Throws A tamptrum at 100ft?

ridgey

Hey guys,

Im not sure if this is covered under "autoland"

but everytime i fly the approach, manually at 100ft [above ground], the plane will,, [no better words to describe] have a wobble.

It drops towards the floor when 100ft is called out.

May just be me , maybe others may get it.

• Aerosoft

Hey guys,

Im not sure if this is covered under "autoland"

but everytime i fly the approach, manually at 100ft [above ground], the plane will,, [no better words to describe] have a wobble.

It drops towards the floor when 100ft is called out.

May just be me , maybe others may get it.

Well it seems you are not in full manual mode at that moment and a protection kicks in. What does the FMA tell you at that moment?

Well it seems you are not in full manual mode at that moment and a protection kicks in. What does the FMA tell you at that moment?

ill get back to u on that,

i am pretty sure i am in full manual control,

will get back to you on the FMA

That is weird. If it is stable at 150 ft nothing will change at 100 ft. There is no protection that will arm or activate simply through passing 100 ft RA.

At 50 ft the flare law should kick in and try to pitch down 2 degrees over 5 seconds, if that is modelled.

Best regards,

Robin.

Stable on approach, then along comes the 100ft RA announcement. The aircraft then pitches down rather aggressively, the RA drops fast.

50...40...30...20... RETARD RETARD RETARD... and so on, but very fast...

I am sure we all know here what the annnouncement RETARD is for ;) There are too many bad jokes of aircraft calling their pilots retards for not landing smoothly enough and so on...

Gentle interaction on the stick is not enough. I really need a positive pitch up to have any effect.

I will continue to check this, and the way I do things (as that is ALWAYS a source of error, as I have all too often found out...)

Andrew

Same here. We tried 3 different manual approach and the aircraft just veer to the left with a sharp bank angle and a nose dive, then of course hell break lose, warning sounds, GPWS, TOGA, Alpha Floor etc.. Also we noticed no callout before 400ft.. is that normal?

Regards

D

PS: Not impressed with the quality of the recorded callout sounds, we will change those with the real simulator callout when we get the time. Same story for the TCAS sounds, I know they were kindly recorded by a member but it just doesn't sound like an Airbus to me.

We have noticed an anomaly with the BAT but I got to double check that,

---------------------

Ridgey, no disrespect, you've done a good job on TCAS, but the recording just don't do it for me, it's an easy fix, we'll just swap them. Nothing personal.

• Upvote 1

Yup I've tried it and it still appears without any AP being turned on ever. Basically you can see the flight director go crazy and the aircraft follows as well. Quite annoying because you have to constantly battle it, no autotrim.

I had this issue with beta versions but I still haven't had time to install the final version. I had read this problem had been solved...

I'll come back after my weekend flights ;)

Same problem here. Call-outs start at 400ft and at 100, hell breaks loose.

But as it also is my first post here, I just wanted to congratulate Aerosoft for this awesome bird. Amazing job and amazing fps :D.

I am sure all the teething problems will soon be solved.

Jean-Paul

Sorry to say I have it here too. I've made about a dozen manual landings so far. Loads averaged about 3/4 full (pax & cargo) and fuel ranging from 75 to 20%. ASE was used for weather about half the time. In all but one case, the nose started dropping within several hundred feet of the ground, and the landings were a mess. On one occasion, it flew beautifully all the way through touchdown.

I hope this is addressed soon because this tendency kind of kills the experience for me in this good looking plane.

Hi everyone,

same problem as well

When I'm about 3000ft I disengage autopilot and later autothrust and I try to perform a manual landing. When I'm close to the runway (more or less 300/400 feet) the Bus suddenly point the nose down and I can't do anything... I crashed.

This happened 4 times in 4 flights in 4 different airports LIPZ - LFMN - LFKJ - LXGB.

Fmc is correctly set and Joystick as well with the indication you wrote in the Step By Step guide.

Speed was good about 145knots, aircraft was quite light 15% fuel...

Is there anything special I have to do?

