Throws A tamptrum at 100ft?

ridgey

I have this problem to, it appears the way the control surfaces act changes under this altitude as well as they turn 100% accurate to the controller.

i have this too but i think if aerosoft wil solve this problem + the engnine power, the bus is a good one and i hope they sell enough too think over more advanced features

May I just add that Airbuses do this in real life in the flare phase. The aircraft FBW commands a positive pitch down, which the pilot has to counteract. I am not sure of the exact reason for it (it is buried in one of the FCOM chapters) but I know that it ensures a positive flare command by the PF...

I have noticed that I need to command pitch up a little more aggressively after 100RA, and normally the manual landing is okay. It is important that approach speeds are carefully managed, as the pitch down is harder to counteract if you are too fast on approach...

It shouldn't be doing this in autoland though, is it?

I am also missing one of the RA callouts too. There is one for 100 above (decision height I believe). Perhaps this wasn't a feature on the Airbus that was used as basis for the model and systems... ?

Andrew

Hi Airbus freaks And DEV. team of Airbus X,

This is a nice Airbus but having some problems.

For me biggest problem is below, because it make my flights ended with disappointment;

Autopilot and auto throttle are off and at 100ft AGL, the aircraft does an uncommanded pitch down and the aircraft almost not controllable!

I'm having 20 times try, everytime same problem.

Cheers

Well if its a real situation or not i think ive found a

Temporary Fix

It does not actually stop the problem but its a way of avoiding it that can be executed with ease. When approaching the runway on the correct glideslope give a very small flare before 150/100ft. After this IMMEDIATELY centre your joystick. The aircraft will only shudder and pitch if any of the ailerons are active (in my experience). Then do your regular flare. The point of the earlier one is that because you have to leave the final flare so late it will not be as sharp.