosoft Airbus X -

"You MUST assign the throttle axes in the FSX Settings ->controls -> control axes menu. Furthermore it is important to create an FSUIPC "specific aircraft" assignment and calibration for the Airbus X so only this aircraft is affected. You can leave all other axes except the throttles as they are, but the throttles must be calibrated without a reverse zone ".

So in FSX, set each thottle axis to a specific joystick axis and then in FSUIPC click the aircraft specific checkbox on the AXIS Assignment tab and only set the throttle axis to the specific joystick axis/lever and then go to the Joystick Cablibration tab and click on the aircraft specific checkbox (if its not already selected) and click the 'no reverse zone' checkbox. Then calibrate each of the two throttles.

Bob

"

Bob

Hi Bob, (is this the same bob I am talking with at AVSIM?, if so, sorry for the double post)

Here is my concern. It is what I just posted at AVSIM.

I am flying the Airbus. Axis Y is mapped to engine 1 and axis Z is mapped to engine 2. The assignments are done in an airbus profile in FSUIPC and in FSX.

Now I switch to a single engine prop. In FSUIPC, Axis Y is now mapped to throttle and axis Z is mapped to prop pitch in FSUIPC with a single engine prop profile. In FSX, however, axis Z is still mapped to engine 2. Won't this cause a bunch of problems? Since FSX doesn't do profiles, won't FSX continue to send Airbus assignments to my single engine prop? FSX and FSUIPC will conflict and I will end up with strange results?

Right now there is no way around assigning throttle axis' through FSX own controller menu for the FADAEC system to work.

We might be able to add FSUIPC support too, but no promise at present.

Finn

Finn,

Thank you for your response.

I am getting conflicting reports on other forums. Does it work or not?

Will I be disappointed based on what I have said in this thread?

What is your refund policy?

Airbus X does NOT work if throttle axis' aren't assigned in the FSX controller menu.

Solely using FSUIPC for assigning and calibration will NOT work.

Please read the manual regarding how to setup FSUIPC correctly for the Airbus X (Removing reverse zone etc.)

Finn

Airbus X does NOT work if throttle axis' aren't assigned in the FSX controller menu.

Solely using FSUIPC for assigning and calibration will NOT work.

Please read the manual regarding how to setup FSUIPC correctly for the Airbus X (Removing reverse zone etc.)

Finn

Hi all,

And if I may add: you also need to check in FSX that only ONE controller is assigned to the throttles. For instance if you have a driving wheel, check that none of its inputs is assigned to the throttles.

Best regards,

David