Regards

Manuele

Same problem here. AC also goes into a heavy nose down angle when disconnecting autopilot. Also feels very difficult to maintain stable pitch on approach, like the aircraft wants to bob up and down regardless of stick or trim.

"PS: Not impressed with the quality of the recorded callout sounds, we will change those with the real simulator callout when we get the time. Same story for the TCAS sounds, I know they were kindly recorded by a member but it just doesn't sound like an Airbus to me."

CRM320 any chance you could share your sounds when your done? I also noticed that and your right you can hear the background engines of the recorded A320.

-Travis

and later autothrust and I try to perform a manual landing.

Don't disengage the AT, there is no need to do this, you should have the VAPP speed set on the FCU anyway, just as your mains touch down reduce the throttles to idle then select REV thrust as the nose wheel touches down. At no point do you need to switch off the AT.

@CRM320 +1 for the TCAS/GPWS sounds... I tend to agree...

I have performed 3 landings so far. The last one was okay. As long as you manage the approach speed and are positive with the elevator up deflection on manual landing after 100RA, you get a good landing...

My first and second landings were simply poor technique... though I tend to kick off the A/T too...

I am using it on really short commuter/feeder routes (like EDDV/EDDF), on which you don't really get above FL180-200, so I haven't seen the performance issues at altitude people have seen here.

I am sure Aerosoft will iron out these issues... as I said prior to release: have faith!

Andrew

"PS: Not impressed with the quality of the recorded callout sounds, we will change those with the real simulator callout when we get the time. Same story for the TCAS sounds, I know they were kindly recorded by a member but it just doesn't sound like an Airbus to me."

CRM320 any chance you could share your sounds when your done? I also noticed that and your right you can hear the background engines of the recorded A320.

-Travis

Re: Sounds, sure. I'll pack them up and PM you with a link. Also bear in mind Airbus X has missing CALLOUT (which is a shame, we are not sure why some are missing.) No callout above 400ft. Then the 300ft, 10, 5 are missing. Also the TICK TICK TICK is also badly recorded so we need to get hold of that one. Maybe Aerosoft can explain?

Regards

D

By the way, I know I am bitching about little things and I'd like to say we are impressed by the Descent/Climb rate attitude of Airbus X. Well done on that one guys.

hi

as i wrote in an earlier message, i am experiencing the same strange behaviour the last 100 ft on approach...

i am not sure, but i have a feeling, that as soon as i am at 100 ft, the simulation runs faster, as the runway moves much faster than before (like 1,25-1,5 x sim speed) not sure if this is true, but i have this feeling...

marc

What you and a awful lot of us are experiencing is when the aircraft reaches a height of 100ft or more the control surfaces are locking for some reason, no ailerons or rudder movement are occurring above this height.

Now when you come into land, the reverse is occurring, get to that magic 100ft and everything unlocks.

Hence the wild and unexpected movements.

I have checked and double checked this for the last 1.5 hrs in my own sim.

Cheers.

Mike.

What you and a awful lot of us are experiencing is when the aircraft reaches a height of 100ft or more the control surfaces are locking for some reason, no ailerons or rudder movement are occurring above this height.

Now when you come into land, the reverse is occurring, get to that magic 100ft and everything unlocks.

Hence the wild and unexpected movements.

I have checked and double checked this for the last 1.5 hrs in my own sim.

Cheers.

Mike.

I have aileron and elevator control above 100ft. but no rudder. When descending past 100ft. there seems to be a sudden nose drop accompanied by a momentary control lockup. Once control is regained the aircraft seems to fly as intended(rudder, aileron, elevator), albeit hard to test when flying at and below 100 ft. I like the theory that the FBW system is managing the control surfaces above 100ft and for some reason at 100ft they all center(causing a nose dip at low speeds). Thus the reason it is not very noticeable at high speeds or on takeoff because the elevator has a neutral to slightly positive deflection, a sudden centering would not effect pitch much. The one thing I can't figure out is why there is no rudder control above 100ft.

-Todd